Has anyone gotten pregnant after a tubal?

A friend of mine had a tubal and 18 years later became pregnant.

My best friends daughter lost around 100 lbs and she got pregnant years after her tubal.

I was blessed with 3 children after losing a tube to an ectopic pregnancy.

I had my daughter 5 years after my tubal

Yep babies 3 and 4 were after my tunes were tied. Had a hysterectomy after that

Need to get them cut and burned mine was done years ago never got pregnant than 12 years later hysterectomy

I had mine tied in the 80’s cut shortened never was pregnant again. I think it’s more of the micro surgery that fails.

In 1983 i had a tubal, in 1985 i was pregnant again so yes it can happen.

I had an ectopic pregnancy after having my a tubal ligation.

I had. My tubes not tied. They cut and singe them .

Had mine done over 17 years ago. He’s still my youngest so mine worked lol.

Yes!! My best friends wife had a tubal and then got pregnant a year later and had a healthy pregnancy and little girl

If you’ve had a tubal go to dr right away to confirm pregnancy. You don’t want to let it go if it’s another one. Good luck praying for success.

4 Likes

had a friend who didnt know she was pregnant and took a nap on afternoon on couch…when she hadnt woke up by 8pm.her mom tried to wake her only to realize she was dead…they did an autopsy to find cause of death…tubal pregnancy had ruptured while she slept bled out internally…
was back in the 80s in high school
was so sad…
i had a pregnancy in 1985 that was between my tube and ovary…i had surgery on 21st b day the removed left tube thinking it was in it …then realized it was on right side so had that tube and ovary removed too.
never had any children as a result.
my hubby and i will celebrate 37yrs in april…we d been married a yr when a this happened
go get checked ASAP

2 Likes

I ended up having two more kids after a tubal. Ended up having to get a hysterectomy. Becouse of problems. At 27yrs.

I had one friend who got pregnant with twins after a tubal.

I had my tubes tied and my doc said if I became pregnant, there would be no chance of the baby surviving …!!!

1 Like

I knew of someone who got pregnant after tubal and had twins

Omg
Y’all don’t tell me this!!
I just started dating again and had mine done years ago!
I can’t be having any more babies at 47!
:rofl::joy:

It is always possible unless you have a hysterectomy

I did! He just turned 37 in November!!

I had three kids after mine

4 Likes

I had 5 babies after a tubal!

2 Likes

This happened to my daughter 17 months after she had her tubal she had my beautiful granddaughter.

I did get pregnant,everyone told me that I was crazy couldn’t be,but it was.I secretly was excited,Had my daughter best thing ever. :woman_shrugging:t2::rose:

My sister did and had two babies after

1 Like

My sister in law got prego twice. Doctor’s won’t touch her now

I did. Have now have 2 daughters.

2 Likes

Dollar tree has pregnancy tests that are accurate

1 Like

Just go to the doctor and get checked out.to be on the safe side

So thankful I got the whole baby making factory removed :joy::joy:these posts scare me

Not personally but I know 2 people that have

Take a test they don’t always work

I have a friend who had a baby after a tubal

I know some ladies that got pregnant afterwards

Many years ago I did! Good luck…

Many people have including people I know. 10% chance.

My mom’s friend had like 2-3 kids after her tubal

My Niece had 3 babies after her tubal pregnancy :blush:

Yes I know someone who got pregnant after having one

Our minister and his wife had t wins after a vasectomy.

My mom had me after a tubal.

A girl I worked did. It can happen

Yep, it happened to me in 11/1965

Yes you can get pregnant after a tubal. You need to make sure it’s not in the tubes

1 Like

I have a friend who did.

They are 99% fool proof!!

No age stated. That’s kind of an important detail.

Be careful, you could have an ectopic pregnancy.

Yes, 4 years after my tubal

No but I wish I did. I want another

Is this the same thing as a tubal ligation?

2 Likes

U could have a tubal pregnancy

It all depends on what you mean by tubal. Do you mean after a tubal pregnancy or do you mean after a tubal ligation? You are supposed to abstain from sex after a tubal ligation for 6 weeks and even after that you are supposed to use protection. Maybe you need to be more precise when you say tubal

2 Likes

If you mean tubal pregnancy:
Pease do test.
It’s very possible for you to get a normal pregnancy, and I pray that you do.
But unfortunately, you are at risk for another tubal. If you are pregnant you need to know and go to your OB to confirm the location.

Prayers for you and hopefully a little one soon :heart:

Tube tie:
Possible but rare, do the test

This is why I told my doc he better make damn certain my tubal stuck forever and best not be coming to him pregnant again at nearly 50…so he cut, tied, and cauterized mine.

2 Likes

It appears there is some confusion going on here. Is she asking if anyone has gotten pregnant after having their tubes tied or after a ectopic tubal pregnancy?

Very possible…my aunt had two after a tubal

I have 3 girls, then had my tubes cut, burned and tied. 5 years later got pregnant and had a boy. Dr said tubal ligation is only 99%
My son is a miracle baby.

Yep Happens more often than you think.

I had mine cut, tied, and burned so NO CHANCE!!

So happy for you. Congratulations

I guess it can happen.

I had the rings placed on mine…yall got me over here like OHHH :poop:.:flushed::flushed:

I know someone that happened to

I was told by my Dr, 1 in 10 chance. Sounds high to me. But it is possible

My granddaughter had one 5 months ago and she’s already pregnant doing very well

5 years after having my tubes cut and tied I got pregnant. Have a healthy 3 year old now

Yes I had a baby in 76 and I had another baby 11 month and 29 days now they are 43 and the other one is 45

Many doctors are recommending a bilateral salpingectomy! This is what I had done after my third child. They completely remove both tubes. It is recommended because it’s pretty much 100% and decreases the risk of ovarian cancer significantly; the cancer usually starts in the tubes before it spreads.

My dr told me to still be careful because 1 in every 300 tubals there’s a chance it didn’t hold so basically 1 out of 300 will get pregnant with tubal my sister did but it wasn’t viable waited to long to see dr so it happens my grandmother also got pregnant with one my aunt my mom and my grandmother was all pregnant at same time lol 2 sisters and a mom all pregnant within 3 months of one another lmao

I had a tubal litigation and got pregnant. She turns 3 in June.

2 Likes

1 in 200 women get pregnant even after having a tubal ligation. Exactly what my gyno told me so i decided to get my fallopian tubes removed.

My cousin had her tubes tied years ago (10+) when they did her hysterectomy they ( they told her it was endometriosis (she had alot of pain )) they found a 8 wk old fetus on her tube.

Look up PTLS… I’ve had this happen numerous of times and I’d get EVERY pregnancy symptom in the book. Then it would come the next month. I cant count how many times I’ve taken tests… but I’m not saying it couldnt be possible. Many women have had pregnancy after tubal ligation. Dont stress momma. Wait until your next cycle and see what happens.

This happened to me 23 years ago so yes it is possible.

I had a full tubal ligation (cut, tie, burn) after 3 children. I found out I was pregnant 9 months following the procedure after also being late.

For 3 weeks, I was told I was having a tubal pregnancy as they closely monitored my symptoms and the baby with ultrasounds every couple of days. Their hope was I would pass the baby on my own vs needing a surgery.

At 10.5 weeks I lay there crying bc my husband was late to the appt. The ultrasound tech found not only a heartbeat, but a fetal pole as well. Four and a half years later, I lay here in bed snuggled up to my daughter that “shouldn’t have been”.

(After delivery, they figured out that my right Fallopian tube was not burnt completely through and over the course of 9 months either reattached to the opposing side or the embryo made it’s way to the not completely closed side.)

8 Likes

I had the same thing happen, went to the doctor for pregnancy test, as soon as they stuck the needle to draw blood, I started my period. I think subconsciously I was wondering if I made a mistake getting them tied and maybe wanted to have another, the mind is a powerful thing.

Didn’t have a problem cut burned and then had a have hysterectomy a few years after that never got pregnant but it can happen

1 Like

My daughter’s bf had a tubal they removed some of her tube and she now has a baby girl a little over a year old so it’s possible God knows when you’re ready hun

I’m almost 50. My mom had me at 23. She had her tubes tied after me, after my baby sister 5 years later and after my baby brother 7 years later. It’s not 100% that’s for sure. Thankfully, my Doc cut, tied, burned and took one tube out after my third son 16 yrs ago and we’ve not been pregnant since. As a side note, I also has a thermal balloon ablation in 2013.

A tubal is only something like 96% effective and that number goes down each year. Nothing other than celibacy is 100%

Its possible, tubles are very effective but nothing is 100% unless you have menopausa or Hysterectomy. But it can be dangerous. You can have what’s called ectopic pregnancy. Where the baby is growing in the tubes. That can be life threatening. I would take a pregnancy test just to be safe.

Oh it can happen. In 2011 I had a tubal (Adiana) and an endometrial ablation. I even went and had a dye test done and and was told I was sterile. Well, three years later I got sooo sick. Found out I was pregnant. It was a difficult pregnancy and an even more difficult delivery at 29 weeks but I now have a happy and healthy 6 year old daughter

Sometimes I skip periods after my tubal, longest break was 63 days between cycles. I was scared that I was pregnant too luckily it’s been 5 years since my tubal and no more pregnancies.

I did the Drs said I could never have another baby without help yet I’ve got 10 after the tubal . Surprisingly my left tube still works and I’ve gotten pregnant several times from it . Our bodies are amazing!! Good luck

Could be a tubal pregnancy, please go to the doctor to be checked. I had my tubes tied and got pregnant but was in tubes had what they called a missed pregnancy, if fetus matures in tubes, tubes could burst. Do not let them tell you , I know doc who did tubal litigation, your not pregnant, make them do pregnancy test!

Yes, my daughter did. Has a 16 year old son now. Best wishes. :pray:

I knew a lady that had three babies after her tubal,had two and got pregnant,after both

I did years ago. Had it undone and had a son.

My daughter in law got pregnant after her tubal. It was about 16 months after their daughter was born.

I did ten years later but unfortunately I had a miscarriage.

Yes I did get pregnant after a tubal. However miscarried!

I had a tubal as soon as l was old enough to get one after two children. I was pretty young when l got it.

But l told the doctor who done it…to cut them, burn then, tie them or take them out cause if l had another baby it was going to be his.

Well l am 75 now…and my tubal worked…lol.

Got pregnant 4 yrs after, it was tubular

I had mine cut and clamped and had normal periods until about 3 months ago … some months I had 2 other months id be a week or two late

It sounds like not to get a tubal with all these comments

I was born after my mom had a tubal.

Yes almost 18 months after but mine was another tubal I have no tubes now.

I had my tubes removed so for me its literally impossible