Does anyone have advice on how to get pregnant after tubal ligation without reversal of the procedure?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

26 Likes

Ivf, course that may be more expensive than the reversal.

2 Likes

Uhā€¦you do know that tubal ligation is done to stop pregnancy? If you donā€™t reverse it you are not going to get pregnant. You can always get a surrogate to carry the baby.

5 Likes

Is that possible? :thinking::face_with_monocle:

I donā€™t think itā€™s possible.

Ivf is the only optionā€¦

1 Like

Umā€¦thats not how this works the point of getting your tubes tied is to stop pregnancy. Why would you get them tied if you werenā€™t done having children?

9 Likes

Tubal Ligation Reversal is cheaper than IVF, a Surrogate and cheaper than Adoption. You could Foster a baby. Other than that Itā€™s very slim to None to get pregnant with a Tubal Ligation. Depending on many factors you may not even to have a baby even if you do get a Tubal Ligation reversal.

3 Likes

Pure chance and luck, is my guess. My niece got pregnant 5 years after her tubal ligation. It was a complete surprise to her and the rest of the family.

Wait a few years, apparently itā€™s not permanent, some woman have gotten pregnant a few years after a tubal ligation.

1 Like

You wonā€™t be able to get pregnant after a tubal ligation unless you have it reversed, even then it isnt 100% that you will get pregnant. I had mine for 4 years ago as I have 3 children and 100% knew I didnā€™t want anymore.
You could adopt or find a surrogate.

Probably a good question for your doctor

2 Likes

U cantā€¦thats the point

10 Likes

IVF or a reversal are the only ways. The whole point of a ligation is not to get pregnant ā€¦:woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Pray for it to fail is the only thing I know of that wouldnā€™t cost an arm and a leg. IVF or reversal are your only options I would assume but Iā€™m not a doctor.

1 Like

Ivf but from my understanding itā€™s a lot cheaper just to get a reversal

This is very dangerous and can result in an ectopic pregnancy. Only 1 in 200 woman get pregnant after tubal ligation and a percent of them will be ectopic pregnancies Iā€™m sorry but trying to do this would be extremely irresponsible. If trying naturally without IVF

5 Likes

Iā€™ve read enough stories just wait a couple years and itā€™ll happen naturally

I donā€™t think so it will be very hard why did you do it i had two c section an on baby die on is alive thank. God for what you have be blessed.

Depends on what kind you had. Best way to find out is get your surgery and pathology reports. Peopleā€™s tubes have definitely grown back Iā€™m on a page that it happened to a lot. I personally am getting a reversal next month.

If the tubal ligation was done with clips itā€™s reversible and but if was done with laser itā€™s not reversible, and even with the reversal the chances of pregnancy are extremely slim to none because of the amount of scare tissue created by the tubal ligation to begin with, which in the US unless itā€™s life threatening or the person has already had 2 viable births can that procedure be done before the womenā€™s 40 yrs old, Insurance wonā€™t even pay for it.

Iā€™ve had mine 20 yrs ago. My husband and I often say lets work on having a baby for fun!! Weā€™ve had unprotected sex for 20 years, no baby. My baby boy said he is the last of the bestā€¦

What? Iā€™m confused? Why would you ask how to get pregnant after getting fixed without having it reversed? That is bizarre. It really makes no sense at all. Of course you would have to get it reversed to get pregnant! How do you think it works in the first place? To stop pregnancyā€¦good grief

Journeys Of A Woman What is with sharing these ridiculous & unrealistic questions?
Next itā€™s going to be ā€œHow do I remove gorilla glue from my hair?ā€

Have your eggs harvested, fertilized. Embryo implanted (same way as a surrogate pregnancy)

Only that it is extremely dangerous! You could literally die if you get pregnant after a tubalā€¦ I had my tubes untied thoā€¦ it was a pretty easy processā€¦ the recovery was a bit worse than my 3 previous csections but it was worth itā€¦ I had my new baby almost 1 year to the day after surgery

What a stupid question :rofl:

2 Likes

Idk why people are SO rude. I am going to link a video that you can watch. Amber Smith went through IVF after tubal ligation because she was on a time crunch for conceiving due to age. Otherwise I believe they say to do a reversal surgery. She goes through the whole process. Hope this helps! :heart:

4 Likes

Pray thatā€™s all I do

Isnt that where they remove your tubes?? Eggs cant travel to the uterus without those

IVF is the option. I am going through the same thing. My ex husband was abusive and it was easier to get the tubal ligation done like he wanted. My fiance and I are talking about having another and we spoke with a fertility clinic and it is somewhat cheaper because you donā€™t have to do everything due to the fact that you are not struggling to conceive just canā€™t conceive because of the tubes. Feel free to message me with any questions. Ignore those being rude!

4 Likes

It happens sometimes because of the human condition. Very few things when dealing with life are 100%. Against all odds it happens. A small place in the tube reattaches. Unfortunately the attached place is normally smaller than the size of the egg but enough for sperm to pass through. This is why the majority are tubal pregnancies.

IVF. Or pray to whatever gods you may believe in that youā€™re one of the women who have theirs grow back together. It happens. I know someone who ended up pregnant TWICE after ligation. With twins one of the times.

1 Like

Definitely get in touch with your ob-gyn and /or a fertility clinic. IVF would be the safest route, and they will be able to help you with that. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tubal ligation is the removal of the entire tube if im not mistaken

Best to talk to your doctor and discuss the safest options.

Youā€™re not gonna get pregnant, thatā€™s the point of it, you need to reversal surgery, especially to prevent ectopic pregnancy

2 Likes

Itā€™s a sterilization method. Thatā€™s all imma say.

I know people that had tubes tied then conceived, they werenā€™t trying. Iā€™d definitely talk to your Dr/OB. I had my tubes removed Dec 2018, wasnā€™t taking any chances.

Why did you even get it done in the first place ?
People like you who have it done an then decide they want more babies is why it is hard for the rest of us to get tubes tied.
You should have thought about this before getting it done.
Ffs

1 Like

About 1 in every 200 people get pregnant again after tubal ligation in the first 2 years. All dependant on age and how well the surgery took.

BUT there are massive risks associated with getting preg naturally after tubal ligation the main one being ectopic pregnancy which if left untreated CAN KILL YOU.

Also as others have said. You chose a permanent sterilisation method, the point is to have no more children.

Reversal surgery. I had it and still took a year to get pregnant. Also, itā€™s very expensive and insurance does not cover the cost.

You do know that itā€™s not a crime to change your mind right ? My goodness :woman_facepalming: