Has anyone ever had an heterotopic pregnancy?

Can you please ask if anyone else has ever experienced a heterotopic pregnancy. I miscarried baby A on May 10th and now there is another baby which I’m calling baby B in an unknown location. They are wanting me to terminate it since it will not be able to grow correctly and potentially kill me but I just can not bring myself to terminate it.

183 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone ever had an heterotopic pregnancy? - Mamas Uncut

I would definitely see someone for a second opinion of course. Get more information about why this would not work etc.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you are going through such a difficult situation. Please get a second opinion. I wish you well.

1 Like

Don’t think of it as a termination. Think of it as a medical procedure. There’s no point to you losing your life over a baby who’s not going to survive. Look I’m pro-life but even I’m not dumb when procedures are actually NEEDED

35 Likes

You can go get a second opinion if you’d like.I would get a second opinion and try push to try to figure out WHERE exactly baby B is located. However, I personally would opt to terminate even though it might be difficult because essentially the one baby is not intrauterine which results in death. Heterotopic pregnancies are rare but they are really serious and shouldn’t be taken lightly when deciding what exactly to do. :heart:

4 Likes

Get a second opinion, but yes that is a deadly condition and babies have an extremely small chance of survival.

2 Likes

Get a second opinion but unfortunately that means the fertilized egg never made it to the uterus. It would most likely still be in the filopian tube and yes that could be exceptionally dangerous for you and the baby. I’m so sorry you’re receiving this news. I hope the best for you and your family :heartpulse:

1 Like

May I ask if this was ivf or was this traditional? Sometimes this happens with some procedures in that field. Not having any personal experience I can’t really say a lot but I’ve had a friend that had this happen. The outcome was not Ideal.

I had this one was in my tube one was not, you need a dnc & they need to check your tubes/ovaries etc. mine almost killed me 

1 Like

OK you CHOOSE the alternative then.

2 Likes

I just had an ectopic in February and it ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery and lost a tube. If they need to give methotrexate do it before it’s too late.

4 Likes

What causes heterotopic pregnancy?
The important risk factors for the development of a heterotopic pregnancy include family history, endometriosis, tubal disease, history of pelvic inflammation, high hormone levels, embryo transfer technique [5]. Combined pregnancy can result from simultaneous or delayed fertilization.

Heterotopic pregnancy (HP) is a rare condition when at least two pregnancies are present simultaneously at different implantation sites and only one located in the uterine cavity. The majority of cases are diagnosed in the first trimester.Jan 18, 2021

It’s a super difficult situation, but if the fetus isn’t in the uterus it absolutely will kill you as it grows. I’m assuming it’s most likely I’m your fallopian tube, if it is your fallopian tube will eventually explode and you will either need emergency surgery to remove the fetus and then do damage control or if you can’t get into surgery quick enough it’ll kill you.
As hard as it is, a fetus that is not implanted in the uterus is not a viable fetus. And as hard as choosing to terminate is, no matter how long you wait, the fetus will never become viable, there’s no chance of it living.
I’m assuming you say unknown location because it’s not in your uterus, and that never works out. You doing what you need to do to continue living is priority.

18 Likes

Get a second opinion and act quickly. My mom had a double ectopic pregnancy and they didn’t know/act fast enough. They both ruptured and she lost both of her tubes.

1 Like

Get a second opinion but make it fast. If the pregnancy has implanted anywhere other then your uterus you could be facing serious medical issues that could very well result in death of you & the pregnancy.

6 Likes

I would wait until my hCG got to at least 7000 and get a vaginal ultrasound to confirm location of the pregnancy. I had ectopic pregnancy And that’s what my doctor chose to do

2 Likes

Do what you feel comfortable with…it’s in God’s hands…

Unfortunately, if it is growing somewhere outside of the womb, it’s not terminating a life because it needs the womb to grow. At this point, it’s more like a tumor waiting to grow and kill you rather than a potential life. There is zero potential there, unfortunately.

15 Likes

Get it out!! They know what they are talking about.If u want a baby then have it went it’s safe and can grow right!

5 Likes

You cant become a mother if you lose your life in the first place…life is precious, that includes your own.

16 Likes

If it’s not growing in the womb, you do need to terminate because it’s not viable for life. This is a tough situation. I agree with getting a second opinion but quickly because this could be life threatening for you.

6 Likes

If it is growing anywhere other than inside the womb, it likely won’t survive and could just as likely kill you and thus itself, if has implanted somewhere else.

9 Likes

Life is precious you are life too.

4 Likes

No abortion feels like a good choice, but especially medical abortions. You gotta think of it this way, that baby is not going to make it, and you will never be a mother if you’re dead. What good will you both dying do? Let them go and hope you get to meet properly in another life. Mourn them even give them a name if you’d like.

I’m not exactly telling you what to do, because I do believe the choice is ultimately yours. I’m just offering my perspective.

6 Likes

Get a second opinion quickly if you need to — however, this medical procedure just may save YOUR life. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

How is baby B in unknown location?
How do they not know where the baby is,

1 Like

The placenta can latch on to an organ like the liver and kill you. Just allow the termination. You can get pregnant again later.

3 Likes

It sounds like because of the loss of baby A, you may be suffering from depression since you don’t SEEM to have concern for your own life.

Get it checked ASAP to see where it’s growing, if it’s outside of your uterus, it will kill you. If you want to be a mother that gets to raise her children, you need to survive.

11 Likes

I don’t have an answer, but please know I am praying for you. I am sorry.

2 Likes

I have had 3 ectopics if you would like to message me.

1 Like

Either terminate it or risk dying :tipping_hand_woman: there is no other way. I know it’s hard to do.

6 Likes

Definitely get a second opion asap unless they know where it’s at

2 Likes

I know it’s a hard decision but if the baby isn’t in the uterus it WILL kill you and then it’ll die too anyway.

10 Likes

Wow. So you’d rather die???due???
This is fucking brainwashing at its finest.

Get a 2nd opinion fast. Don’t mess around.

1 Like

My second pregnancy was etopic. The hospital showed I was pregnant but couldn’t find the baby. I then went to my Gyno and they were unable to locate as well but because my HCG levels were going up we continued. They drew blood everyday and then about 6 weeks in I woke up in a lot of pain and bleeding when I called the dr he said my blood work came back and my numbers dropped drastically. My tube was about to rupture and I needed to get to the hospital now. They were able to save my tube but the baby was not viable. The good news is I was able to get pregnant with my now 26 year old with in 2 weeks from my emergency surgery. I know it’s hard but the baby won’t make it regardless and you are putting yourself and life at risk.

12 Likes

Please terminate. I have been where you are. It’s a horrible choice to make but please think of your health. I finally did and now I have 2 beautiful healthy teenagers. Please think of yourself and your body. This baby will not survive anyway. Please don’t kill yourself over it too.

15 Likes

Do you have children? If so it’s in your best interest to terminate so you don’t die and your kids still have a mother! I almost lost my life to an ectopic pregnancy in 2020 and it don’t bare thinking about leaving my babies without a mother

4 Likes

Been there and done that. Heartbreaking at best. Unfortunately theres 2 choices. Terminate an unviable pregnancy or terminate your life possibly. It’s a no win situation. However if you save your life…you can go on and have more healthy…living children. My heart hurts for you. Get a second opinion for your own mind and heart. Make an educated decision :broken_heart::heart:

7 Likes

I am not a pro choice person in general. But all these folks are right. You need to take care of you and your life in this case. Baby is not viable anyway. Why should both of you die. It doesn’t serve any purpose.

10 Likes

21 years ago this was me. I did lose one baby and was advised to terminate baby B as he would not be viable and if so would be born with multiple handicaps. I am so glad I didn’t listen. My son is an absolute perfectly healthy, happy 21 year old young man.

3 Likes

You can deal with it now or wait til your tube ruptures which will result in the same outcome along with your possible death it could also result you never being able to get pregnant again. Unfortunately when it comes to PUL there really isn’t an outcome the baby cannot survive outside the womb so its not about choosing babies life over yours as baby will not survive regardless and generally won’t past 10 weeks.

3 Likes

Even if you don’t terminate you’ll both pass. Save yourself. :blue_heart: I don’t think a second opinion will hurt but why let both of you pass from this? It’s not your fault. There’s nothing anyone can do.

3 Likes

If the pregnancy starts to develop anywhere else other than the uterus, it will kill you. Thats plain and simply it. You can get pregnant again at a later time. They are advising you to terminate to save your life.

3 Likes

Horrible situation, would get a second opinion, to set your mind at ease, but likely will have same results, if baby is outside uterus, there’s no way it can survive, only thing you would accomplish is eventually miscarriage and possibly dieing, I don’t advocate abortion, but there’s no way this baby could survive regardless, save your life, can have more in the future :pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

If it’s in a Fallopian tube or ovary, it won’t survive. And it could burst and be fatal. Your body shop have spontaneously aborted it. Please don’t risk your life.

7 Likes

I would quickly terminate before it gets too big and destroys your chance to ever get pregnant again and even worse lose your own life as well. So sorry you’re going through this but if the baby won’t make it anyway no point in prolonging what is going to happen regardless especially if prolonging will cause even more problems for you.

5 Likes

If you want to live to be able to have more children abort it because it can kill you I am against abortion but you need to get one

3 Likes

You can end up with total hysterectomy or die terminate. Why must both of you die especially if you have other kids and a family

4 Likes

If the baby is not in your Uterus it’s certain death for you both… it’s not a matter of if but when. So you’re going to lose your life and the baby or just the baby. 

7 Likes

Depends on location actually but it is dangerous and in the wrong places neither of you will survive

2 Likes

So basically your options are terminate and stay alive and healthy for yourself and your family or… don’t listen to the MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS and carry an unviable extra uterine pregnancy until it kills you :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Awh baby I’m so sorry… Unfortunately it’s not viable and won’t survive regardless and you’ll only put your ability to get pregnant again if you wait :pleading_face: I’m so sorry

6 Likes

I’m Catholic, prolife but in this situation there really is no alternative. I’m so sorry

4 Likes

Point blank it isn’t a viable pregnancy. It isn’t a matter of IF it will kill you it’s a matter of WHEN. The fetus can not grow or develop outside of the uterus. It isn’t going to just miraculously survive or pop back up inside your uterus. Terminate so you have the chance of a future successful pregnancy. It’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel now but you have to be optimistic & take care of yourself in this situation.

10 Likes

I survived a heterotopic pregnancy. My baby A was in my uterus and baby B was in my right fallopian tube. I found out I was pregnant, 4 days later I had my right fallopian tube and embryo removed. I had a living healthy baby boy 7 months later.

2 Likes

Get them to locate where it is. Anywhere other than your uterus will kill you and the baby. If it’s in your uterus then see how it goes.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. I lost baby A at 6 weeks and then baby B at 18 weeks on May 10th. I nearly died and baby B was exactly where he was supposed to be. Please think of yourself and your future as well as your loved ones.

3 Likes

This is heartbreaking
I’m so sorry that u couldn’t go to full term. I heard this happened to someone else with twins and miscarried. She later got pregnant with twins again. Which one of those twins is my husband.
Do what u have to do to save ur life and join ur family who still need u alive. Listen to dr. Advice. If y do this u will have a chance to have a baby/babies again.
U don’t want to wait too long as it can harm your reproductive system.

5 Likes

I had a ectopic pregnancy… They lost me 5 times and brought me back.

2 Likes

You cannot survive an ectopic pregnancy. You literally HAVE to terminate. It’s not a question of “should I terminate or…”
No. You will literally die. Point blank. Your doctors should have educated you on the seriousness and urgency of this situation.

8 Likes

They can be quite dangerous for the life of the mother

If you let this baby pass on its own rather than terminate you risk death or never being able to have more children if you survive. I know this is probably the hardest decision you’ll ever have to make but save yourself and you can try for another baby when you are ready.:heart: I’m so sorry for your loss and this incredibly difficult decision you have to make. Sending love.

2 Likes

So sorry but they are correct you may want more children and the Drs. know best

1 Like

I am so very sorry you are in this position God Bless You :heart:

Have them find out where the baby is. If the baby is not in your uterus it cannot survive, and neither can you. You must terminate the pregnancy to save your life.

3 Likes

surprised Dr. hasn’t explained things to you.This is an EMERGENCY SITUATION.

4 Likes

Do you wanna die? Because this is how you die.

13 Likes

If they cannot locate it have them scan again in a few days to sew if there are changes. Could this be a new pregnancy and be too early to visualize. Its not typical to treat for an ectopic without seeing it with imaging.

3 Likes

If it’s putting you and the baby at severe risk you really need to consider termination. My heart goes out to you having to make this choice.

1 Like

I had a baby growing in my ovary, at the time I only had one ovary due to a mass that destroyed my other and had to be removed. they had to carefully remove the baby, that had already passed, to make sure I could still keep my one ovary. I now have had 4 healthy children with only one ovary. Unfortunately if the baby isn’t in the uterus they can’t be a viable pregnancy.

3 Likes

You will die without medical intervention. Unfortunately there is no happy ending here. If you miscarried the one in your uterus then the other is in an ectopic state. Try not to liken this to an abortion, this is a medically necessary procedure to save your life. Your literal option here are to terminate the pregnancy and survive or don’t terminate and you will die along with the fetus as well. This is not your fault, don’t blame yourself. You can always try again in the future when you’re ready but for now you need to terminate.

13 Likes

It isn’t really a choice, it can’t continue. The baby will die and so will you. Even if you let it go I’m sure one day you will be in severe pain and will be rushed to the hospital to try and save your life. But then it might be too late.

6 Likes

I think your are a Biden Abortion nut trying to bait people !

9 Likes

I’ve actually had this happen! My 10 year old is a result of this. I had an ectopic and had to have an ovary removed only to find out at my 2 week checkup that I was still pregnant! How they missed the embryo is beyond me but she was my miracle baby as I said. However, she was VISIBLE in an ultrasound. If they can’t locate your 2nd one in the uterus then it’s not in there which means this is not about your heart but rather your life itself because you will likely not survive.

18 Likes

Smh,some of you women have no compassion or tact with how you say something to another woman that obviously needs emotional support right now. I’m sure she knows this pregnancy needs to be terminated but she obviously is having mental and emotional stress over the fact that this is her reality. I can’t imagine going through this. I thought I was losing my baby and it dang near broke me. I wanted to make a deal with the devil just to save him. It was one of the scariest times of my life.This is delicate subject,we don’t know if she’s been trying for YEARS to have these babies,if she was told she could never have kids and got pregnant with twins. There could be so much tied into this woman’s story. So instead of being a harda$$ maybe try something like…

I know this is a devastating situation and I am so sorry you’re going through this. But, the baby is not viable. The sooner you get the procedure the less damage this will cause to your reproductive system. When the time is right for you and after your body heals,you can maybe try for another. You are loved and your family needs you. It’s going to be ok, momma. Mourn this loss however you need to . Take care of yourself. I’m thinking of you and I am so sorry for your loss :yellow_heart:

19 Likes

I did. I was pregnant with my twins (who are now 8 ) and there was a third one in my left tube. It hadn’t ruptured yet so we could save the twins by removing it. I was sad but of course I made the right decision. You can absolutely hemorrhage and die by leaving it. Do not risk it. Protect yourself and your viable baby.

9 Likes

I would get a second opinion & if theirs is the same, have the medical procedure.

7 Likes

I had twins growing in my c-section scar 2 years ago. We tried long & hard to have those babies. I know the pain you are in.

I had to terminate to save my own life.

My inbox is always open if you want to talk xx

5 Likes

I’ve lost one to sids and 6 to miscarriage, I understand the pain and fear… the reality is, risking your life won’t give a happy ending here, it’s either let them remove the little one that won’t make it to term, or both of you don’t make it.

6 Likes

I cant imagine how hard this decision is to make. If it’s not in the uterus it won’t survive either. However, if you do terminate it this gives you the option to try again and have a baby that is healthy, and you will be too. Im sorry youre in this position. And im sorry that theres no good ending for this. It really really sucks. Sending so much love to you

5 Likes

Do you have other children? Family? Friends? Anyone that cares about you? Cause if you do and you don’t terminate the pregnancy they won’t have you or those cells you have dividing inside of you right now.

4 Likes

This is when the egg has attached to the tubes of the walls of your uterus and not the uterus it’s self…is very dangerous for the Mother and the baby can not form probably in the tube…unless that egg moves down into the proper place to form…it must be removed…I’m sorry.

6 Likes

No comment, just praying for you.

Get a 2nd opinion with an ultrasound to verify location before you terminate. There’s a chance it may be in the right place, if not, unfortunately you know the risks…

3 Likes

You are important. You are loved. Please don’t allow yourself to die.

8 Likes

I had one in 1998 they couldn’t find it on ultrasound but it was slowly growing but would never be viable and I didn’t want to risk my future fertility so I terminated the pregnancy and to make it worse my husband and I had to go to the medical supply company to get a syringe full of the medication that they needed to inject me to kill my baby it was pretty fucked up

Google it. It’s never going to grow to be a baby.

4 Likes

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 17317 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://dollarmine727.pages.dev/

See a specialist now

The fetus is going to unfortunately pas, don’t let it kill you as well

1 Like

Her name is also Melinda…

1 Like

Melinda Brown my mother went through that after she had her tubes tied. Unfortunately it’s entirely possible! She miscarried on the toilet and back contractions(not in the front/lower belly and thighs like normal) my mama is a very fertile woman. Poor thing

4 Likes

Make sure you seek the best medical advice available to you and understand exactly what is going on , then as they say you must put your oxygen mask on to save yourself before you can do anything else . Ask questions till your sure so you can know you made the right decision for you .

3 Likes

If the baby is not in the uterus the pregnancy is not sustainable and could be life threatening.

11 Likes

I know a woman who had an ectopic pregnancy (in her Fallopian tube). She and the baby made it and he’s not a year old. I would definitely get a second and maybe 3rd opinion, verify with ultra sound where baby is and go from there. If you have other children please keep them in mind when/if you do have to make a decision. Hopefully you won’t have to.

6 Likes

Am so very sorry you lost your baby! This is a very rare condition and you need a second opinion and repeat ultrasound. They need to locate the 2nd baby. I’m so sorry but your 2nd baby will not survive outside the uterus. This type of pregnancy outside the uterus is a life threatening condition for you. There could be a rupture of the sack and it can cause serious internal bleeding. You could lose your life. YOUR LIFE IS PRECIOUS TOO! I know you’re heartbroken but please as tough as it is listen to the doctors. They’re trying to do what’s best for you. Please don’t put off this decision because waiting is dangerous. Don’t let guilt be a factor in your decision. This is NOT your fault! You did nothing wrong! I know this is is devastating and traumatic but hang on. There is only one you and you must choose life!

15 Likes

You better terminate now before the Republicans make it completely illegal!

8 Likes