Ear infection remedies?

Ok I’ve got my first ear infection and I need rememdies for the pain. I tried Tylenol and it didn’t do anything and I’m only on day two of antibiotics.

6 Likes

Similison ear drops from any store that sales OTC products. It’s the only thing that helped my son when he got ear infections(which he did often). He would actually ask for them which is how we knew he needed antibiotics. They would take him from crying to comfortable in minutes

1 Like

I agree with Jeannie Clark. I had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago. Vicks vapor rub works

Hot wash cloth on your ear helps relieve the pain I had to do the hottest I could handle for it to help with me

Ibuprofen and Benadryl and warm compress

Advil and tylenol together

1 Like

Warm (not hot!!) garlic oil in your ear.

1 Like

Vicks vapo rub on a cotton ball stuffed in the outer ear canal does wonders.

2 Likes

Also they sell otc ear numbing drops.

Sit up. Don’t lay down. Warm compress on your ear.

Heating pad on low and put over your ear, also take a cotton ball and soak it in lavender essential oil and it rub it all over your ear and stick it in your ear canal the best you can. Also muellin garlic oil, 2-3 drops in the ear and lay on opposite side so it can drain down in will clear the infection. I will also put a warm wet rag over ear and then heating pad on top of that. Moist (:nauseated_face:) heat helps a ton. The lavender is immediate relief and ibuprofen to help with swelling.

Stick a clove of garlic in your ear. It draws out the infection. Sounds stupid but it works.

Whatever drops they gave you warm them up just a bit (not to hot) and that may soothe. Feel better.

Local honey, I use it in my tea for ear infections and bronchitis works wonders and I don’t have to take antibiotics

Couple drops of olive oil in the ear. Sounds weird. But works.

Heat up olive oil(just above room temp) and put a few drops in your ears

Advil works better then tylenol.