Has anyone delivered their baby at 34 weeks?

Have any of you mom’s delivered at 34 weeks. Can you tell me a little bit about it? I’m a little bit worried. I have to deliver at 34 weeks. And I just wanna know the pros and cons. Do you get to see the baby when he’s born or do they take him right from you?

1 Like

I had my 1st at 30 wks and that was touch and go and a long stay in the nicu…my 2nd was 34wks and she only stayed for 10 days and both are just fine. 13 and 11 now strong and healthy :muscle:

Yes. He was in the hospital for Lil over a month. It was heart breaking for me. But I was able to stay there till he got out and was home.

I’ve had two 33 week babies and they allowed 5 min skin to skin while monitoring the baby and then took baby to the NICU but I was allowed to go to the NICU anytime.

I delivered at 32 weeks, my daughter was 3lbs. She was in the NICU 3 weeks.

I delieved my son at 34 weeks. He was perfectly fine except weighing at 4lbs. He was in NICU for 2 weeks.

I was 32 weeks and an emergency c section tho. I got to see him 3 days later at the nicu

I had mine at 34 weeks they took him straight away and spent 9 days in nicu.

I was 34 and lik3 days I think I was induced because of my blood disorder both my boys did fine neither needed nicu both had jaundice but find in my family it went away they took them both from me but I believe they do thst eith sll behind to manure they’re ok they brought em right back when they were washed up n blood was taken and all that my husband followed them lol I told him to

My son was born at 32 weeks. I saw him for a brief second before he was rushed away to the nicu.
He did 3 weeks in the nicu.
I couldn’t see him till he was 12 hours old because of bleeding.
There are no pros of having a preemie.
There can be lifelong complications.

1 Like

I had my son at 34 weeks emergency c section. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see him when he was born bc he wasn’t breathing. My husband was able to leave the OR & go with him to the NICU while they worked to save him. My husband didn’t want to leave me because I was in a bad spot but he knew my wish was for our son to never be alone. He was in the NICU for 7 days & as soon as I was physically able they let me down to see him but my husband was able to stay from the beginning. Our son left the NICU perfectly healthy & just turned 10. Hope that helps best of luck to you & your baby. :heart:

32 weeker - 5 weeks in nicu (needed to gain weight )
34 weeker - came home next day no issues
37 weeks- 5 days in due to breathing weird and jaundice

All were completely different, all 3 were C-section first I was completely knocked out and second 2 I was awake but 1 was emergency and other not

Now 13,6 &1 :slight_smile: x

Pros and cons ?

Pros ?? To delivering a premie ? On purpose ?

Please say this is satire ?

My sister was born at 34 weeks cuz my mom’s water broke. Kept her in as long as possible. She was 4 lbs. tiny. And had to stay in the hospital for an extra 2 weeks.

1 Like

I had my son at 33 weeks , he was 6lbs 7 oz , he needed oxygen for 46 minutes but that was all in nicu for 2 weeks to learn to eat , suck swallow breath, he’s now 5 !

36 with my first 34 with my second. 1st had to stay 4 days at the hospital weighing 5 pounds. 2nd had to stay 13 days weighing on 3 pounds. Luckily the car seat she had was 4 lbs and up so once she hit 4 pounds she got to come home. I couldn’t imagine how long she would have stayed if we had to wait until she hit 5 pounds. She had zero issues either other than being small. Doctors and nurses couldn’t believe it. She was breathing on her own and everything. Only thing we had to work with her on was sucking in order to take a bottle. She had slight jaundice but other than that was completely healthy and strong. No nicu stay for her thank god.

I delivered at 35 weeks but at that point one week makes a big difference and I do know from the experience and from what I was told that every baby is different and it’s all going to depend on if the lungs are developed yet, and my case his lungs were developed and it was an emergency situation and he had to be delivered because I was in danger of dying because of preeclampsia. My son did very well and had no issues whatsoever, the cartilage in his ears was underdeveloped so his ears were folded down for a while and he did not need a NICU stay, but like I said one week can make a big difference and ultimately this is a question for your doctor

Daughter had her first baby girl 6.3 at 35 wks . Nicu nurses checked her over while in room but let mom have her first .discharged two days later little jaundice but weight 5.9 . 6 days later weighs 5.8