For those who had a c-section, did you have a VBAC the second time?

My first was C-section, 2nd was Vbac, 3rd was planned C-section…all kids healthy

I had a csection in 2013 with my son. And in 2018 had a vbac with our youngest. It was easier to recover. I was up and moving by the 1st day!

I had a c-section, followed by two successful hbacs (homebirth after cesarean) my best piece of advice is research, look into what kind of birth you want, look into evidence based birth, find a provider who believes in evidence based birth. And don’t let anyone bully you or bulldoze you into a choice/birth you don’t want.

My oldest had an emergency C section with her 1st and had a successful VBAC with her 2nd.

I did but i used midwives and birthed at my hospital with both.

I’ve had 3 c- sections all 2ish years apart. My first one I went through all the labor to end up delivering a 9lb 14oz 22in daughter. I was not built to deliver that big of a baby naturally. In fear my second would a big baby also I decided on a c-section against my drs wishes he wanted me to go v-bac. My son was 7lbs 14 oz an 20in. I’ probably could have delivered him but was glad to have it scheduled and not have to go through all the labor to end up with a c-section. Sense I had 2 c-sections I went with a third having a 8lb 10oz and 19 1/2 in daughter. Too each is own and I do not regret one bit not trying to deliver vet naturally.

No. I couldn’t bring myself to sign all the papers saying if me or my baby died it would be my fault for choosing a vbac since they aren’t all that safe. If they were there wouldn’t be a need for all the paperwork to protect the doctor. Your scar inside you could tear, there are so many things that could go wrong it was NOT worth the risk to me.

I had 2 c-sections and then VBAC for my 3rd. It wasn’t by choice exactly… my daughter was just way more impatient to join us LOL

C-section with first. 16 months later I had a scheduled C-section. When my My OB/GYN was an intern he saw a woman bleed out on a V back leaving four children and her husband. Take the C-section. Better odds.

First, vaginal. Second, c-section. Third, VBAC. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Recovery is so much easier and faster.

Yes, I’ve had 2. And I would do it again and again. For me personally, it was a much quicker recovery time than a c-section.

I had C first child and 2 Vback after that. I highly recommend trying the Vback just for the recovery!! Sooo much bwttwr

I had 1 csection and my 2nd and 3rd were VBAC and were successful

I had a c section with my first and now my second is due in a month and the dr wants me to have a vbac and I’m choosing to have a c section.

Yeah I had a emergency section with my 1st & my second one I had a vbac even though I was told by doctor I would have to have another c section. very different experiences

I did. I waited for a year before I even tried get pregnant again after the first baby because the c-section was traumatic. I did not get pregnant right away. My children about 2 1/2 years apart. I found a doctor that was confident in doing a Vbac. He said I was very well healed and there was no reason why I could not do it. So I think waiting and allowing your body to heal helps.

I have not had a vacation, but i have had 4 csections, and my advice is to attempt a trial of labor. Try not to be induced, bc that lowers vbac rates. My husband and I are thinking about a 5th child, and my dr flat out told me I would be high risk bc of my age, and thinning scar tissue in uterus.

My now 20 year old was cesarean and I have had 5 successful vbacs since so yes it’s possible. It all depends on your body, the reason behind C-section and the doctor. Most doctors I’ve noticed will attempt it if no complications in pregnancy and no serious reason as to why C-section before.

2 Likes

Yep. Had an emergency C section, and had an all natural drug-free VBAC 21 months later. Then another 7 years later. No issues.

I have had all mine cesarean. It really depends on the reason for it in the first place. My kids heads are too big. :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

My first child I had vaginally, My second child was my only c section baby and my 2 after were successful VBACS

My first was C-section 25 years ago today , she was 5lb 15ozs, have a successful vbacs 18 months later, she was 7lbs

I had a c section with my oldest and then had 3 more that were VBAC. No issues, I flat out refused to have another c section and had to sign a waiver every time

My 1st was emergency c-section. I opted for c-section on my 2and. I actually went into labor on the night before my planned c-section and they wanted to do vaginal but I said no because I knew what a c-section was luke and I wasn’t prepared for vaginal.

My niece did she progressed really slow with the second and was in labor for a very long time

I went straight for a c section with my second because after 13 hours of induced labor with my first I ended up having to do a c-section anyways. My babies have big ass head and I’m 5 feet tall with absolutely no hips they were not going to fit :joy:

I did. It was a lot easier and quicker to recover than from the c-section. Talk to your Dr of the wants and fears in delivery to your child. Make sure that you feel comfortable and heard.

I’ve had 2 vbacs. Just trust your body and say no to any interventions you aren’t comfortable with

I did. There was 12 years between my pregnancies, if that matters at all.

My oldest is 27, had Csection with him, my middle child is 20, had the Vbac with her, it was great, no issues at all, my youngest son is 11, had him Vbac also, had epidural and no issues.

I was told by the dr it was too risky to Mom and Baby … so I decided not to take any chances . The second c section was not as bad as the first because I knew what to expect. My first one was an emergency…very scary.

3 Likes

I had C section followed with 3 VBACs after, the one right after is only a year apart.

I’ve had 2 vbacs, one 4 years after and one 21 years after. Both were easy on me.

I was able to. With my first I was in labor for 71 hours which ended in an emergent c section. 4 years later I had my second vaginally with gentle induction. From the time my water broke to delivery was about 5.5 hours

Nope. My doc gave me the option. I researched and it was just not something I wanted to gamble on. Too dangerous. Do research and make the best decision for your family.

Had two c sections, vbac, then a breech vbac, then csection… unless that baby is feet down or but down. You should be good…

First born emergency c section , next 2 successful VBAC with quick labor and births and the final one another c section.

I’m pregnant now with my 2nd and have been approved to try a VBAC. Sucks I have to drive 2.5 hours away to do it, but im excited!!

I have had 2 and am currently pregnant with my 4th!

Why can’t you have an epidural after cscection if you choose vbac? I’m due in 4 months and that was my plan!!

My older 2 were vag my 3rd a C-section and my 4th will be a C-section as well since my 3rd and 4th are back to back.
My doc.dosnt recommend a VBAC unless there is a good amount of time between that and the C-section

I had an emergency cesarean with my 2nd and VBAC with my 3rd. No issues at all.

I had my 1st naturally, my 2nd was a csection due to baby being breached and my 3rd was VBAC

First c section was an emergency and the way they cut me on the inside prevented me from having VBAC

My cousin had a VBAC with he second and third baby.

My mom had 3 vbac the c section with me an the 5 was vbac granted that was 33 years ago

I had a c-section with twins and have had 4 VBACs no problems at all.
It depends on the how incision was made.

I had a cesarean with my first, because she was breech. Then I had 4 successful v-bacs. My doctor said there is no reason to make a woman go under a knife, unless it’s for life or death.

It depends on the reason for the c-section and also how you were cut during your c-section as to wether you are a candidate for it.

2 successful VBAC’s after an emergency c-section. My first son had the cord around his neck.

C-section 1st birth in (2004),
V-bac’s 2nd (2007), 3rd (2010) and 4th (2020) I was induced with my last one, still able to have a successful v-bac.

Yes i did! & less that 1 1/2 years in between

Had VBAC with 2nd and 3rd…no problems

i was all for a vbac but my baby was estimated 8-10lb…lol so i picked csection i also wanted tubes tied…lol she was 10lbs1oz :eyes::grimacing::woman_shrugging:t2:

I had a csection for my first and then 3 vbac’s

I had a csection with my 2nd child and a v-bac with my 3rd and everything went fine with delivery

4 kids…First and third were vaginal, second was emergency c-section fourth was planned c-section as malpractice insurance wouldn’t allow for a VBAC at that time…

My sis had 3 c sections. When time babies always turned around

What’s a VBAC? I had both of my children by c-section in the 70’s though

Yes for the second and third of my pregnancy

No I didnt because my second daughter I had a tear in my placenta from 13 to 30 weeks

I had an emergency c section and 3 successful natural vbacs

No :slightly_frowning_face: The doctor wouldn’t let me. Said any percentage of risk was too much of a risk…

I had a c section with my second child. I have had 2 successful backs since. Hopeing to make it a 3rd this time around too

First 2 natural , then c section then 2 more natural

I did. Not by choice whole labor was 12 minutes.

Absolutely not. Didn’t want to chance it.

Think it depends on the reason for the c section the first time.

At Guthrie ob they don’t allow vbac

Yep. Normal 1st child, c-section no. 2 & 3, Vbac no.4

No, I had two c-sections, did not want to try.

I couldn’t because my first wasn’t documented correctly so they didn’t know which way my uterus was cut so I was forced to have another csection

I had emergency c in 1985. VBACS 1989 and 1990 then another emergency c in 2009

Thanks for asking about this! Due in a week and planning a vbac for my 2nd. Glad to see so many successful vbacs. Wish me luck​:heart::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

My best friend did.
Look into the ican organization to help gain the knowledge to empower yourself!

I had 2 csection 1st born was emergency 2nd born was scheduled and now my 3rd will be scheduled.

I had a vbac and it was great personally live my choice to not do C-section

Me! Successful VBAC 4 years after a c-section. Best experience, too!!

I had a c-section with my 1st born followed by 3 successful VBACs

Yes 2014 emergency c section
2019 VBAC i had great midwives.

Yes I had my first 2 kids with a c section and my last 2 a V bac , no complications very successful :raised_hands:t5::hugs:

My sister only had a c-section (emergency) with her second child she had 2 vbacs after

I had 5 C Sections!!! Wish i could have experienced natural!!

I tried but was unable to so she ended up being a c section

I had 6 successful vbacs after my cesarean and i had a vag birth b4 the c sec

My first was a C-section. My second and third were vbac

Csection 1/31/13
VBAC 7/31/19
VBAC#2 expected any day

I have had 4 C-section and all was good just very big babies.

1 Like

Everyone is different and you won’t know until you’re there.

I had a c section and then two successful VBACs after.

My mother did but I couldn’t.

I know someone who did and she had twins

My sister in law had 2 c-dections and then a vbac

My first was a c section and 2, 3, 4, and 5 were vbacs and 6 c section

I was going to then changed my mind because of the risks

Yes and I’m 56 now so you should be good.

I had 2 csections and 2 vbacs

My mother had me by emergency csection, then exactly 18 months later had my brother naturally, no complications.

With my second child, we were going to go VBAC, but after yet another pregnancy (#3) I was informed I was one of the 3% of women whose bodies just do not go into labor :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

My first 2 were 18 months apart so it wasn’t an option. My 3rd was 10 years later but due too already having 2 via c-section and my pelvis being too small I had another c-section.

My doctor told me that baby has to be under a certain weight for a safe vbac. Also can’t be an induction cause the use of pitocin increases risk for uterine rupture. But that was my Dr. I’d ask yours what they are comfortable with. I ended up having to have a second csection bey my baby was to big