Has anyone 4 year old just not listen to anything?

We started potty training and she has just became a wild toddler won't listen won't sleep won't eat just keeps screaming i have 2 other kids they were never this bad today she attempted to run into the road walking back from school I had to chase her with her older sister and a other mom just to catch her ( I am getting her a harness backpack on payday) I'm tried no one helps they say as a mom you need to take care of your kids first when I need a break it been a week of this she isn't my only child im stressed I love her but idk why she acting this way she has bit me hit me screamed at me and I'm just tried she is on the spectrum with her other sister and Idk what to do any advice I am talking to her special Ed teacher tmroow
2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone 4 year old just not listen to anything? - Mamas Uncut

Is she in OT therapy? This helped my boy out a lot.

Start busting her butt teach her right from wrong before it’s to late

You have to figure out why she is acting like this. To many people focus on trying to stop a kid from acting a certain way than trying to figure out why they’re acting that way. Is she having a hard time in school? Is it to overwhelming for her? Is the therapy you have her in actually working for her? Does she have sensory needs that aren’t being met?

1 Like

You have to figure out the trigger. Something is triggering this. When my son, who is also autistic, has a sudden change in patterns/moods/behaviors there is usually something going on. Is she verbal? If so, is she in therapy? Not just OT but actual therapy? I ask because having a talk therapist has helped my son so much. Sure it took months before he would actually speak to her but now that he does, he looks forward to their time together and she is one of my life lines now.

2 Likes

Perhaps she is not ready for potty training. It mY be too much change for her at the moment.

1 Like