Good beginner foods to start baby on?

What are some good foods to start for beginning solid foods? My son (7 months, 8 months on the 17th) seems to be having a texture issue, hating things like bananas, oatmeal, applesauce without formula mixed in…I don’t want to push him too hard but I don’t want to have him grow up picky. He didn’t like eggs in an omelet form but tolerated it scrambled and loves mozzarella string cheese. He’s also teething pretty bad right now, so I don’t know if that plays a part either.

4 Likes

I give the same food again if there not kean the 1st time …I started with eggs only thing she doesn’t really like but i keep given a bit too try…avavaco on toast… sweet potatoe pancakes …banana with bit skin on so can hold themselves…banana pancakes

He will probably dislike most things the first few times he tries it. Keep offering what you eat everyday and eventually he will get the hang of it. Do some research on baby led weaning. It’s very helpful for introducing new foods

Definitely look into baby led weaning. When mine were 6+ months they ate pieces of everything we ate except spicy foods.

Halve grapes and freeze them for his sore teeth. Cube tofu & soak in whatever he likes. That & chick peas are easy for little fingers to pick up & are easily mushed with the gums. Just put stuff in front of him & let him try it all.

Waffles or toast in the toaster. Butter then microwave for like 5-10 seconds. The microwave softens it.

Can take 12-15 times of exposure before a child will try a food. So even if they don’t seem to like it. Adding it can help. And typically if adding formula makes them eat it might not be texture it is just needing to get used to not having that flavor. But at his age we just fed them what we ate. Size appropriate of course.

Mine hated smooth stuff so we went straight to lumpy textures. By eight months they were eating jars of pasta in sauce for that age and pretty much regular food.

Steam some zucchini mash it put it through a strainer. He might like that.
Also for teething I had a wash cloth with a knot in it that I wet and froze just the knot part…chomp chomp. Tylenol or advil if its bad.

Whatever we ate is what my daughter ate starting at 6+ months. Cutting in bigger sizes actually helps with choking. Download the solid starts app to learn how to cut things by age.

My grandsons favorite was sweet potatoes. Cook them, blend them till creamy and feed or freeze.

By 8 months my daughter ate everything I did unless it was spicy. And drank from a cup.

My lil girl hates tomato and mango she’s 7 month old and peas hunni we have just being given her like custards and fruit and beef and veg chicken and veg

Always do veggies first. Water them down with a small amount of water just to make them a little bit thinner.