Getting pregnant 6 weeks after a c-section

Hi
I have a question for all the mamas.

I have a four month old born via c-section. I took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. I am roughly six weeks along and I’m terrified. Has any other mama’s went through this and had a healthy pregnancy with no complications? Like a uterine rupture? I’m so scared to be pregnant again because of my surgery, I’m worried about the risks and I haven’t told anyone not even the baby’s dad. I just need some reassurance that it will be okay or any advice on how to go about with this pregnancy. Like using a belly support or stuff like that. Help this scared mama out lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Can’t say I got pregnant that soon but I did get pregnant 3 months after I had my first and I had a healthy pregnancy.

2 Likes

Doctor told me after both my c sections that it takes up to 4-6 weeks to completely heal

1 Like

I got pregnant when my son was about 5 months old and had him csection I didn’t have any complication with the pregnancy

1 Like

My OB said a year would be okay I would just make an appointment with your OB and let them know what’s going on so they can monitor you I just had my baby 5 months ago via C-section so i get you’re scared

1 Like

My son and daughter are 13 months apart so I was about the same as you. Both perfectly healthy :heart: we call them our trouble twins

1 Like

Mine are 6 months apart between delivery and conception and im due in 3 weeks with zero complications. They’re not as close as yours but my dr said they prefer a year between surgeries which yours will be right about at, but I promise you’re not alone!! . Definitely get with your dr and calm your fears.

1 Like

My two boys are 10 1/2 months apart and both were sections and my second pregnancy went off without a hitch and everything was great!

Irish twins happen all the time (born less than a year apart). So while it isn’t recommended, Im sure you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I know a lot of women who got pregnant first time after c section. And all was ok. It does up your risks though and you definitely need to tell your Dr asap. Good luck momma!

One on the left was 3 months old when I found out I was pregnant with the one on the right. Everything went great! They are 1 year and 1 day apart.

3 Likes

All my kids are via c-sections and pretty close in age.

July.13.2016
October.9.2017
September.10.2018

Due December.2.2019.

All my babies are healthy, and I’ve never had any problems in my pregnancy, other then my freaking hyperemesis gravidarum :persevere:

My cousin was pregnant 5 months after c section…two beautiful kids all grown…one with kids of her own

My experience is sad I was 18 months postpartum when I found out about my second baby however the pregnancy was not viable however my oh said that trying to carry for my body at the stage of healing would have shattered my uterus, that was their medical advice was to terminate and let me body continue healing, I went to 10 weeks and there was no longer a heart beat so that was my experience. Speak to a medical professional and get a second opinion but try into consideration it is possible but it might kill you go get a ob opinion because we can tell you our stories about how they had to healthy babies but they don’t have the same medical history as you or me and it’s also depends how the ob cut your uterus open

1 Like

I was same i had emergency c section n my son 4 months old found out i was pregnant again i was terrified and she was early by another emergancy c section but all was fine x

I actually got pregnant when my son was 4 months old. He was a csection. Unfortunately I did rupture. We both turned out alright but 5 years later I had another and she ruptured too, the cleanup after rupture 2 was nearly impossible, I had multiple blood transfusion throughout both ruptures and nearly lost my uterus after the second. They recommended not getting pregnant again but due to the hospital they wouldn’t tie my tubes. 5 years later I’m pregnant with twins and being watched very closely… they’re not sure this is even a good idea but it happened so here we are.

Best of luck!

1 Like

My babies are 16mo apart. Both born via csections…both over 10pounds…and I had a miscarriage between them. You should be fine. Congrats. Its a blessing to have them close in age, but its hard. Good luck.

1 Like

My kids are 10.5 apart. I was totally fine. Of course i had to have another C-section. No complications at all. I was on birth control. Obviously it didn’t work. :rofl:

I have 10 months between my two eldest which has been amazing. They weren’t C-section. I think you and your partner should talk about what you want to do lovely and see what your doctor says xx

1 Like

I found out I was pregnant with my son when my daughter was about 6 months old (I was already 15 weeks with my son and had no clue) I didn’t have a csection tho-just preterm labor with my daughter which made me high risk for the second pregnancy.

My son was born emergency c section last November 6th and I was pregnant 6 weeks later :woman_shrugging: I’m now 8 months along and due October 7th but my doc scheduled a 39 week c section for October 1st. She has no concerns as long as I’m feeling okay. My advice is STRETCH A LOT!!! This pregnancy is way easier than my last but my hip and back pain is so much worse this time around. Stretch as much as you can, walk, take baby to the pool with you. Being in the water is a huge relief!! I do however have slight pressure sometimes on my incision now that I’m big and my belly is dropping lower but it’s nothing my doc is worried about. Good luck mama, don’t stress :hugs: you’ll do great.

1 Like

I got pregnant 3 months after having twins via c section, normal pregnancy no complications.

2 Likes

Got pregnant 2 months after a c section ! I was high risk, with chance of uterine rupture. However, your placenta doesnt have time to heal properly which they explained to me. My son was born at 31w+6d gestation because my placenta pulled away from my uterus wall… My 2 babies are 10 months and 2 days apart. Both are healthy now tho.

Mine are 17 1/2 months apart. Both C-section babies. 0 complications with my 2nd pregnancy. I had a big healthy boy the 2nd time.

1 Like

Should be ok, u may have to take it easy and expect alot more pain during the pregnancy since your body is nowhere near healed

You will more than likely have a rupture. I had a csection 2years ago and still have a 50/50 chance of it rupturing or not. You’ll be watch very closely and might even have to do another c section birth…my dr has told me we’re doing a “trial of labor” but will most likely end in c section :confounded: not everyone’s the same, so you could have better chances than me or not but it’s best to go see a dr and ask these kind of questions :blush::blush::blush:

My 2 oldest girls are 10 months apart. You will be fine

1 Like

Makes my heart happy knowing I’m not the only one who went through back to back pregnancies for children #2 & 3. I remember the fear and disbelief I went through (especially since I had a 2 year old as well).
But I wouldn’t change it for the world. I love having my 3 oldest so close in age.

God Bless you all and your littles :hugs:

Same thing happened to me. My oldest was born October 2009. I had a FLAWLESS pregnancy with him. No mood swings, no cravings, no weight gain except for baby, no morning sickness, NOTHING! My other Son is 13 months younger so our oldest was about 4 months when I got pregnant again. I had the IUD after I had our first but the Dr removed it because I was constantly bleeding still. After that I decided to just have our 2nd and be done. I mean why would I want to start ALL over again once I had one sleeping through the night, it throwing food etc so we went for it. That pregnancy was the exact same as my first. They are 13 months apart. Sometimes it is a good thing but sometimes it isn’t good that they are so close in age but we manage. Our oldest has ADHD and ODD and our youngest has DMDD and ODD so they BOTH have behavioral issues which makes it harder. Both of mine were C-Sections

My oldest 2 are 15 months apart both c-sections. Every woman has different experiences with back to back c-sections and pregnancy. Good luck momma!

Oh wow! I couldn’t think about sex after my children were born for at least 4 months :sweat: This is crazy to me!!

My sister and i are only 11 months apart. Both born by c section. Our mom had pre eclampsia with my sister so i was planned for c section.

You may need another c section beeing they are so close it would be safer

Friend had two c sections 11 1/2 mo apart. Did fine but doc said don’t do it again!!