Every time my kids cousin comes over we get sick....thoughts?

Is it normal for everytime my kids cousin comes over we all get sick from him? This time it’s covid. I’m not very happy about this. My kids are 3 years old and 5 months old.

9 Likes

Lol wait till they go to daycare and school!!! Kids need to built an immune system

3 Likes

Wait til they go to school!! They will get sick a lot!

11 Likes

Its pretty normal and called building an immunity. When they reach kindergarten it will happen a lot. I hate when people don’t give me a heads up though. Obviously you shouldn’t bring sick kids to someones house.

11 Likes

Is this a joke? Wait until your child hits school age, my son had strep 3x this past school year. Buckle up and get ready momma, it doesn’t get easier.

10 Likes

Unless showing signs when coming over. Coughing, snotty, fever, vomiting when come over then that’s a bit different.

But as horrible as the feeling of kids being unwell, they will get about 2 years of constant colds etc building their immunity when either starting daycare, kindy or school etc

We go to a play cafe and the kids usually pick up something. Go to a playgroup they pick up things.

When they start daycare or school, prepare yourself while they build up their immunity until it gradually improves an there’s a bit of a gap but they get sick. It’s one of those things of being a kid.
School etc is only a 24hr window between getting better an returning to school

5 Likes

Best thing I did was put my daughter in daycare 2 days a week when she was 2… she never gets sick now

3 Likes

Its called building immunity. Wait til they start school :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Did they know they had covid? Did they seem sick? You can get covid anywhere, so who’s to say it came from them. Just because they came over doesn’t mean they gave it to you. Maybe you gave it to them? With covid, it’s hard to tell where you got it from. If they knew they had it and purposely came over, then yes be bad.

4 Likes

Don’t let him come over if he is sick

2 Likes

Does HE have covid?
Or are you just assuming he does?

4 Likes

This is totally normal, especially if your kids aren’t in daycare. My son started daycare at 11 months old and we (me, my husband, and child) were the sickest we have ever been this past year. We are guaranteed to have at least 2 colds a month with some other nasty viruses mixed in. He is going into his 2nd year of daycare now and I am praying this year is better!

It’s a given with having kids over to play :sweat_smile: and do you know he had COVID. Kinda hard to imagine his mother knew about COVID and sent him there anyway. Unless he also had a positive test before you I don’t think it’s fair to assume he gave it to you. He could’ve gotten it from you :woman_shrugging:t2: did you tell his parents so they can test him and themselves too or did you just assume he gave it to y’all

Kids carry everything whether they have symptoms or not.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty common especially if your young ones are not in school yet…
And then when they do start school… the first year is always the worst with cooties and viruses going around.

2 Likes

I’m actually homeschooling this year because my kids were sick so much last year. I have 8 so it was just constant illness for months. I have asthma and ended up really sick for 4 months with a cough… Is the cousin in daycare? He’s probably dragging that ick around if so

Kids share germs… it’s what they do. Normal

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to build up your children’s immune systems. Just wait until they get to Preschool…:laughing:

5 Likes

Yup…it’s normal and unfortunately there’s not much you can do besides try and prevent it in the first place…I’ve enjoyed my kids being off school for summer cause SHOCKER, we haven’t been sick. I’m dreading when he goes back cause I know it’s back to being sick ever…damn…week

Lol girl. Your kids are gonna be sick all of the time when they get in kindergarten. Just you wait! Kids spread germs like wild fire. So yeah it’s kinda normal. And you can’t just be mad or upset with that kid or the parents. Shit happens