Has anyone gone back to school in their 40s?

I will be 41 this fall and considering going back to school. It has always been a dream of mine to be a nurse. I have 2 daughter who are 6 and 9 and a husband who is very supportive. I have been running my own business but just no longer get the same joy. I’m worried it will be a big change and I will need to adjust won’t be able to work. Maybe just at first maybe the whole time. We would be ok financially just would have to watch every dollar we spend. Am I crazy for thinking of going back to school? Has anyone done this and have advice? I’m an overthinker and just need some advice…

3 Likes

I used to think about it…now Im a few years from retiring and thats more important to me then debt and essentially starting over in a career field.

Starting my BA in biochem at 36

Do it. That would be a awesome example for your girls to see, and the support of your husband.
It’s a win win, you get your dream while setting a wonderful example to your girls.

I started my BA in English Language when I was 62 and graduated when I was 67! Believe me even at that age it was a wonderful experience. The only regret I have is that I did not do it when I was younger. With a supportive husband go follow your dreams.

Do it, make that dream a reality! If you are unhappy with your current job, make that change.

I may be wrong to assume, but if “running your own buisness” = MLM, I’m proud of you for taking the actions to get out of there.

Good luck and make that dream of becoming a nurse a reality! :heart: