Gluten free dinner ideas?

Can anyone give me some dinner ideas I have 7 children one is gluten-free so I feed him differently, but the problem I’m having is finding meals that everybody wants to eat I feel like I cook the same thing every week because I know all six of them will eat it. Please send some options

4 Likes

If you use the Target app. You can type in gluten free. Tons of food pops up. That’s where I found a ton of things go for my son.

Easy, large meals. Let each child have a favorite main dish then pick sides to match others can fill up on .
Have you tried spaghetti squash or spiraling vegetables for your child with special eating.

The easiest way to feed everyone would be to eat things that are naturally gluten free. Meats, vegetables, fruits.

2 Likes

Gluten free fried chicken (substitute gf flour)
Barilla makes decent gluten free pasta so I use that for a lot of recipes including Mac and cheese
Charcuterie board without bread or with GF crackers
There are a lot more gf options at the store than there were just a few years ago

1 Like

Fried sliced apples and onions over pork chops.

Desserts: whip egg whites, fold in applesauce, layer with dark chocolate chips in parfait glasses. Top with whipped cream or substitute.

Chocolate mousse works too.

Puddings & gelatin.

Make a pie crust out of blendered or food processed walnuts, press into pie pan as the crust, fill and bake as you like. I’ve even found ready-made nut crusts at ALDI, which has a whole “G Free” section.

Use romaine or other large lettuce leaves to make wrap sandwiches instead of flour wraps.

Most grocery stores give tours for gluten-free or diabetic cooking. Most restaurants flag gluten free options so even if you can’t afford to eat out, check out the menus.

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP

• 1 onion
  • Garlic 2-4 minced. cloves
  • Butternut squash
  • 1/2 pack baby carrots
  • Curry powder ~ 1 Tbsp
  • Little cinnamon
  • Salt & pepper to taste
    *Cayenne or other heat (optional)
  • Coconut milk (2 cans)
  • About 1-2 c shredded coconut
  • Veg or chicken broth 2 cups
    DIRECTIONS
    Nuke or bake squash until soft
    Boil carrots & coconut in broth until soft
    Sauté onions
    Add all ingredients together & purée
    Garnish w toasted, spiced squash seeds & coconut

Feed them small amounts till it doesn’t effect them any more . Then you won’t have to anymore.

Shredded carrot & raisin salad with mayo.

Mexican corn (check ingredients on the can if you don’t make it yourself).

Thicken sauces and gravies with cornstarch instead of flour.

Hummus or baba ghanouj and carrot & celery sticks to dip.

Check out Indian food recipes and those 90-second pouches of Indian food at the grocery store. I like Palak’s brand over Tasty Bite if you have a choice.

Cauliflower crust pizza. I think even Pizza Hut has that option now.

Use spaghetti squash instead of regular spaghetti.

Loaded baked potatoes: top with broccoli, cheese, bacon, chili—whatever the kids like.

Crustless quiche: cream, eggs, onions & cheese, then add whatever you like: ham, bacon, broccoli, spinach, artichoke hearts, shrimp, crab, etc. Great for using up leftover bits of meats, veggies and cheeses.

Fajitas without the tortillas.

Quinoa: as a side dish by itself, with gravy, or “cooked” in chicken broth, OR as a salad with grape halves, dill, celery, & raspberry vinegar combined and topped with cashews (or with whatever salad ingredients you like including cold steak or chicken) OR as a casserole base instead of rice or noodles. It’s the only grain that’s a complete protein. Heat the right amount of water to a boil, take off heat, put in quinoa, cover & wait a few minutes and it’s done!

Pot roast in the crockpot. Beef, a pack of baby carrots, mushrooms, green beans, quartered big or pearl onions & cut up big or baby potatoes. My magic ingredient is dried apricots on top—gives it all a nice flavor. Use any pan juices with GF gravy mix.

Cold gazpacho or fruit soups made with yoghurt.

Hot broccoli, cheese & potato soup. Cook in milk with onions & maybe chicken bouillon until veggies are soft & put in food processor. Great for using broccoli stems, but slice them up first.

Keto and Paleo cookbooks/recipes might work for you too.

http://www.imglutenfree.com/gluten-free-tacos/

Pork chops with veggies and mashed potatoes.
Tacos
Stuffed peppers
Unstuffed cabbage rolls
Hamburger steak with fries n corn
Tater tot casserole
Chicken enchilada casserole
Chili
Any soup
Ham, pickles and raspberries.
Corn cakes (pancake style, made with gf flour and corn meal)
1 banana, 2eggs smashed together, cook like a pancake.
Ham n green beans
Cascadian farms and three wishes makes good cereal.
Homemade granola.
Oatmeal
Yogurt
If you make rice pasta, you have to rinse it with cold water when it’s done cooking. It tastes SO much better.
Like there’s hardly anything I can’t make gf. Is there something that’s stumping you? Maybe I can help

Here my menu this week. We have 2 in our house gluten free so it’s all gluten free.

I feed 10 people most of the time 1 of them have dairy ,soya and lactose allergies I just use his stuff and noone else seems to notice the difference xx makes life a bit easier x

Dried polenta makes a good replacement for breadcrumbs in fried chicken and other dishes and everyone in our family prefers it. . Coat with egg first. Bolognaise and pasta is easy, gluten free pasta is good.

Feed them all the same.
Gluten is not really good for any of us.
Lots of fruits, veggies and meats will allow for lots of good eating :wink:

The gf kraft Mac and cheese tastes just like the non gf ones. My partner has celiac so I’ve had both and was honestly worried the first time we tried it, I thought we got the boxes mixed up and had to double check lol honestly just find any recipe and trade any ingredient that has gluten in it to a gf one (gf flour, gf soy sauce, etc). I make my partner fried chicken and gumbo and such every so often, just trade out the flour with gf flour (best brands we’ve found are king author and Pillsbury) I personally think that when it comes to pasta, penne is the easiest one to use that’ll taste close to non gf pasta. Kielbasa is another good and easy option, sometimes I’ll make it with cabbage and red wine vinegar, sometimes I’ll just fry it up and put it on white rice. Even something like dorito casserole can be gf, just get off brand gf doritos (the Kroger brand are gf if you have a Kroger).
Dorito casserole:
1-2 bags of doritos, crushed.
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (use a hand mixer to shred, it’s fast)
1 can cream of chicken (gf version)
1 can rotel

Mix the cans together. In a dish, mix up the doritos and chicken. Pour the soup mixture in and mix up, do about 1/3 of the mixture at a time cause you don’t want it soggy. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I serve it with rice, make white rice (do 2-4 cups). Once cooked, add about 1/4 to 1/2 stick of butter depending on how much rice you made. Add some cheese (cheddar is my go to) like half a bag. Add about 1/3 to 1/2 jar picante sauce and mix. Add more of the salsa as needed until everything is mixed but not mushy. It’s really good with the casserole.