Has anyone elses child been diagnosed with periodic fever syndrome?

My 7 year old son was just diagnosed with periodic fever syndrome. Has anyone every dealt with this or have any information? He’s been battling this issues since he was a baby. 104/105 fever, with no symptoms. Finally a children’s hospital in Orlando gave us answers.

1 Like

Yes my Son too… I never knew anyone else had this issue… I just thought because he got a high fever when he was a baby and in the hospital that he’s prone to high fevers… Thank you for sharing!!!

1 Like

Yes however, when I was little it was called Fever or a unknown origin. I missed a lot of school. Teacher’s acted like I had cancer. Grew out of it around age 13.

1 Like

My daughter was diagnosed at 2 ( she is 4 1/2 now) she started having flares before her first birthday. We started using prednisone to manage her flares when she was two. It has helped her immensely. Over the last year and a half, we’ve had the flares spread out to every 6 months, we’re hoping that maybe she’s growing out of it. A lot of rheumatologists recommend removing tonsils/adenoids. There are a lot of support pages on Facebook, but I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have :blush:

1 Like

I never heard of it and it is good that you finally got an answer

1 Like

Apch is freaking awesome!

My son grew out of it by aged 12

1 Like

Both of my nephews had periodic fever syndrome and had their tonsils removed around age 2 and have not had issues since.

1 Like

My son was on his eay to being diagnosed. Ended up being that his body never accepted the pneumococcal vaccines so he was never protected… It mimicked periodic fever syndrom. Swollen joints, fever every 23 days up to 105, high allergy counts, tonsils removed.

He got his pneumovax23 booster shot in Jan2018 and we just made a year fever free! My relief is unreal after 3 year of that I wouldn’t with pf on anyone.

Good luck momma!

We have support groups on facebook!

1 Like

My nephew had this from the time he was a newborn. Finally at age of 4 or 5, my sister got a second opinion and the new doctor suggested removing his adenoids and tonsils. And boom…like magic, he’s been perfect ever since.

My youngest as well but like others he had his tonsils and adnoids out and doing well