Dog drama help me out

It would be cruel to this dog to give her back she has bonded with you and her family, so therefore you are her family, she would be heart broken if you gave her back. KEEP HER.

5 Likes

Tell her because of her neglect of her dog, she will have to forfeit it, and as someone who is responsible for caring for the dog, you will give it to a better home(you).

4 Likes

absolutely keep her in my eyes she was abandoned to you by previous owner

2 Likes

IMO…
Stop grasping for straws and be direct with the owner. You got a little too close with the fostered pet and now don’t want to give her back, it happens.
Then check your state laws as many states consider animals property if she says no.
Personally, I don’t think the owner has been a very good one from a moral standpoint.However, personal feelings and what the law states are two completely different things. Instead of trying to be sneaky by justifying she “abandoned” the dog just be direct with her. You’re accepting payment from her monthly so that’s not technically abandonment from a legal stand point.

6 Likes

I have heard u der law that if you take the dog to the vet for check up and shots then if she were to ever try to take you to small claims court for the dog she has no ground to stand on

3 Likes

Where I live… the dog has been in your possession for 6 months. Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Keep every receipt from vets, food, treats, care etc… don’t accept anything from her anymore. After 30 days of no contact, no support, etc the possession law takes affect. She will be yours.

2 Likes

Do what it takes to keep the dog. She doesn’t deserve the dog. She obviously doesn’t care if she can’t even see the dog. I would never be able to go for a day without seeing my dogs. I would be scared to give her back. To her she’s just a dog. To you she is a member of your family and that’s how it should be.:blush:

2 Likes

Idk man, I was paying a place to watch my dog during my internship and they decided they liked my dog so much that they wanted to train him for therapy dog and “donated him to a church”, but I wasn’t a flaky pet parent, I paid for all his care board and food etc, and I flew in all the time to see him. they stole him bc they liked him, we even had contracts drawn up beforehand, it sucks, so plz give her a heads up and give her a chance to reclaim him

3 Likes

If she is not sending money for vet then you need to bring it up and if she says no , tell her you want to keep her. If she is busy taking care if herself she will probably say yes. But, you need to give her a chance to say what she wants. I’m sure when she comes to talk to you about her that she will see how happy she is with you and give her to you. Otherwise have the dog choose. They know who they love. Let her choose.

Keep her & if she wants it back tell her it will cost $$$$$$$$but really sounds like she doesn’t want the dog & you have prervided a good home "

Ask her if she is interested in selling you the dog

My mom went through something similar, she took in a dog from a rand High school friend about like 2/3 yrs ago, the girl moved to AZ from NM would send money as well for food and then eventually my mom decided they were just gonna keep him because they were already attached and they paid everything for him anyways. She got a new phone and didn’t use her old number and now, the chick doesn’t even try to ask my mom on fb how he’s doing so it sounds like the girl in your situation doesn’t really care much either like the one my mom dealt with

Ask if she is willing to give or sell you the dog. Write up a simple contract and have everyone sign it in front of a notary . Then get the dog fixed.

She is yours. Stop taking money for her for food. And if she tries to bring the police in down the road, nothing they will do, it’s a civil matter… smalls claim court. I had to deal with something similar… twice lol pup is better off with you and the family. Stop all communication

2 Likes

She’s abandoned the dog tell her you’ve taken all responsibilities and Loved this dog while she didn’t! It would hold up in court if she took you there but from what I read she wouldn’t spend the time or money to follow through. If you can’t keep her find her a good home. Refuse any more money she sends. God Bless :pray:t2:you for caring so much​:heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Doesn’t even seem like she wants the dog back.

2 Likes

Sounds like the dog is already yours, u have provided All care for the dog and it’s not like she seems like she cares much about the dog to begin with! I’d say keep the dog!

4 Likes

Keep the dog and continue to give her the best life ever. You are doing such an amazing job. I really don’t think it’s a good idea for her to ever get her back… she will not take care of her like you do. Do not contact her anymore and don’t take money from her or answer text message she can use that against you. All the best.

1 Like

She obviously doesn’t want the dog

2 Likes

Send the money back each month or put the money aside, stop communicating with her. Just go about life

2 Likes

Is there paper work or messages or proof that you were asked to foster a dog for a few months? Which to you might be 3-4 but other could range from 1-12 months. Depending on there situation. Maybe she can’t visit cause she has no way there?. Who told you about the girl?. She sends money for food so she has proof there that it is her dog.you never told her you took the dog to vet so how can she care or offer payment?. I wouldn’t just assume you can keep the dog as there is a lot the owner can prove and hold against you. I would message her let her know you are growing attached to the dog and would like to take full responsibility for her. She will either say yes or no. Unfortunately that’s part of fostering.

15 Likes

I would just ask her if she wants you to just take over ownership. She’s probably too scared to ask you. If she says no, then tell her you’ve become so attached, and she’ll have to come get her dog.

5 Likes

If she asked you to foster and you are still getting money from her for the dog’s food, the dog is hers. However, given her lack interest in the dog could give you an edge to offer to take the dog off her hands.

2 Likes

Keep the dog. Sounds like she abandoned it to me.

1 Like

I think that doggo is yours :blush:

Honestly look up the laws retaining fostering and stuff like that and if you had the dog longer than what it says keep her. Also if she’s sending you money each month start sending it back. Also let her know you did take the dog to the vet and send her a screenshot or a picture of the vet bill through a text message. That way you can prove that hey meant to tell you about this a while back but it slipped my mind but now I’m telling you that you took the dog to the vet. Keep updating her about the animal and what not show proof that you are trying to keep her updated cuz if she doesn’t respond at all then you have a better chance of keeping the dog if she tries to take the dog from you.

3 Likes

Dogs are legally considered property and it sounds like she’s abandoned her property at your house way past the legally required wait time

5 Likes

Keep her :pleading_face: poor baby is lucky you guys helped her out her original owner isn’t cut out to have a dog by the sounds of things I’d say it’s in the dogs best interest just call local council and transfer her to your name

2 Likes

Uum, she doesn’t exactly sound like she cares and probably would like that.

Don’t give the dog back as it won’t be looked after by her.Your kindness to look after the dog and get it checked and then when it was on heat you got nappies you are obviously an animal lover.So please keep the dog so it doesn’t go into cake.Thankyou for looking after the dog.

Gee sounds like to me she cares more about herself pretty selfish to me if she’s getting nails done clothes etc…. I would tell her your keeping the dog it’s crap

The law in our state is after 30 days the animal becomes you’re property whether someone else supplies food because you do the daily care and the animal is in your household. We went through this in 2020. We supplied vet care as well as everything else. Girl showed up 6 months later and went to take her out of the yard. Animal control told us the dog is no longer hers because she “abandoned personal property for more than 30 days.” Looked at me and said “enjoy your pup”. You may need to look up the law in your state. I know every one is different. I personally wouldn’t give the dog back if you know the prior conditions.

legally if you have had it a 1/2 a year or more its yours

She has one wk to get her or your keeping her

Keep her
After 6 months the dog is considered your pet

Noo that would be wrong of you. That’s really sad I know you got attached but you shouldn’t have agreed to do that knowing it could happen. Maybe ask her about it but prepare for the fact she probably will eventually take the dog back. :sleepy:
Doesn’t hurt to ask…

Seems she doesn’t care I would keep it

I’d send her a message that you don’t need money for food or anything anymore and let her know that you intend on keeping the dog since she’s been with you over 6 months now and you’ve had to pay for vet bills and things. See if she responds and what she says.

1 Like

Send her a letter with charges for keeping her and that she will not get the Dog unless she pays or you will keep the Dog as payment.

Keep the dog. She doesn’t care, otherwise she’d be trying to get the dog back instead of doing all the stuff she’s doing on social media.