Has anyone ever been diagnosed with posterier placenta?

I went to the Er today for light bleeding and major cramping. I’m 15 weeks pregnant, and they diagnosed me with “Posterior Placenta” I have a little info on it, but looking for more… & also the outcome of things, I’m trying not to worry, but I don’t know how to think!

13 Likes

You shod Google it you will find out more

2 Likes

I had it. Nothing negative happened🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

Nevermind. I fail. Ignore below.

Yes. It just means your uterus is towards the front. Usually it only means you cant feel kicks as much because it’s like an extra cushion. I had it.

1 Like

I have it. Posterior just means it’s at the back vs anterior which means it’s in the front. It wont affect anything.

I had it…just didn’t feel any kicking

I googled it for you and it says “Posterior placentas are most common and considered “least likely to cause complications,” if that makes you feel any better. Stay positive :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Prosetior placenta just means it’s attached at the back of your uterus, it’s completely normal and doesn’t cause any problems

Posterior placenta is normal! My placenta was posterior and I was told that was normal!

Best thing ever! Very minimal back labour!

1 Like

Trust me, out of anterior or posterior… you want a posterior placenta. You’re less likely to have issues/complications and labor is not going to be as painful.

Yes I had it. I had hemorrhage at 8 weeks. So I had to do weekly ultrasounds until I hit 20 weeks. My baby was delivered full term.

You want a posterior placenta. That’s the best place and considered normal. Anterior placenta would just affect feeling kicks because it would be in front of the baby

1 Like

So the hospital didn’t provide you with the correct information? I’d trust a hospital but if you didn’t listen I guess this is the next best place.

2 Likes

I had it with my son. (Second birth) it was fine only difference was harder to feel his kicks. Other than that Was fine.

I had an anterior placenta with my daughter. And the major thing the OB told me that would be different is that I might not feel movement as quickly as someone who had a posterior placenta. Nothing wrong with it and totally normal!

Go to Dr Phil’s Doctor on demand you can face time a nurse are Dr.

I had it. Just had a harder time feeling movement of the baby earlier in my pregnancy.

Totally normal nothing to fear. I have an anterior placenta. Nothing you did wrong or that you can do to change it. Take it easy in your first trimester maybe if youve had some bleeding, but otherwise nothing to worry about :slightly_smiling_face:

Placenta Previa is a problem. I had that twice. Not sure about the opposite.

1 Like

Hello dear, join a group on fb called (placenta previa and accreta support group) they are amazing with the support and info they can give!

Why didn’t you ask the Dr to explain in layman’s terms?.. Instead of asking here

You talkin to me ? ? :eyes::japanese_ogre::+1::eyes:

Do you mean placenta previa? Placenta previa is where the placenta is near or on the cervix. Posterior placenta is when the placenta is at the back of the uterus. Posterior placenta and anterior placenta are normal placement. You could have both placenta previa and a placenta - placenta at the back of the uterus and partly on the cervix.

Completely normal -I Had posterior with my son just didn’t feel him move until week 23ish whereas my other pregnancies I felt baby much earlier

I have a posterior placenta with this pregnancy, I’m almost 21 weeks. I have no issues. My placenta with my son was anterior and for completely unrelated reasons I lost him at 35 weeks (it was a blood clotting problem nothing was wrong with my placenta). This pregnancy is progressing just fine with careful managing. I’m praying for you!!! … also, my OB said that posterior placenta meant it may be harder to feel movement at first but that it didn’t mean anything bad otherwise. I don’t want you to stress and make things worse but you may need to call your OB or someone because I do not think posterior placenta means anything to cramping/bleeding by itself. I would check in with your doctor and investigate a bit further.

My niece had this…she had gestational diabetes and delivered him one month early but he is a happy healthy 11 month old now!!!

I had it with my son and almost lost him several times. Just take it easy rest don’t do things your no suppose to. I had my son a month early but he was healthy. He is now 27 years old.

1 Like

Completely normal. I was posterior last time and am anterior this time. Nothing to worry about.

They also move during pregnancy. May not stay where it is.

Please see your Ob/Gyn.
And ask lots of questions while there.

Is it possible they said Placenta Privia?

I had it with my second Didnt feel him as much as my first when he kicked and moved. Bled my whole first trimester. He came out fine.

1 Like

I had it with my first, it really wasn’t that big of a deal, some cramping, minor bleeding in the beginning and then I really couldn’t feel him that much, just mostly hiccuping and little kicks.
I’m currently pregnant with my second and she’s nothing like my first. I feel her sooooo much more and sometimes I wish I had a posterior placenta cuz this one just feels crazy to me lol

1 Like