Does pre eclampsia go away?

when you found out you had preeclampsia, how far along were you?

Does it get worse overtime ?

Is it dangerous for the baby?

Where you induced? If so how far along were you & did the baby have to stay in the hospital
For a while ?

1 Like

1st time 35 weeks, this time 27 weeks. I was induced first time at my 37 weeks. I found out today that I have it so we haven’t discussed inducing but it will csection. I was really sick the first time also

1 Like

I was diagnosed at 32 weeks but I had been having all the symptoms except the protein in my 24 hr urine being over 300 way before that. I was scheduled for a c-section at 37 weeks (he was breech) because of it but my symptoms turned severe at 35 weeks and I had a c-section at 11:30 that night. It definitely gets worse over time and it’s the number one cause of maternal death in the US. And yes, very dangerous for the baby as well. The only treatment is delivery, which is why people are induced early. Because he was born at 35 weeks he was in the NICU for 7 days and I was in the hospital for 6 days. I had a very high bp that wouldn’t go down and I was on a magnesium drip for over 24 hours to prevent seizures due to that bp. The only reason he really needed to stay was because he had a couple instances of his O2 sat dropping when he slept so they wanted to monitor him. He’s a month old now and doing great! He was 5 lb 15.9 oz at birth.

3 Likes

I had undiagnosed preeclampsia (due to my drs negligence) was induced at 37 weeks because baby had stopped growing somewhere around 34 weeks i ended up developing hellp syndrome and needing an emergency c-section she was 4lbs 13oz at birth and diagnosed with intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR) she had difficulty regulating body temp and bloodsugar as well as feeding. She was syringe fed first couple of days . she stayed in the nicu over night and we only spent the standard 3 days in the hospital. She’s now 4 months and doing well just a little peanut

3 Likes

I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at my postpartum checkup. I had severe swelling and extremely elevated BP. BP issues are now chronic. Swelling went away in several weeks. Baby was already born so not affected.

1 Like

If you have it the only way to to stop it is to deliver. If you are early on in pregnancy they will try to manage it. If it gets dangerous they will either induce or you will have a C section.

2 Likes

I had my 1st baby due to preeclampsia at 35 weeks he was 5lb 5oz healthy no nicu was induced later that i had him naturally. 2nd baby got preeclampsia was induced at 36weeks 1week stay had emerency csection due to not dilating past 6 over 24hrs. Baby was 7lb 5oz no nicu. 3rd baby got preeclampsia at 34weeks 2 week stay. Had baby at 35wks 0days. 5lb 5oz via planned csection no nicu. Nursery for 1 week cause baby would not pass car seat test. Currently pregnant with #4 and 27wks. So far so good.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension at 31 /32 weeks and the next week was preeclamptic. Only made it to 34 weeks. Was induced. Yes it can be dangerous for the baby as the vessels that carry all the good stuff age quicker due to the higher BP. Shorty stayed in NICU for 2 weeks.

1 Like

I was diagnosed at 29 weeks with a severe diagnoses at first, it was downgraded to mild and I was discharged. I delivered at 34 weeks 3 days after my first mfm appointment because my blood pressure was high and then baby turned breech after I was admitted. I ended up having a csection which was a relief because the contractions I had during the 54 hour induction were awful and uncomfortable. She spent 24 days in the NICU only because she wouldn’t eat.

1 Like

I was 34 weeks when diagnosed. I wasn’t induced until the day before my due date but was sent to the hospital at 34 weeks and 39 weeks a few days before my due date to be monitored. The doctor had me monitoring and logging my blood pressure 2 times each day and I started weekly visits a little early. Ended up with an emergency c-section for totally unrelated reasons when my daughters heart rate was dropping. The cord was around her neck. Even after the blood pressure issues and the cord around her neck she was still perfectly healthy, thank God. Good luck!

1 Like

I found out at 24+3 and had my daughter at 25 weeks.

1 Like

I was diagnosed right at 30 weeks, induced at 34 because it just got worse even on meds, my son spent 10 days in NICU I had 5 days in the hospital myself.

Preeclampsia not only puts you at risk for seizures and strokes, but it ages the placenta drastically making it more likely for a placental abruption. Same with the cord. My sons cord and placenta both tore during labor. Thankfully I only had to push twice. My placenta came out in 4 separate pieces that the doctor had to scrape out, he then looked at my husband if we would’ve waited an hour later he’d be planning two funerals.

Saying all of that, most can keep the preeclampsia under control with blood pressure meds. My sister in law delivered at 39 weeks no complications with preeclampsia diagnosed early in pregnancy.

1 Like

I never was diagnosed with pre eclampsia, my problems started after I had him I developed eclampsia and had to be on medication that dried up my milk supply :cry:

1 Like

It can be dangorus I’m borderline preclampsia due to my heart rate sky rocketing but my BP not that high and they can pull baby early due to it my cousin had it from the second she found out she was pregnant pretty much and they had to pull baby mega Early like 27ish weeks early then some go almost full term with baby 🤷 it really depends on the severity of it

1 Like

I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 29w 3d had an emergency C-section at 29w 5d. My daughter spent 60days in the NICU. It is extremely dangerous to both you and baby