Has anyone dealt with their tax return being delayed?

Has anyone dealt with their federal tax refund being delayed? I was notified 4 days ago that mine is delayed and idk why. I’ve already received my state refund so I know I didn’t enter any incorrect information. It’s driving me crazy lol that’s what I use to pay my car insurance every year

3 Likes

Mine is delayed and now I have to wait on a letter in the mail too!

1 Like

Ours did that right before we were audited

My daughter filed hers a month ago and still haven’t gotten hers and they told her two weeks.

If you claimed kids, that’s why it’s delayed. Mine was delayed until today and I’m supposed to see it on the 28th.

Mine did that before a “random audit”

Usually means you’re being audit… nothing u can do about it!

Heard alot of ppl bring audity for identity

Check your transcript and then look up any codes that may be on there.

Call a tax advocacy center and they will get your return for you. I had to one year, they were telling me that I wouldn’t get mine until maybe June I called those people and I had it within 10 days

1 Like

Last year’s tax return we just got in December. They gave us the run-around of “needing to verify everything”.

It usually means you owe money to somewhere… unemployment taxes child support. Things like that. They will take what you owe then process the rest.

Mines delayed cus i need to verify my identity with a letter theyre mailing me. Call and ask for sure.

It could mean multiple things… outside of normal processing so they send a letter just to buy time or keep you from calling… audit… identity verification… it could be as simple as the first thing I mention. Create an ID Me account on IRS site and check your 2023 account transcript