Favorite Christmas tradtions?

What are some of your familys chirsitmas tradtions? What do you do that your kids look forward to every year? I am now pregnant but want to start this year so my baby has something to look forward too

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Favorite Christmas tradtions?

The weekend after thanksgiving we put up Christmas decorations. Before December 1st St.Nick comes and fills stocking with candy, underwear, bath paint. And leaves two advent calendars per person: one sock one and one fun one (play doh, crayola, jewelry, there are lots of different ones). On Christmas Eve we have Pizza King pizza, taco dip, and Christmas wreaths (corn flakes, marshmallows, and green food coloring). We open presents, play the Saran Wrap ball game. This year we are going church on Christmas Eve (Santa will come while we are at church). Whatever you do, the most important thing is the time spent together with family. Congratulations on your little one!

Decorate the house and tree as a family on Thanksgiving weekend; the month of December is filled with the following in no particular order: Ice skating, drive around looking at Christmas lights, decorate Christmas cookies, decorate gingerbread houses (we do the pre-built ones from Costco) hot cocoa while we wander through the Christmas festivals, volunteer at a soup kitchen (helps teach my children that it’s important to give back to your community), it all centers around spending time together as a family.

I wouldn’t worry about putting a big effort into it this year. Your child wouldn’t have the slightest recalcitrant about it. But there’s nothing wrong with brain storming.

I do recommend keeping it easy/ simple for the first few years.

1 Like

Decorating the tree as a family; going look at the Christmas lights; baking Christmas cookies for family and friends

Getting the Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving.
Go to church on Christmas Eve honor Jesus… the point of Christmas
Christmas gingerbread house
Go see reindeer at a tree farm
Make ornaments

Christmas lights, elf on the shelf, Christmas movies

1 Like

Driving around looking at Christmas lights