Has anyone gotten pregnant after a tubal ligation?

Can you post my question anonymously? I was wondering if any moms on here have fallen pregnant after a tubal ligation? I had my son seven years ago and had a tubal the beginning of August a few weeks after he was born. Supposedly they wrecked my tubes. They burned them and cut them, but I usually have a pretty accurate cycle that’s about 27ish days give or take well. I am now eight days late, bringing my cycle now to 32 days. I’m cramping but haven’t had a period, my nipples are a little sensitive, and I pee a little more frequently. I want opinions. I will make an appointment and/or get a test, but I’m wondering if anyone has had this experience, and it’s turned out to be something else causing it to be late and the other symptoms. I’m 25. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yes! I had 2 more children after my tubal failed.

1 Like

I’ve had ectopic pregnancies. They’re extremely dangerous and painful. Go in sooner than later.

1 Like

I had mine cut burnt and tied on July 17 1994 never had a problem but my period changes dates all the time always has

1 Like

I had my tube tide 4 tears ago. Last year I got pregnant and lost the baby in aug of last year

1 Like

I got pregnant 12 months to the day of mine being done. After 4 girls, I got a boy!

1 Like

I know people who have ahd multiple kids after… Your chances of getting pregnant slightly increases each year after having it done

Yup my friend had hers removed and her suprise baby is 6 months old now!

1 Like

Had my tubes tied 05/05/2000 after baby #5. 10/12/2003 baby #6 was born.

1 Like

Mary Plado - Varghese

I have heard of women getting pregnant after they have their tubal ligation. I had my done in December 2012 and haven’t ever got pregnant but my cycle have been all over the place since. There is always a possibility but if suspect you are I would get checked out cause you also don’t want ectopic pregnancy either cause I’ve known a couple of women that have had that happen.

I had mine cut burned and tied. Had pregnancy symptoms and I went in because I didn’t have my period. They did an ultrasound and pregnancy test and literally laughed in my face like I was crazy.
It was negative but still.
I have heard it’s possible. I still haven’t gotten my period.

I’m 28 had my tubal 2 yrs ago and I just found out I’m pregnant. The dr said it happens to 1 in 200 women that get tubal ligation

My sister had a tubal ligation done, and didn’t have kids for like 6 years. One day she ended up pregnant and the doctors couldn’t explain how. But yes it is indeed possible!

Y’all scaring tf out of me

I wonder about the stories sometimes bc some women have tubal ligation reversals and dont tell their families out of fear of what would be said. I’ve had a tubal in 2014 bc of health issues and have been pretty late a few times myself. My cycle use to be regular. Chances that if you are pregnant then it could possibly be ectopic. You want to find out sooner than later so I would start off with a dollar store pregnancy test and go from there.

It can happen.

But your menstrual cycle can change from hormonal changes that just naturally occur too.

Yes, I fell pregnant after having mine done for 4 years

Couple weeks after my 3rd child I was fixed, 6 months later I got pregnant with our 4th. During the c section the new Dr said the first Dr must not of been able to see cause one side didn’t have either band it should and the other side had 1 band but wasnt placed where it prevents anything. Turned out my Dr had several with in a 3 yr time frame that got pregnant after he was supposed to have fixed them too

2 Likes

These comments are giving me anxiety😂 Amy Minns

3 Likes

Had a tubal 16 years ago… my cycle changes but could be because of my age… no babies since

I’ve never had a tubal ligation… But these comments amd everything I’ve ever heard about em are making me feel hella nervous for any1 who did :joy: :joy: I had no idea this was soooo common… Ive even seen people say their dr told them they cut tied and burned them but only tied them or something crazy :flushed::flushed: tf is that, whose side are they on ?! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen several times. Went out and bought tons of tests every time. Even had a few come up looking positive but they were evap lines. Look up PTLS it’s a real thing. I even had every symptom of pregnancy when I missed my period

I had a tubal ligation an hour after having my 3rd kid. Got pregnant 6 months later. Ended up miscarrying. Now I’m on birth control to prevent pregnancy… tubal ligation aren’t :100:

Cut tied and burned Sept 2015. Doctor did tell me it wasn’t a 100% and failure rate of procedure goes up to like 75% after 5 years.

I had a tubal ligation almost 3 years ago. This past May, I started what I thought was my period but it was extremely light. Couple days later, woke up in excruciating pain on my lower left abdomen. Decided to take a pregnancy test because all the signs pointed to ectopic pregnancy. The test was instantly positive… and 3hrs later, I was having emergency surgery. The pregnancy ruptured my tube and I was bleeding internally. Scary situation. If you don’t feel right, take a test. You know your body the best.

Are tubal pregnancies possible when you’re tubes have been tied?

I have had mine done for 18 years no problems besides period throw off every now and then.

Taking a test is the only way to know. It is possible and does happen.

1 Like

Could be hormonal too. Tubal ligation can bring on peri menopause(early menopause) as can your own genes. Get a hormone check and pregnacy test

Have your tubes removed entirely. Instead of cut. Solve that problem it’s called a salpingectomy. That way you dont have to worry about it. No failure rate no ectopic pregnancy. Boom done.

2 Likes

Jericka Bailey Tommy Bailey these comments give me anxiety :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I was told by my cousin that you could still.get pregnant after I had mine cut ties and burn up til.a year after the surgery never go pregnant

My ex’s mom had her tubes tied and 8 years later got pregnant and now has a healthy 13 year old daughter

I had mine “wrecked” also in 2000 had twins in 2003

I had mine 4 years ago the SAME day I gave birth to my last baby. Mind you I got them tied due to getting pregnant six times while on six different types of birth control. I was told recently that my tubes are healing themselves :woman_facepalming: they were cut and burned. . .

Oh wow i had mine aug 1 be 12 yrs i had that done.

It is possible to get pregnant after a tubal. The longer time goes on after the procedure, the more likely it is (though still very rare).

Had the same scare a couple months back lol. Turned out it was just late (which never happens). Seen the OB who confirmed I wasn’t pregnant, said sometimes it just happens. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I have heard of it happening several times. I had mine tied at 25 I am now 28 but my period was on time every month until 4 months ago now it’s 10 days late sometimes and sometimes more or less the doctor said that a tubal can mess up your menstrual cycle sometimes even years later. I know I’m getting tired of not ever knowing when mine is coming.

But, I can tell you now my sister-in-law got pregnant with her 3rd daughter while she had IUD. It was a shocker coz she was almost 40. She felt too old to be pregnant. I guess, no regrets. This same daughter just graduated Summa Cum Laude last month. Her OB said, it happens in 1 out of ten women. Not sure about tubal ligation. Mostly all my friends had their tubes tied, so they can stay off the birth control pill. They didn’t want to be pregnant anymore.

Are u taking new meds? Start a new job or diet anything can change it up mine was 10 days late for no reason. Although u may want to go get a dollar test just to be 100% sure cuz anything is possible unfortunately

I had mine tied at 22 and have this problem I panic every time it happens it is usually stress related but I know there is still always a chance even though it’s small

I know women that had it done and after 7 years got pregnant so yeah it can happen

Nothing is 100% effective besides tubal removal. I would test and if still uncertain schedule with OB

Get checked for ovarian cysts. Very common after tubals. My roared it’s ugly head after 5 yrs with pregnancy symptoms…(all of them) turned out to be a cyst the size of a softball inside my ovary. See a doctor. Ovarian cysts are very common after tubal…but if we think about it…what happens to that egg our body releases every month during our cycle if we close off the exit route???

I got pregnant with one tube after they removed the other one.

Take a test right away.

Mine were tied and burned when I had my c-section 7 years ago. A week before I my son turned 7 I found out I was pregnant

1 Like

Could be Hormone imbalance. I’ve had two scares thinking i was pregnant. Had pregnancy symptoms like sore breast, cramping and bloating. I was a week late on my period. Phew!:sweat:

1 Like

I know someone who ended up pregnant 19 years after her tubal. It’s totally possible.

yes i had 1 and i fell pregnant 4yrs later but had a miscarriage

Stress is a big factor

1 Like

It can happen. What I want to know is how did they let you get this done so young?

1 Like

I did. My tubes had been tied for years. I was 39, missed a period, felt awful…I took a few home pregnancy tests (just to ease my mind), and they came back positive. I went to the doctor, had bloodwork done. It showed I wasn’t pregnant. A few weeks later, after feeling dizzy and having pain, I went back to the doctor, had a urine test, and ultrasound. Positive. I had to have emergency surgery. This was on 9/11. Not a great experience, but I survived. Get a home pregnancy test. If it’s positive, go to Urgent Care, and be persistent!

3 Likes

I had mine cut, tied and burnt after I had my son in Sept of 2017… November of 2019 went to the ER thinking it was my appendix… ER dr even thought it was appendix until my pregnancy test came back positive. They took me immediately to have an ultrasound and I had an ectopic pregnancy and several cyst that ruptured. Rushed me in for emergency surgery and had to remove my tubes. I would take a test and get seen ASAP, especially if you start having any pains. Trust me a rupture is NO fun!

4 Likes

It is possible, I’ve had women tell me about getting pregnant after getting a section of their tubes removed burned and tied off both ends, and they all mentioned it happened 4 or 5 years after. I had the same procedure and it worked.

Yes I had my tubes tied and burnt when I was 19. My cycles were regular so when I missed I had 3 different pregnancy test to confirm. Was pregnant, had ultrasound and was where it should have been. Two hours after test I had a miscarriage. Definitely get a pregnancy test. I other issues that could have cost me my life that was found when I had tubes tied again.

I just had this happen recently. Turns out my period started after being 10 days late, the day AFTER I shelled out the money for a pregnancy test.

I had a tubal ligation at 25. The doc told me that the failure rate was usually 7-10 years down the road if it was going to happen. Definitely possible if you are still young and fertile. The Fallopian tubes can grow back together. One of mine did after an ectopic, prior to my third child and the tubal ligation :flushed:

Do a pregnancy test ASAP. My friend had an ectopic pregnancy. Nothing to play around with. God bless.

5 Likes

Yes I got pregnant twice after getting a section of my tubes cut out then tied and burnt. Lost the first one at 4 months along and now have a healthy 2 1/2 yr old. I was 7 and 9 years out from my tubal with these pregnancies. After my 2 1/2 yr old I had my tubes totally removed.

2 Likes

i did with in 10 weeks of having my tubes done couldn’t figure why I was so sick … i was pregnant it also happen 7 years later to i did have ultra sounds right away yo make sure they weren’t ectopic pregnancies … they are now 26 n 18 I would change a thing :grin::heart:

1 Like

Nothing is guaranteed except not having sex I would buy a test to check but I’ve had mine done for 5 years and my period is not regular since having them tied I can go up to 3 months without a period I keep tests on hand for piece of mind

I had my tubes tied seven years ago after battling cervical cancer and three healthy children. I became pregnant early June 2020 and sadly now have an angel baby.

4 Likes

Yes! I got pregnant after my tubal ligation! Had my 3rd son March of 1978 tubal ligation 1 day after,had my 4th son Nov. 1983! They said, one teeny, tiny piece wasn’t cut all the way through and grew back together. Second tubal ligation Nov. 1983 they said they took big chunks out of the tube! No more babies after that! But, he is a wonderful blessing, I didn’t know I needed! Go have a pregnancy test!

I got pregnant 3 years after my tubal. They had clamped both tubes but one side was swollen when the clamp was put on. When the swelling went down the clamp came off. Tubal in 1981, son born in 1985

My mother had this problem . They told her she would never be able to have more children. She had me, she says I’m her miracle :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I had mine cut, burned and clamped lol. That was over 16 years ago. Still have just the 3 kids. Worked for me.

1 Like

My moms grew back together and she had a surprise pregnancy. Even a tubal ligation isn’t a guarantee depending on genetics.

1 Like

Yes, many times and ectopic pregnancies can result. The procedures today are much better than they were in the past. Originally they just cut the tubes, now they cauterize them and often remove some of the tube instead of just cutting it.

1 Like

Be careful more likely to be a tubal pregnancy and can be dangerous. Please take a test

1 Like

I’m 60 years old and not at all of the age to have anymore children. However after reading all these comments and some of them being it’s very rare I have to think to myself it doesn’t sound very rare! It actually sounds like it happens quite often!

3 Likes

Years ago my cousin had her tubes tied , about a year later she got pregnant with twins. Nothing is a :100: per cent .

I don’t see how you could be pregnant if they “cut” your tubes. I’ve heard of the tied tubes not working but not if they cut.

I had a tubal after my son it’s been 9 years now and no surprises yet. I would definitely talk to your Dr though bc everyone is different.

1 Like

I know of someone who had theirs burnt cut and tied and got pregnant I think it was 13 years later. It’s not a 100 percent guarantee

Just take a pregnancy test. Then you know for sure.

2 Likes

I was 33, 5 pregnancies 4 daughters and a stillborn son(middle child). I signed to has a tubal, perinatologist that delivered my youngest wouldn’t do it. It was a high risk elective surgery for me. With my son I had open heart surgery and a filter implant, I take blood thinner.

Yes you can SOMETIMES still get pregnant I did 6 times. Get checked by your ob/ gyn. If you are it could be bad . It can also be ok. You dr can tell you.

I have a brother who is 33 years younger to the day, step mother had her tubes cut and burnt 6 years prior to this pregnancy.

I was shocked trendy thought I had tubular pregnancy but nope shed 31 now

It can happen. I had a tubel pregnancy after my tube were tired. My body got rid of it.

I would see a dr.Its probably not gonna happen after all that.

Many years ago I had about 4 friends who got pregnant after a tubal ligation…

I had my tubes tied, and had no problems afterwards. Go see your doctor now!

You can still get pregnant with your tubes tied

this happened to me recently. i was 16 days late and i’m very regular. took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. seen my ob shortly after still not starting and they chalked it up as hormonal and that sometimes they become irregular as we get older. but since then my period has been regular every 28 days. i was very worried and honestly thought could i be pregnant? i had a tubal 3 years ago after having my daughter. i would definitely take a test and go from there and see your ob. goodluck!

Dollar tree has pregnancy test- go get one.

3 Likes

Why are you on FB instead of going to a doctor?

Nope never had a problem!

Three times with one live birth.

I had it done twice and still got pregnant

Me too I got pregnant but I lost it few months later

Yepp! I had my tubes tied, not burnt (I couldn’t stand the thought of it and was probably my mistake) in July 2013. I got pregnant in April 2019! I lost a bunch of weight, like drastically, so the doctor told me it could have possibly cause my tubes to untie just enough for it to get thru. I have had them removed this time. fingers crossed (also I’m one of those that birth control fails. I’ve tried several)

No. Tubal. No more babies. Home pregnancy test.

You can get pregnant, each yr you gain 1% chance of pregnancy.

Had a neighbor that got pregnant with twins after a tubal. Husband was so upset he had a paternity test done. They were his.

I had a baby after a tubal

I am pregnant after a tubal ligation reversal