Has anyone considered divorce because their partner wasn't making any effort?

Has anyone ever considered separation or divorce because your partner is just not putting in the effort you feel you do and you feel unappreciated? I love him, but I’m also unhappy. We’ve talked about it many times but nothing changes…

14 Likes

Yep. You both have to be willing to put in effort or it’s just a waste of time. You shouldn’t have to have the same conversation over and over again…

1 Like

Yep and I went through with it

1 Like

I did x2. It gets tiring doing everything yourself

2 Likes

Yup I’m in the same boat. I’m exhausted and drained and nothing changes :person_shrugging::weary:

5 Likes

Has he always been this way ? Or has something changed ? If he has always been this way you can’t expect him to just change just like you wouldn’t just change for him. Maybe go to couples counseling and see if you can make a compromise

2 Likes

Yep, life’s to short to be miserable and alone. You’re basically babysitting your husband. Here should go home to his Momma!!

People won’t change if they don’t want to period

4 Likes

Did you try consuling? Sometimes it does work.

2 Likes

That’s the only reason relationships fail.
Because one person isn’t putting in the effort.

5 Likes

Yes :raised_hands:t4: it’s a thing and takes a heavy toll on one’s mental health.
If you’re in a position to cut ties, I would suggest doing so and not wasting these precious years of life you have left.

1 Like

As long as you know you put the effort into him the way you want him to do for you to try and balance us out. If he still didn’t try and your still unhappy leave. Thats what I would do.