Does this mean I may not be able to breastfeed?

I have a question about breast, milk and breast-feeding. With my first three pregnancies, it seem like I leaked the whole time, I am now on my fourth pregnancy, and I have not leaked at all!!! Im 6 months, should i be worried that i might not be able to breast feds this time?

4 Likes

My first two attempts at breastfeeding were overall nightmares and really discouraging. Now with my third and last baby, who is nearly 3 years old, breastfeeding has been such a smooth sailing dream! I haven’t had mastitis once, no engorged breasts, no concerns about milk supply. She latched right away and of course now she is absolutely reluctant to be weaned. All this to say, please don’t get discouraged. Every pregnancy/birth is different.

No don’t worry I didn’t leak at all on my fourth. I have so much milk now it’s crazy.

No. I worried about this also but I’m still nursing at 18 months.

I didn’t leak at all with my 2nd pregnancy and my supply once baby was born was superior to the first time around.

This happened with my 3rd and I was able to breastfeed. I leaked like crazy with my first 2. Nothing at all with the 3rd. Made me a nervous wreck bur we were good!

1 Like

I never leak. 4 babies. Milk came in each time after 2 days to 3.

I didn’t leak at all. I gave birth on the 23rd and I just now started producing.

1 Like

My milk didn’t come in till days after my kids were born. I didn’t breastfeed but give it time, once baby is here try to feed and I was told doing that brings it in faster

I leaked my first 2 but not my third. He’s 11.5 months and successfully breastfeeding. He was 22.5lbs at his 9 month appointment and was 6lb13oz at birth.

I’ve breast fed 3 babies. I’m on my fourth pregnancy. I’ve NEVER leaked milk while pregnant

3 Likes

I didnt leak the whole pregnancy this time and even after my c section and yup , by day 2 my son was being topped up and by day 6 he was exclusive formula fed.

My milk didn’t come in at all

No, i leaked with first one and not a Vít with the second, and to get some colostrum was also hard, but the moment she came out she latched and had been breastfeeding since (9weeks now) you have to relax about it and remember that even if it doesn’t happen and you do formula, your baba will be just fine :slightly_smiling_face: (but either way, it’s is always hoot to keep few bottles of formula just in case, so you don’t have to run at night might you need it :slightly_smiling_face: ) good luck

I’m glad I opted bottle straight up for my 4th! I didn’t get any milk… like my boobs got big but didn’t leak at all…

I didn’t leak at all. I’ve successfully exclusively pumped since my son was born 4 months ago. Even if you’re not leaking now, it doesn’t mean you won’t produce.

That has nothing to do with it so dont panic :slight_smile: your going to be fine. :black_heart:

1 Like

No I didn’t leak until birth breastfed my daughter for 2 yrs

1 Like

Leaking during pregnancy isn’t indicative if you’ll be able to nurse baby. Not everyone leaks, I barely did with either of my pregnancies, nursed my first for ~6 weeks, I’m close to 3.5 years with kiddo 2.

2 Likes

I didn’t leak until after babies were born

Five babies, never leaked, fed them all

1 Like

I didn’t leak any of my pregnancies and was able to nurse all

You’re 6 months pregnant and because you’re not leaking you think you may not be able to breastfeed? Or your baby is 6 months? Leaking is definitely not an indicator at all for how much milk you make. Especially when you begin to regulate.

2 Likes

Has nothing to do with it

1 Like

My 4th baby I didn’t leak at all after leaking the first 3. He’s 18 mos old and still nurses.

I have had 7 babies and not leaked in any of my pregnancies and successfully breastfed 6 of them. Nothing to worry about at all.

I didn’t leak at all during my pregnancy, my son is five months and EBF, and fifteen pounds of cute chunky. My first born I leaked, wasn’t able to breastfeed at all. Leaking doesn’t mean you can’t! Honestly I get too much sometimes so you shouldn’t worry! It doesn’t indicate that you don’t have supply.

Your milk may come in as your closer to giving birth.