Has anyone gotten pregnant two months after a c-section?

Hi, could you ask the group if anyone has gotten pregnant two months after having a c section and their experiences with it?

9 Likes

Woa! That’s bad news bears!
I’ve had 4 c-sections.
You’re supposed to let your body heal for 2 years after a c-section before getting pregnant again.

Granted, I got pregnant with my second baby a little over a year after my first and everything was fine. In fact, she was my easiest pregnancy and smoothest c-section delivery. However, I got pregnant with my fourth a year and a half after my third and the scar tissue had grown so extensively that by 5 months I could barely walk the 30 feet to the first floor bathroom from my sitting/resting chair.

For the question at hand, I would be worried about rupturing or tearing open the healing incision if pregnant within two months of a c-section. My advice is to speak with an OBGYN doctor or mid-wife as soon as possible!

1 Like

I had a freind that this happened to she went through with the pregnancy she was just on bed rest the whole pregnancy. She was also only 4’11" I don’t know if that had anything to do with it…

1 Like

I did. My littlest ones are 11.5 months apart and both were born via c-section. My pregnancy was normal and went well and so did the c-section. I feel like I recovered much faster than I did the first time.

1 Like

I got pregnant 2 months after my 4th c-section. My external incision had split open and was healing still as I was growing another human inside already. I survived but I definitely took it easy and was scared to death the whole time

1 Like

My mum did, she had my brother threw c-section the 1st jan then fell pregnant near enough straight away and my other brother was born decemeber the same year :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

my first and second where three years apart after my second i got pregnant with my third 9 months after then had my third and got pregnant 8 months later with my fourth it took a toll on my body lots of scar tissue but babys where all healthy and they still are they are now 7 4 2 and 1

1 Like

Yes i got pregnant 6 weeks after had healthy 8 pound baby and then 2 more c sections within 4 years!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

My sister knew another teacher that lost her baby that way. I was told to wait a year to heal before getting pregnant again because otherwise problems can arise.

Ouch. Bed rest and lots of monitoring. I haven’t heard great stories but I have heard some good!

You’re supposed to wait 6 weeks to have sex, so no I definitely did not. I was paranoid about healing.
Hopefully you’re healed enough when baby starts to grow, or that can be super duper dangerous for you. Your uterus will be so thin.

I wish you the best. Good luck.

Yes I did, I had a csection in February, fell pregnant 8 weeks later… bub arrived 8 weeks early, not sure if it’s because my body didn’t have time to heal but I ended up having 2 csections in one year, my second was born in dec

Mine are around 4 days shy of 13m apart. My first was a csection

Did no problems her …actually had a nb 3 yr old 4yr old and 5yr old

I got pregnant about 2m after my c-section. Still carrying baby number 2.

I did, right about 2&1/2m postpartum. It’s been a rough pregnancy. Mentally and physically. Definitely don’t recommend. This is a birth control baby and I definitely was not planning to get pregnant so soon.

There’s a year gap between my daughter and my current pregnancy ’ I’ll be welcoming my boy in April via c section

Research shows that getting pregnant less than six months after a C-section can increase your risk of complications, such as ruptured uterus or a low birth weight baby.

3 Likes

yes i did… i had an emergency section, and while healing i over did it, and opened my incision 4 weeks later, then got pregnant again straight away and had a second section,
everything went fine, my scar/incision was about tender as my belly was growning and did get a small bit sore towards the end, but all in all no complications…
if you would like to mail me, id happily try answer any questions you have, if i can…

1 Like

I believe I was 6 months after mine. Went on with a perfectly fine pregnancy, easy vaginal birth too

1 Like

Three months for me. They’re exactly 367 days apart. I was a repeat C (scheduled). Pregnancy was fine all throughout as well.

I was pregnant 3 months after having my first child c section. It went great, I just had to have another c section.

I was pregnant 5 weeks after my 2nd c-section.
No problems at all, totally healthy pregnancy and 3rd c-section :blush:

3 months, nearly 4 for me. No problems with pregnancy and had a successful drug free natural birth (VBAC)

5 months after my 1st csection, then 3.5 months after my 3rd csection. All normal pregnancies.

I was 7 months from having my 3rd c section when I got pregnant with our 4th. No problems at all.

1 Like

I got pregnant with my second two months after having a c-section. They had to do another c-section of course instead of a vbac for worry of tearing, but no other serious issues. Just a lot of scar tissue lol

I was pregnant at 5 months after a c section and again at 9 months. Both ended in miscarriages.

I got pregnant with twins 5 months after a c section. No pregnancy complications at all, carried full term, and my c section scar is basically invisible :slight_smile:

I had 3 c sections and got pregnant with a 4th 10 months after 3rd csection and my uterus tore and ruptured. I was told no more babies or pregnancies as it is too dangerous and will probably happen again.

I have heard stories like this. It feels and sounds scary for me. Thankfully I Haven’t experienced it. And I admire those who did. You’re all brave despite the strain it may cause on your body inside and out. Not to mention the emotional and mental stress. Oh well babies are blessings! :heart::hugs:

I wasn’t 2 months but I was 4 months after my second csections. I was high risk as well due to preeclampsia and hellp and then high blood pressure and early csections with my second. I was just monitored very closely. My dr did a scheduled csections at 37 weeks because she didn’t want me in labor because of my pressure and also if the baby got too big it would tear my incision. She said it takes about a year to heal. My second and third at 13 months apart. I got my tubes removed during my third csection. Not sure if it was because of that or just so close together but the pain was so much worse the third time. Like severe pain. But all is well now. Good luck!

Yes I got pregnant 3 months after having mine and everything was fine.

My last 2 are 27 months apart had a c section and had my daughter vaginally and all natural no problems with my incision

Yes, while fully breastfeeding and in my 40’s, all went well and it was my 3rd section, they didn’t open the same wound but cut above the old wound x

Elizabeth Bonneville I’m here for the comments lol

My babies are born in the same year. 11 months apart. My pigeon pair. Boy then girl. They just turned 2 and 3. Was a tough second pregnancy but I did live to tell the tale lol …

1 Like

What the hell is wrong with yall?

4 Likes

3 c sections in under three years (10/2016, 2/2018, 7/2019)… two incision sites. No problems. You got this!

My children are 12 months apart. And I had c sections with both. And no complications with either pregnancy.

I got pregnant 5 months after I had my baby from my 3rd c-section. Currently pregnant still and hoping for the best🤞🏼