Easter basket ideas for a 7-year-old?

Any Easter basket ideas for a 7 year old who has way too many toys and things? I found this list but she just has so much stuff I feel like it’s not helpful

14 Likes

I’m making these. I just put stickers, candy, hair tinsel, 1 other small item, a stuffed bunny that zips into a strawberry or carrot, more candy and stickers lol. The older 2 want skateboards and my 7 year old wants a Stanley. Those won’t fit inside the bowls though lol

1 Like

I focus on out door thing and some spring outfits!

Rain boots or umbrella filled with summer stuff

I went to clairs and bought my daughter hair accessories and jewelry! I bought a little book bag purse also!

1 Like

I always get my kids sandals and swim suit and a towel so they are ready for summer

My parents used to make our Easter baskets with summer things. Like swim suit, beach towel, flip flops, sunglasses, beach toys. Etc

Coloring books, crayons, colored pencils, gift cards to go shopping. Things for a pajama party, or tickets for the zoo or something fun!

Teach true meaning of easter

4 Likes

My kids get mostly candy. But I like to get them things for out side like chalk or a bubble blower stuff like that. Earrings if they have their ears pierced. I’m getting each of my kids a new bathing suit and if there is a certain outfit or shoes you’re buying for the day put that in their basket too so they have a new outfit and get to wear it.

I got my younger kiddos a travel (with wheels) suitcase, as their basket and then all of the fun new summer stuff they need…beach towel, swimsuit, sunglasses, books, sandals, and then a few fun outdoor things to play with.

9 Likes

I always do a new bathing suit and sandals and or an outfit

Swimsuit, sandals, summer hat, chalk, bubbles, outdoor balls and games. Rubber boots, umbrella, rain coat, new bikes or roller blades. I’m trying to focus on things they will use for the upcoming season.

I have a 10 year old son but…
Stuff for outside, and specifically things for the lake and on the boat that he will enjoy, favorite candy, a gift card somewhere, some tank tops, and a book.

We are getting our kids new toys for outside play

Rain boots umbrella with a few candies

Mine is getting sandals, a swimsuit, sunglasses, a new outfit, chalk, a cup & maybe a sketch book and new colored pencils.

I have a 8 yo girl. I usually do a easter book, easter candies, new slides, bathing suit and sunnies. Sorta “happy spring” basket

2 Likes

Google bunny made out of beach towel. Put swimsuit n goggles etc

Mine asked for candy, 8 yo :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

We do a chocolate bunny and then chips, beef jerky, beef sticks their favorite snacks and then a bathing suit, beach towel 2 outfits and sandals

1 Like

We do new beach towel and swimsuits and flip flops

1 Like

Just do all the favorites like fav chips, snacks, drinks plastic eggs with a few dollars in it and boom done

We always do practical spring/summer things. Bathing suits, flip flops, bubbles, chalk, rain boots/rain coats if your area gets lots of rain in the spring, etc. maybe beach toys if you guys are around water often.

i bought pre made ones this year :woman_shrugging:t3: my daughter birthday is 2 days before and we’re moving the day after easter so the easier the better this year :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

Outside stuff new bathing suit and towel maybe some goggles or gardening tools

1 Like

Just get her a chocolate rabbit

I have been a bit cheeky this year and added some cleaning stuff :laughing: new out fit favourite sprays and chocolate

My daughter will be happy with anything Taylor Swift friendship bracelets

1 Like

Bunny piggy bank? Does your kid like dress up? A fun new costume might work. Or, does she have a watch? I usually opt for outdoor spring-type things like bubbles, chalk, a scooter, etc.

1 Like

Swimming suit, Google’s, side walk chalk. Things she will actually use during the summer. Gift card to the ice cream shop. Maybe instead of gifts so an activity like an amusement park

For my 7 yr old I do beach things so bathing suit crocs or slides bucket and accessories few summer outfits , book 1 chocolate bunny chalk and she’s getting a sand art set things do vary each year

NEW beach towel, swimsuit, bucket and shovel, gardening stuff to help, water bucket

1 Like

Outside toys. Bubbles. Jump rope. Coloring books crayons. Water bottles. A beach bucket and sand molds. My 8 yr old loves outdoor stuff so he’s getting more targets for his archery set and summer sandles.

I like to go for things that are useful/needed when possible like rainboots or an umbrella, outdoor toys (small stuff such as kite, skipping rope, chalk, bubbles, sand toys, water wings). Something to do together like an Easter craft or bunny themed puzzle/game could be nice.

Good luck! My daughter is 8 and I am figuring out what to do atm as well :slight_smile: Happy Easter!

3 Likes

I never put candy in my kids Easter basket cause they got plenty of candy at egg hunts and family. I put useful summer stuff: swimsuit , sorts set, sandals or flip flops depending on the child, then summer toys.

My son is 7 - i just got him a big choc bunny , some of his fav candies and a lanky box merch toy he wanted.

It’s Easter , not Christmas . U don’t have to go crazy

Me kids just get a basket with some snacks, some in plastic eggs, with a dollar tree balloon, kids easy to read Bible story book. Easter was never about toys our presents. Maybe plant some peace lilies in memory with her.

2 Likes

A children’s - age appropriate Bible or devotional book

1 Like

Our boys are getting new tablets. Its about the same as spending 40 bucks on stuff for the baskets.

gift cards, an outfit, sandals usually some of their favorite candy. nothing too major!

i skip baskets.

2 Likes

Art boards basket etc ( joblot)
Nail polish nail set

Just don’t. You’ll likely be buying things he/she is just going to toss aside or throw away. I stopped doing baskets with little gift things for this reason.

I did this for my 7 year old it’s simple but not overloaded in my opinion . She too has to many toys so only brought her one

Gift cards/certificates for adventures (mini golf, bowling, arcades, mani/pedi/hair care day, etc).

1 Like

A library card, educational things & candy. Art projects. Something for a hobby.
I had a rule when my youngest hit 5 & had too much stuff: I bought nothing after his bday in Sept. It became Christmas gifts. To get a toy, 2 had to go. :tipping_hand_woman: Christmas gifts were things my kids had asked for repeatedly. It ensured they actually wanted it. :rofl:
I kept that rule & it worked great for the other kids. It kept down the clutter & toys never touched after 5 minutes. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

When did we go from hiding some decorated hard boiled eggs and a few plastic eggs with jellybeans and egg-shaped chocolates to full blown holiday gifts? Seems like excess.

2 Likes

A bunny and a handful of eggs. Keep it small. Not everyone can afford it. It sucks for the less affluent kids when the Easter Bunny gives more to the wealthy kids. Plus it’s a pretty solemn occasion. The idea of kids getting a bunch of presents for Easter is a newish thing.

8 yr old girl mom here… candy, face masks, pjs, card games, a book

A basket with candies and a stuffy

I’ve done in the past things they need for the new summer, flip flops, bathing suit, sunglasses and water toy and then we do an egg hunt for candy and quarters!

Why not tickets for something you both enjoy like museum or movies? Or some small craft kits, Joannes & Michaels have great ones, if she likes drawing New sidewalk chalk