Finger food ideas?

I need some finger food snack ideas that are soft and can be bite sized or even a tad smaller. One of my son’s nearly ripped his front tooth out and the dentist has said he can’t bite anything for two weeks in hopes that his tooth resettles and we won’t have to pull it. I have plenty of purees(mostly for the sitter) and he enjoys those as well as I just cut up his food small. But he of course wants to feed himself finger foods and is used to having snacks like cereal, veggie straws, veggies, ect. So I’m trying to think of relatively mess free soft small finger foods.

7 Likes

Quesadillas? My kids fav go to after school they microwave up 2 tortillas with cheese in the middle and cut it into strips. Grilled cheese cut into strips.

1 Like

There’s not gonna be anything mess free once they decide they want to feed themselves. Let him make a mess. It will be ok!! Soak the cereal in milk and make it soft then give him the bowl of the soft cereal with out milk. Get squeeze packs of yogurt and applesauce. I believe watermelon,strawberries, and kiwi fruit could be cut up small enough then very little chewing would be needed. You are gonna be quit limited as far as giving what he’s used to or what he may want but this to shall pass. I had to syringe feed my 1yr old for 2wks. Ofcourse I thought it would be the end of the world but not hardly. Humans adapt and overcome no matter what age. Good luck!

Mashed potatoes, tofu in some kind of sauce, soups, milkshakes, chopped spinach, creamed, better if cream sauce is made with bacon fat vs. oil or butter. Deviled ham out of cans, most kinds of eggs. Oatmeal or other hot cereal with applesauce & cinnamon. Liverwurst. Spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter. Flaky fish, refried beans. Cut bananas, soft pears or peaches, most kinds of canned fruit. Whipped cream, soft beans like chick peas. Pirate’s Booty or other puffed snacks you can suck on until soft and then swallow them.

Pub grub! Mozza sticks, boneless wings, onion rings, stuffed mushrooms, battered mushrooms, fries. All unhealthy, but such a nice treat!

Grilled cheese and just cut in to squares

Fruits like bananas, berries & oranges?

Noodles bananas rice ice cream yogurt puddling basically all food can be cut up very small if you want to try other food highly suggest a life vac !

Good time to learn to use chopsticks. :chopsticks: deliberate and clean.

Plain puffy cereal can be seasoned.