Has anyone gotten the Covid vaccine while pregnant?

Following in the same situation

I got it haven’t had any problems

1 Like

They advise not taking any over the counter medication while pregnant. I certainly wouldn’t want to take an Emergency authorized non FDA approved experimental MRNA gene therapy.

35 Likes

Don’t be a guinea pig

11 Likes

I’ve had two friends that have gotten them with no issues and now have beautiful babies. But it’s totally up to you :heart:

6 Likes

I did. I got J&J at 14 weeks. I’m high risk pregnancy and for covid so my doc strongly recommended. I’m currently 30 weeks with a healthy baby boy.

Do what’s best for you after confirming with your doc

2 Likes

It’s up to you speak to your gp don’t listen to fb doctors xx

2 Likes

Talk to your consultant or hospital doctors because I did the same I asked for their opinion yes they did told me its up to me but they also said I wouldn’t get it because there isn’t enough research done not had it during my pregnancy and I gave birth to a healthy baby

Don’t do it please! The vaccine has caused miscarriages and other problems in some pregnancies. Don’t put your baby at risk

10 Likes

If the benefits to the mother outweighs the harm to the baby I would have it. I was pregnant when I was required to have the ACWY vaccine (I know it’s not the covid vaccine) and thts what my doc said but still he left the ultimate decision to me. My daughter is now 9 yrs old

3 Likes

I didn’t get it because it said not to use on pregnant women, but Emmy Rosman (sp?) did and her baby tested positive for antibodies. Im in my 9th month, though and they could have more research and changed it since I last looked into it.

I havent personally but my sister in law got the covid shot while pregnant. Two completely healthy pregnancy beforehand within the last 6 years. And now she is having complications where the umbilical cord is detatching. Is it from the shot idk.put I wouldn’t take the chance unless you medically need it.

5 Likes

Me and my son are FINE. Little to no side effects. Got it at 28 weeks. :woman_shrugging:
God forbid we get delta we have a better chance of fighting it.
Covid 19 Vaccine-Evidence Based Group: Pregnancy, Lactation, TTC & Children helped me make up my mind

9 Likes

I got the vaccine not knowing I was pregnant, and I’m now 26 weeks pregnant no issue… I haven’t heard anything negative?

5 Likes

Page 67 of the Pfizer documents state that it may cause genetic mutations anywhere up to 6 months before falling pregnant (this included whilst pregnant)

5 Likes

Strange they´re not making pregnant women a priority. Here in Belgium they are one of the priority groups along with the elderly etc because caching covid while pregnant is much more dangerous and can cause a lot of complications not only to the mother but also to the unborn child + your baby will have antivries when he/she is born.

3 Likes

Got my first dose when I would have been 3 weeks(didn’t know I was pregnant) then the second dose a few weeks after that when I did know I was pregnant. I’m now almost 20 weeks and no issues. Baby boy is doing perfectly fine and so am I.

7 Likes

I waited until I had my baby to get it just in case because I didn’t know too much about it. And I didn’t want to risk feeling more sick than I already did :rofl:

1 Like

Talked it over with my doctor while I was pregnant. He said it was my choice but I could tell he rather me not getting it. So I asked after baby here and me breastfeeding with the same response. Just not enough info/ research yet

2 Likes

I’m 6 months pregnant and got my first dose yesterday. So far so good.

1 Like

I am no longer pregnant by my little one is 8 months and I’m breastfeeding. I asked my doctor what his thought on getting it was and he suggested I wait until I am done breastfeeding or till there is more research on it regarding pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. But I would ask you doctor’s advice

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone gotten the Covid vaccine while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

The statistics on pregnant women having miscarriages after receiving the shot speaks volumes.

8 Likes

I’m almost 10 weeks, I’m personally not going to get the shot,

5 Likes

Covid 19 Vaccine-Evidence Based Group: Pregnancy, Lactation, TTC & Children

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone gotten the Covid vaccine while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

I am 35 weeks pregnant! I got vaccinated right around the 12 weeks mark… my sister in law and cousin are also both pregnant and got the vaccine during their pregnancy. We all are currently having safe and normal pregnancies. I know this may not apply for everyone but at least for the three of us we are okay!

2 Likes

There’s no need for a vaccine if your healthy…do they have a vaccine for the common cold ?? Better off with out it

19 Likes

I got my first covid vaccine at 12 weeks and got my second dose at almost 16 weeks. Me and baby are perfectly healthy. First shot I was tired and sore arm. And second shot just sore arm. It is your choice. But for me it was the best one because I work in healthcare and my husband works in the prison system. So we wanted to protect our new little one and the little girl we have at home.

1 Like

I got Moderna when I was about 5-6 months pregnant (didn’t know it at the time and found out shortly after). I’ve had a safe and normal pregnancy and my due date is in just over a week! My OB said if I hadn’t gotten it yet he would’ve strongly encouraged me to get it because antibodies can be passed to the fetus and help protect your baby. At the end of the day though, it’s your choice to do what YOU think is best for you and your family.

2 Likes

I would wait till after you give birth and I’d also wait, if you choose to breast feed till after your done breast feeding. There’s just not enough info out there and honestly I don’t think it’s worth any risk. Just my opinion.

10 Likes

Why get a shot that isn’t approved by the FDA yet? Why put something in your body that was rushed into existence.

12 Likes

I had covid at 13 weeks pregnant.

I chose to get the Pfizer vaccine at 35 weeks (first shot) . Nothing but a sore arm. I wanted to wait until baby had a good likelihood she wouldn’t have to stay in the NICU in the off chance it sent me in to labor. I struggled with this decision too, but also wanted to provide her any protection I could, if possible.

I went in to labor exactly one week later (started as normal contractions). My daughter was just fine–6lbs5oz.

Second dose was a lesser sore arm than the first dose.

1 Like

In all honesty they don’t know if there will be long lasting effects or if something will show up later. No one can tell you. It’s still in testing phase maybe all the babies will be fine but it will be years before you know for sure

7 Likes

https://1000covidstories.com/
Please think about it and don’t rush your decision it is your body your choice but just remember it is an experiment, Docters are getting paid massively, this is one of the biggest resets of the world today and the CDC have said children under 18 and pregnant/nursing shouldn’t

7 Likes

My best friend got hers while pregnant. Her baby girl was 100% healthy. I got mine while breastfeeding. Baby boy is happy and healthy.

2 Likes

I’m currently pregnant and will not get it during pregnancy OR after for that matter. It really depends on what YOU think is best for you and your baby.

4 Likes

I waited til my daughter was 10 months old to get my first shot. I wasn’t going to get one while she was so young but now that I can see if/how the shot affected her immediate family and she’s to the age where I’m not her sole form of nutrition I felt comfortable with getting one.

But if I was pregnant no. But that’s just my views

My sister in law got it. She’s got a beautiful healthy baby boy now.

They will ask if your pregnant and advise against it them selfs if you answer yes .

Last place i’de get advice on this is on Facebook…full of peoples opinions. Get a few different medical persons advice

1 Like

I had both shots and I didn’t feel good but i also had covid shortly before my first dose so my immune system was still trying to heal itself . Getting covid was definitely worse than the side effects from the vaccine and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and my baby boy is still doing great . It is your choice to get it dont feel ashamed to get it or not . Do what you think is best !

1 Like

I haven’t gotten it and I don’t plan on it and I don’t plan on having my kids get it either. I’m not putting my kids and I health at risk for a vaccine that was approved by the fda while being in the experimental stage and it has killed alot of people.

6 Likes

Research it. I read a story… a lady lost her baby after she got the shot.

2 Likes

Don’t do it, not now, not EvEr!

3 Likes

I am 32 weeks pregnant. Did not get the covid vaccine. Wasn’t planning on it either. I’m not anti vax or anything. But it’s so new and there’s not enough info on long term effects on you or your baby. Have heard stories of people miscarrying also, or pre term labor after receiving it.

5 Likes

I know several women, including myself, who’ve gotten the vaccine while pregnant. All moms and the babies are fine.

2 Likes

I’m breast feeding and asked my kids doctor about it she said she does not recommend anyone getting it while pregnant but for me she said she’d recommend me waiting until my baby is 6 months to get it if I wanted to.

I know several people who have gotten it while pregnant and have had zero issues:).

2 Likes

Not recommended to get while pregnant!

I would be careful getting it while breastfeeding as well. I’ve not seen any studies down on it’s effect to breastmilk

1 Like

Why would you rush to this like it’s from the hands of God himself? Slow down… I wouldn’t even take a Tylenol when I was pregnant because I dont trust what they “say they know” about the effects. I’d never in a million years put some brand new gene altering weird concoction in my body ESPECIALLY while I was pregnant!

4 Likes

You can still get covid with the shot so is it really worth getting it?

2 Likes

I was over 20w when I received the Plifter vaccine. No reactions or issues. Babygirl is healthy and will be born here shortly❤️. Herd immunity is so important!!!

1 Like

I personally won’t be, I don’t get the flu shot either, mines more because I don’t live close to anywhere with immediate risk of covid, and I’ve had bad reactions to flu shot and other shots ( while not pregnant), and dont want to risk ending up in hospital again, midwife has recommended it, but I just don’t feel 100% about it, and gut is telling me not to.

Yall with the shot and getting the shot…you know it’s not protecting any of yall against the delta variant right? Soo why even get a vaccine that ISNT protecting sh*t? Don’t even know the side effects that could happen 10 years down the road BECAUSE you decided to get that super duper shot. And while pregnant? What if something were to happen to your baby down the road because you got that shot? Idk…too many questions and not enough solid answers…so I’d say no, absolutely not. :100:

And if anyone disagrees or doesn’t like my comment just keep scrolling because this is my opinion, just like everyone else’s on here. :black_heart::v:t2:

5 Likes

What ever you are comfortable with mama. I am due in October. I got the vaccine during the first trimester of pregnancy I was always stressing about getting sick and with everything opening up and summer plans, it put my mind at ease, now with the Delta virus I’m really happy I got the vaccine when I did. Good luck!

I got both doses… my baby is ok kicking and moving and I’m okay… this is not an opinion but experience. So many people on here giving you opinions when you never asked for their opinion.lol.

1 Like

Got it. Me and kiddo are fine.

My niece got it and her and her baby are doing fine. It’s your body! It’s your choice!

We KNOW that Covid kills. We KNOW that Covid does permanent damage to those who survive it. We KNOW that. The vaccine has very low incidence of negative effects. It is extremely rare to experience poor outcomes from the vaccine. Fear is a powerful motivator and the controversy over the vaccines is entirely unwarranted. Talk to your doctor and if your doctor reccomends the vaccine for you, get the vaccine.

1 Like

I heard a podcast from a world renowned virologist who pointed out that in the first human clinical trials of all of these vaccines pregnant women were excluded. Now they are being pushed on pregnant women. My daughter’s midwife, who says she has no patience for extremists on vaccines told her that since she just had a mild case of Covid weeks ago (as did the entire family), it was safer to skip it this time and that she was probably loaded with antibodies. By the time she gets the jab we’ll have better info on safety and efficacy.

I’m 31 weeks pregnant and I received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine before it was recalled for blood clots, not sure if its had an effect on my pregnancy but I did develop high blood pressure during this pregnancy which I didnt have before. Not sure if it’s even related but other than that I been fine and baby is growing on track .

I would never, there are no long term studies on these vaccines for pregnant women

1 Like

My friend got her first shot in Jan & 2nd shot Feb, and baby arrived last week Feb. She’s an ER nurse with two kinder kids. She had a healthy delivery for baby #3 and he’s about 5 mths now and doing well. Sone people aren’t comfortable taking a flu shot while pregnant, but others are. Your health history and current pregnancy circumstances are important factors. Talk to your doctor and do what feels right for you.

1 Like

Everyone is going to have different experiences because everyone’s body reacts differently to things. Just like one person may have allergic reactions to medication and another may not. Just like everyone else you have a choice to choose. Don’t listen to the pressure of others, or Facebook “professionals”

6 Likes

I got mine at 32 and 35 weeks and gave birth to a healthy baby girl with protective antibodies. She’ll be 4 months Monday and is nursing well, growing well, and hitting all milestones early or on time.

These scare stories are a friend of a friend’s great-uncle’s coworker and are unsubstantiated.

I recommend checking an evidence based group such as Covid 19 Vaccine-Evidence Based Group: Pregnancy, Lactation, TTC & Children

6 Likes

My work is requiring the vaccination for employment but is allowing a medical exemption for pregnancy and breastfeeding. I will not be getting it till after baby.

2 Likes

Its a hard choice. I’m a breastfeeding mom, my OB said getting the vaccine " would most likely be fine" and my primary care doctor said based on my individual risk factors he would advise waiting until more research is done. My take away was that pregnant women could potentially have an increased of severe illness with covid, but there just isn’t enough research done. Listen to your heart and know that the decision you make will be best for YOU and yours.

I’m still in the early stages of pregnancy but my OB literally told me that he recommends me getting it bc if we catch covid then both myself and the baby could die from it. He said I have a weakened immune system bc I’m pregnant. The best of luck to anyone who gets it, I am just worried something in the shot could hurt the baby

I have no received the vaccine, nor do I plan to until it’s been out longer. But I came here to say that me and my little one has not been sick ONCE her whole first year of her life since we’ve been breastfeeding. I know that doesn’t do much for YOU, but breastfeeding alone has MANY AMAZING benefits.

I got my doses at 6 and 7 months and have zero regrets. Delivered a healthy 8lb baby 11 days early.

2 Likes

Whoever asked this questions amazing! this been on my mind also bt iv decided to gt it. Both ob i work with highly encourage it. Iv Held off till my 3rd trimester and all people around me are vaccinated. I Also have 2 yr old and the best protection is to be vaccinated for her sake. I think Its a hard decision bt like someone said already outway your pros and cons and if you are someone with preexisting get it. Im on the same boat. Very Concerned for PP effects on baby most
of all bt everyone iv asked has been fine from it.

I feel there isn’t enough information on long term effects because it hasn’t been out that long so there’s no way to know how it will effect the baby in 1 year or 5 or 10 but it’s your choice and it’s up to you

1 Like

I got it during my third trimester. No bad reaction the first doss, and only fatigue during my second dose. Baby boy was born a little less than 2 weeks after not second dose. He is happy and healthy.

I will also state that I’ve been the mom who gets the flu shot, pertussis vaccine, etc during my pregnancies. I do everything I can do to help my babies survive childhood, including helping them avoid preventable diseases.

I got it while nursing my daughter, she is doing great rn. :heartpulse:

1 Like

My doctor advised me to get the vaccine. I chose moderna and got the first dose at 17 weeks and the second dose at 20 weeks. We’ve had ultrasounds since then and everything is fine. Baby is healthy and so am I.

1 Like

I wouldnt get it in general

Not personally, but I have three friends currently pregnant, one that gave birth 9 days ago, and one just a few months ago. Apparently there is something in our water. All have been vaccinated. Both that have delivered had no complications. The others are all doing well too. One of them is due in about two weeks and she’s had a great pregnancy. I also have a friend that recently delivered. She was not vaccinated and did get Covid. Her birth was fine and no complications with her baby.

My friend just lost her unborn baby three days after getting to shot. She was 7 months along with a completely normal pregnancy. Got sick right after the shot and lost the baby. It is different for everyone. It’s just something you have to be willing to risk

1 Like

I’m so glad I’m NOT faced with making such an important decision! So proud of you for trying to do the best, safest thing for your baby.
At this point, if I was in your shoes I’d get it. But totally understand why you are hesitant! Good luck!

1 Like

I’m 6 mths pregnant and get my 2nd shot monday. I discussed every month with my doctor. I to was worried. I still do but we had to do what was best for our family. My son starts high school next week so we just didn’t want to take the chance.

1 Like

I had one shot while pregnant and one right after birth. My child is 4 months and we are both excelling

1 Like

I listened to a radio show this morning about this on npr. You can look it up and get some great info.

Please talk to your healthcare professional.

As far as I know a relative/ cousin in the USA received the Pfizer vaccine while she was pregnant because she works at a hospital. So far, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

I got the shot in my 3rd trimester and when I got the first one I was very tired but no other side effects…my second shot was good.

1 Like

I’d be afraid that with not enough testing to see how it will mess with baby during preg and after, that it could cause the baby to have something wrong with it ( now some women have taking it while preg and they and the babies are fine, but not all mothers and babies are the same)…because this shot was made in almost a year when usually it takes years to make a vaccine… Ultimately its your decision. I’m not dr and most of us on this page aren’t. Just go with your gut instinct. Theres always a risk with anything you take while pregnant. But is it one your willing to take. Do the risks of covid (that you might or might not get) out way the mystery of what might or might not happen if you take the shot. These are questions that right now no one really knows.

Considering it is not FDA approved and was just made in under a year an a half of this virus being out. You wouldn’t catch me getting this vaccine in the first place but much less carrying my newborn child. Just IMO.

5 Likes

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE talk with your OBGYN vs so called Facebook medical “experts.” Your physician should be the one answering this question. Way to many politics on social media.

3 Likes

I would never poison my child with anything let alone something that isn’t researched enough and is causing people to seize after having the shot… no thank you. Kinda like asking if you should do drugs while pregnant only that vaccine is probably worse

5 Likes

I’m due with my second son in November. I got both Moderna vaccines in my 1st trimester. OB said to take Tylenol so I wouldn’t get a fever. Sore arm and felt sick for 2 days after second shot but we’re fine and baby is growing healthy! OB also said he will be born protected versus my 1 year old born last year. Btw since I have gotten vaccinated, people have called me a microchipped sheep and that I’m killing my son. None of that is true, but be prepared for the bullies :persevere:

5 Likes

I’m 15 weeks and not getting it. My doctor said there wasn’t enough studies done with pregnant people for him to comfortably recommend. I have seen on a few other mom pages that people have gotten it and miscarried a few days after and that just sounds like too much of a coincidence to me.

1 Like

I am fully vaccinated, however if I was pregnant I would not. No way.

I have three friends who were all pregnant this past year and all received the vaccine at varying stages in their pregnancy. All are fine and their babies are healthy. One of them is married to an ER doctor and her OB strongly advised getting the vaccine due to added risk of that profession. I would think having children in school would be also high risk

4 Likes

It was highly recommended not to get it while
I was still breastfeeding. There have been no studies to see how safe the vaccine is for kids

I’m 12 weeks and I had to go get it due to my work I was super scared and worried but iv completed both my vaccines and my baby is super healthy and had no side effects no either of them

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I held off for the longest time because I was scared but after lots of research and now the rise in cases again I decided that getting the shots were best for myself and my baby. I got the first shot a week ago and due for the second in a few weeks. So far no side effects and baby is doing great!

1 Like

When I went to my doctor they told me it was recommended for pregnant women, because of the immunity for the baby, I got mine when I was about 26 weeks when I got mine and I am 31 weeks now and I have had no issues at all. I hope this helps☺️

3 Likes

Yes, I got it in my 2nd trimester I am now in my 3rd and we are doing fine.

I got mine and had no side effects besides a sore arm for a day :blush: