Ex still wants to be friends, I'm still in love

Consider he may be gay

Donā€™t put yourself through that

Run my daughterā€™s dad did this it was a mistake every time until I had no choice but to let him go and think about myself.

He wants you and other people.

8 Likes

The sooner you kick his ass to the curb, friendship and all, the sooner your broken heart will mend. Out of sight, out of mind. Boot him.

Heā€™s a narcissist and doesnā€™t want to let you go so you can move on. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

8 Likes

He wants an open relationship

2 Likes

I think he just wants ā€˜benefitsā€™ and youā€™re heading for a heartache

6 Likes

If you got no kids togetherā€¦Please hold on to your shattered heart and run!!

He donā€™t care about the mess your heart and head are in and you need spaceā€¦
Hang with YOUR friends and do things youā€™ve been wanting to doā€¦

2 Likes

If he doesnā€™t want a relationship then tell him that you canā€™t be just friends with him. Tell him it hurts you more because youā€™re still in love with him. Tell him itā€™s all or nothing

4 Likes

Nope. He is trash and just using you. run. Fast

Thatā€™s because he doesnā€™t want anyone else to have you but still be able to do what the fuck her wants. Move on, girl. Be happy!

Its called co dependence ā€¦he doesnt want you but doesnt want you wanting anyone elseā€¦hes playing with your headā€¦up to you to keep this up or find someone who really wants you

9 Likes

Deeply caring for someone & being in love with someone are 2 very different things, he obviously would rather still have you in his life as a friend rather than out if eachothers lives, he still cares for you ā€¦ its better than someone you love walking out of your life for good

1 Like

If it hurts you, donā€™t do it.

2 Likes

Get your space from him so you can heal. Be friends later.

4 Likes

Nope. Move on. You are plan B, a back up ā€¦ a safe bet. You deserve better

9 Likes

Heā€™s just stringing you along

3 Likes

Sounds like he just wants you as a friend with benefits. My friends donā€™t kiss me on my lips

4 Likes

He just wants you as his bit of fun with no cominment he dont give a shit about your feelings block him and move on

Stop hanging out with him

2 Likes

Cut that shit off. He wants to know you still want him but that he can do what he wants.

Walk awayā€¦ allow yourself to move on and find someone who actually wants you!

You deserve better.

He wants to make sure youā€™re available to him whenever he is ready to use and abuse your feelings. Let him go he is using you

8 Likes

Cut All ties! Dont Keep Being available. It Fucks with ur Head Big time Especially when ur still in Love with the person.

My thoughts
Thats sounds like heā€™s seeing someone els
But still wants you

1 Like

Stop hanging out with him, block his number and cut all ties, heā€™s stringing you along so when heā€™s done having fun with other girls youā€™ll be right there. He either chooses you or loses you completely. Youā€™ll find someone who loves you and values you.

8 Likes

Block his fucking ass. Period. He is using you for physical intimacy and as a place marker and taking advantage of the fact that youā€™re still in love with him and also keeping you from grieving from the ending of your relationship

Donā€™t do it n donā€™t be friendsā€¦they are exes for a reason

He hasnā€™t found anyone yet ā€¦ when he does heā€™ll move on

4 Likes

Cut him off! He only wants to have all the benefits of being with you, without the commitment! Itā€™ll never work! You will only get hurt!

5 Likes

Heā€™s having his cake and eating it. Donā€™t put yourself out, you need to limit contact to heal because heā€™s going to hurt you otherwise xxx

4 Likes

Sorry to say this but your his back up plan! Wants to make sure he still has you to come back to when or if everything else fails!! Walk away!

5 Likes

sometimes letting go is for a good cause.

Control he doesnā€™t want you but doesnā€™t want anyone else to have you
Cut all ties and run sis

6 Likes

A Head Fuck At Itā€™s Finest! Donā€™t Do It To Yourself Cut That Off It Will Hurt But Will Be Better In The Long Run x

Nice little string heā€™s got you on

He doesnā€™t want you to move on. He doesnā€™t want you romantically but he doesnā€™t want you to be with anyone else so he sticks around so that you will still have feelings.

4 Likes

Youā€™re being played. Heā€™s letting you torture yourself.

Youā€™re torturing yourself by doing this. Stop.

stop making yourself available he wants it both ways - single life but a call on girl too

Distance yourself from him. You are bring used

I think he wants to keep you around as plan B, best of you close this chapter and put thoughts on self love and moving forward :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ditch him he doesnā€™t want to burn that bridge just in case the new chick doesnā€™t work out!

2 Likes

Donā€™t see him Block him on everything

It sounds like he doesnā€™t want you to move on with anyone.
You need to move on donā€™t let him control you

3 Likes

Yourl broke up for a reasonā€¦ Play safe and leave it there :sunflower:

So many dumb posts today.

3 Likes

Iā€™d cut him out. Donā€™t put yourself through that.

Iā€™m in the same boat still going like this on off 9 years, they want no commitment but donā€™t want to let us go either, very selfish x

Hes using you for his needs cause he knows you wonā€™t say no & you still love him, be friends yes but cut everything else out, your making yourself look easy.

2 Likes

He cares for youā€¦ but he doesnā€™t want to be with you. Take it for what it is. He is being nice. He wants to be your friend. Take it as thatā€¦ if you canā€™t be his friends because it making it hard for you to move on then cut those tiesā€¦ I donā€™t think he is trying to keep you on a string or trying to make it where you canā€™t move onā€¦ he wants you in his life just not in a relationship. Iā€™m friend with pretty much everyone I ever dated, not because I want to keep them on a sting but because I care about them.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say he is a bit of a control freak. Move on,and stay away from him. He is playing with your head! Do be used anymore!

You are his back burner,move on

2 Likes

Stop allowing this and cut him off. Youā€™re just convenient to him. He may still care about you, but heā€™s being toxic and youā€™re letting it happen. If heā€™s not in love, heā€™s just using you as his rebound.

Move on heā€™s playing games an your now his back plan

2 Likes

Set your boundaries and cut it off

Donā€™t see him for a bit.
If you wanna be friends in 3 months, reach out. If not, better left and get on with it xx

Donā€™t do it. Just think about the future when he starts dating someone else and you are still just the friend. You are setting yourself up for heartbreak. Go out and meet someone else. I think deep down you think itā€™s going to change but more then likely you will just stay the ā€œfriendā€ . Best wishes for you.

I think heā€™s doing this so you wonā€™t move on. Just my opinion

1 Like

I will give u the best advice u will get ! Play not intrested say NO donā€™t accept his calls, go eat, b his friend.STOP that! Men want what they canā€™t have.b unavailable, tell him u have a date even if u donā€™t, if u do this & start hanging out w the best looking guy u or he knows it kills them.let him know what HEā€™S losing! Ur worth itā€¦Make him want you!

3 Likes

Side piece he can run to for affection when someone else wont give it to him. Trust me. Hes fooling you. Leave him be.

1 Like

Date someone else then see how much he wants to be your friend. Things will change real fast

1 Like

move on cut ties .
hes just using you

2 Likes

Find someone that wants the same level of relationship that you do. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

he is wasting your time , move on

1 Like

Keep going as you are, He probably wants to as well.

Heā€™s using you until he finds someone new, once he does he will ghost you completely. Just let him go

6 Likes

Move on and begin healing. Heā€™s messing with you, for whatever reason.

3 Likes

Your basically his friend with benefits on his head just move on :woman_shrugging: ex are example of why we left.

1 Like

Heā€™s using you , no other thought. Itā€™s clear as day. He is letting go on his own time and still dipping his chipā€¦.

ā€œDate someone elseā€¦say thisā€¦do thatā€. It is like people treat love like it is a game. Just tell him exactly what you think and feel. You are either together or you are not. You are either friends with benefits or you are notā€¦it is all up to you both. Just communicate. If you want a relationship and he doesnā€™t, then move on girl. Life is too shortā€¦be with someone who knows they want to be with you and acts accordingly.

2 Likes

He just wants to be able to bang other people without cheatingā€¦ just my opinion sorry

3 Likes

Hes stringing you along.

1 Like

He may love you too, but right now it seems like he wants the perks without the commitment. Sometimes a little space gives a couple time to appreciate what you had or proves you really want to move on. As much as it may hurt you to cut ties, you will probably both be better off in the end. And who knows, he may come back to you and say he made a mistake. And you might decide he isnā€™t what you want anymore after some breathing room.

Seems like your convenience right now try seeing if he misses you as much as youā€™d miss him

Why did you guys break up?

People can still be friends after break ups. If the tables were turned what would you want? Time for some boundaries. If youā€™re not ready to see him like that be honest and take some time for yourself to move on.

1 Like

Leaveā€¦ girl I did this for 8 years on and off. It was torture and he was just keeping me around to not be alone. Donā€™t do that to yourself.

4 Likes

He just wants to keep you around,but doesnā€™t want to commit. You know this deep down,you just donā€™t want to accept it. You have to be willing to let go, because if it was meant to be, you would know. It will hurt,but it hurts you now,so u need to make the break.

6 Likes

You will never get over him if u keep seeing him out of sight out of mindā€¦ cant be just friends if your heart belongs to him even though you want to see him and feel like you are in cloud 9 when u are with him you are only hurting yourselfā€¦ please end this.

Itā€™s just going to make it harder on you to move on. Take a break from talking and hanging out for your own sake

I think when a man or woman tells u something like they donā€™t want a relationship or they jus wanna be friends u listen n thatā€™s how u treat them. Kissing them is not treating him Accordingly. He can not have a relationship n talk to whoever he wants n still get to love up on u. Y would he want to be with u??

2 Likes

Being friends with an ex right after breaking up is very very hard, especially if one of you still has feelings for the other like it is in your case. I can tell you as someone that has always remained friendly with exā€™s that the only way it works is if your romantic feelings towards one another are no longer there. My ex husband and I went to therapy, tried to make a conscious effort to make the relationship work, and found that we just simply grew apart and out of that relationship so we are able to remain friends. But thatā€™s only because there were no unresolved feelings left whatsoever. With you still being in love with him, and him saying he would only like to be friends, you are setting yourself up for hurt because when he moves on heā€™s going to say you were no longer together so you have no reason to be angry with him. I know you are hoping that keeping a friendship will make him see you should be together but that is most likely not going to happen because you are letting him have a no strings attached relationship with you right now. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this, I would try to have an honest conversation with him about how you really feel and tell him your willing to put In the effort to make it work. Other than that I would say to try and move on without him and once your over it to try at a friendship.

Cuz you let him do all that

5 Likes

Some Exā€™s can just be friends,some want a side chick for sex.
For a back up chick.
Only you can decide what you want,you know him no one else on here does.

Itā€™s manipulation. Heā€™s playing games with you and he will not care when you end up hurt.

7 Likes

He doesnā€™t really want you finding someone else. Kissing and hugging on you, keeps your feelings for him active. While he wants to remain "friends " so he can look for someone else. You decide if this is the life for you. I strongly believe you already know what to do. Leave him!

5 Likes

You are delaying the healing process by remaining friends especially as his still kissing you etc and you are entertaining it so his getting to have his cake and eat it im sure his well aware you all have feelings for him.

4 Likes

He is stringing you along knowing how you feel so he has you as back up. He is not worth your time, stop spending time with him, stop talking to him and move on.

7 Likes

Just like in football there is a ā€œfriend zoneā€ at each end of the field, put him in yours or heā€™s gonna keep scoring points at both ends, heā€™s playin ya

He wants to keep you around as an option and someone he can hook up with whenever while he also is ā€œallowedā€ to see other other people

3 Likes

He is just making sure you donā€™t move onā€¦
And thatā€™s not fair, Either be all in, Or all out!
Allowing your feelings to be played with is going to end up in more hurt and frustration.

3 Likes

If heā€™s kissing you and wanting sex, heā€™s using you.

If youā€™re still in love with him and he wants nothing to do with you other than friendship, heā€™s kind of a jerk for leading you on. Unfortunately for you to heal from this, youā€™re going to have to cut him off, because youā€™re going to constantly hope for more, and heā€™s going to eventually move on while youā€™re still in this emotional placeā€¦

Please leave. I have been there, itā€™s only going to hurt worse when one of yā€™all actually do move on. Heā€™s holding on to you right now because youā€™re willing to give him the time and affection heā€™s craving but without the stress of a relationship. It may be making him feel better but Iā€™m sure itā€™s only confusing you and hurting you worse.

He has the problem and he canā€™t decide what he wants the only way to help him is not to have anything to do with him so he figures out what he wants the way itā€™s going now is know ware let him go donā€™t answer phone

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with staying friends however donā€™t lead YOURSELF on
He has said he only wants friendship so you need to set boundaries