Has anyone else had these issues with Mirena?

I have had the Mirena IUD for the last four years, and it has been GREAT for me. I’ve never had problems with it UNTIL NOW lately; I feel like something is always pricking me “down there” when I walk, when I sit, and especially during sex. Should I make a doctor’s appointment, or is this normal?? I’m only asking this because I’ve had this birth control for so long and never had this problem

3 Likes

I would contact my doctor, sounds like it has shifted or moved

1 Like

Sounds like it’s moved I’d definitely get it checked because that’s a pregnancy risk

I had the same problems, plus massive hormonal issues and when I went to three doctor, found out that it had fallen out of place.

Go get checked :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: always the best solution x

1 Like

Sounds like it shifted. Book an appt sooner than later.

1 Like

Deff get it checked ASAP because that happened to me and I got pregnant lol I went for a visit and my gyn was able to just grab it because it came out of place. I don’t want to scare you or anything but deff schedule and appt🤗

1 Like

Make a doctor’s appointment, you can never be too safe.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be able to feel it, make an appointment

Mine did that and it moved out of place. Call your DR

Definitely make an appointment. Sounds like it came loose

1 Like

Get it checked!!! I can’t stress this enough! I “lost” my Mirena and I’m going to now have a baby right as I turn 40! Talk about a surprise!

5 Likes

I’d see your doctor immediately.

I had mine taken out after I started to get uncomfortable during sex.

As everyone said call your dr, it more than likely moved. That not only can affect how and I’d it works, but it can potentially cause damage also!

That happened to me and it had perforated my uterine wall :frowning: had to have outpatient surgery to remove it.

1 Like

Must have shifted. Ouch. Make an appointment asap.

I’ve gotta have a hysteroscope done to have mine removed because the dr that placed it clipped the strings too short which resulted in it migrating up into the uterus. After an ultrasound and several uncomfortable non-surgical attempts to remove it I have to be referred for surgery. Never getting another IUD. Hope that’s not the case for you but I’d highly recommend having it check out because it can rupture through the uterus and into the abdominal cavity which would then require a laparoscopic surgery.

Go yo drs what u waitn for???

Call your doctor NOW. I used to work for an OBGYN and have seen all the horrors. IUDs are terrible.

I had the mirena IUD from February after having my son to July this year and I had the worst experience with it. I had really sharp pains in my stomach and in my area and really bad pain with sex. I couldn’t sit,stand or walk with out crying went to doctors they said there was nothing wrong with it and asked if I wanted it out or to keep it in. I told them I want it out right then because I felt like I was dying and my doctor told me if I had any pain to get it checked and get it out as soon as possible. Since it can cause infertility or problems with other pregnancies and or death if really not delt with in properly. I am now choosing not to use birth control because I’ve had a bad experience with every birth control I’ve had.

Just get ur tubes tied. Pron solved

1 Like

My doctor had to trim the threads to make them shorter because I too could feel it.

I had a huge issue with the mirena. I always felt it if I sat down too fast and my husband said he could feel the strings poking him during sex. It also contributed to me getting infections and I’ve never had a problem before or after getting it out. For me, it was a no-go.

Happened to me, ended up falling out unexpectedly saw it in the toilet and made an appointment and the damage was already done and was already 7 weeks pregnant with my first🙃

Honey, someone placed it wrong
I got pregnant off the Mirena. And even during it, there was pain. Especially during sex, I tried pulling it out myself, however that was just as painful. Finally when I found out I was prego, my doc said I had to abort the baby, then come to her to get the Mirena out. I was devastated. I hated her so much for not putting it in right and the crap I went through

1 Like

Sounds shifted and with the rate of migration I’d get it checked before it punctures something and you end up needing a hysterectomy

It shifted. Get an appointment with your doctor. Mine shifted and caused me to bleed for 3 weeks straight. I was in so much pain. It wasn’t funny. I got mine removed and I’m on the pill now. So much better for me.