Has anyone had a hysterectomy by choice?

I don’t think you can get a hysterectomy unless it’s medically necessary. Ask about getting your tubes tied or make your husband be responsible for once

3 Likes

I asked for a hysterectomy (35yro, 8kids, HIGH risks for hemmoraging when I have babies, has happened a couple times but we’re able to stop it)
I was denied. They said I could get a tubal ligation (however told me I would have to wait a month for it when I hemmoraged so I can get to a safe level, then insurance ended on me and I couldn’t get it😔 so trying to save for it on my own now) so ask not only your Dr BUT your insurance too!

You have to be medically deemed to have one, no doctor can do it because you want one, he should get snipped, all that will change for him is he will shoot blanks…

Yes I did. I had my surgery in Jan 2021. Left both ovaries. And it’s literally THE BEST decision I’ve ever made!!
No prior kids. No husband approval. Insurance covered, but I did have to pay $200 because I wouldn’t stop smoking.

1 Like

Tell him to stop being a Bi*ch and get a vasectomy!! I birthed 6 kids the least my husband did for me was get one! He knew I was absolutely done and I’ve refused birth control fully for the last 3yrs. :woman_shrugging: We definitely would be pregnant again if he didn’t go. My tubes weren’t an option with absolutely no help from anyone.

I have recently heard that studies show that a hysterectomy will take a few years off your life. Do your research before considering this as a choice.

4 Likes

I had a partial hysterectomy. And lost my sex drive.:woman_facepalming:

I had a hysterectomy when I was 28, ovaries left, so did not go through menopause until later in life. I was very happy it happened.

Men are such jerks when it comes to this. We birthed a damn child and had months of misery and hours of horrible pain amongst every thing else and they can’t be hurt for 3 days to a week. Tell him you refrain from sex till he does it.

No a hysterectomy can not be by choice but you can have the uterine ablation done. I had my tubes tied, then the ablation done. No cramps, no monthly cycle, no babies. Life is great!

1 Like

Most GYNECOLOGY doctors won’t snipe your tubes in til the female is 33 years old. But will not do a hysterectomy unless it is medically needed. You only run into more issues post hysterectomy. I had one in my 40’s and have urinary incontinence. Dry vagina, weight gain. Sex was no longer fun or enjoyable. You could do other birth control but have no periods. It has higher risk factors but no periods. Ask your doctor!!!

I agree! We go through all the trouble! So I just said hey I’m not taking anything! So my hubby went and got snipped :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

I had mine at 42. I lied and said I was having alot of break thru bleeding. I had my tubes tied 15 yrs before. Mine was actually done laperscopic (spelled wrong). I had more pain from the tubal than a complete hysterectomy. I don’t take hormones and at 60 I have hot flashes, that’s all. My daughter had a complete at 26 for medical reasons, also no hormones or problems. I highly recommend it if possible. But also agree your titty baby and should get snipped. Good luck!

I had a vaginally partial hysterectomy best thing ever. Not painful much at all ne periods and you hit menopause naturally they also take your tubes so the risk of cancer is almost nil

If you have a total hysterectomy there will be side effects , hormonal shifts amd you will need to take a hormone replacement pill. It is a longer recovery for you 6 weeks plus. Your husband can have a vasectomy and go right to work the same day.

He should get snipped. His is reversible yours won’t be!

I had my baby in February and went back for my 6 week check up. I was already planning on getting my tubes tied but had one removed due to cysts and then 2 weeks later after they got results back I had cervical adenocarcinoma. He let me choose if I wanted the hysterectomy to save time and not have to deal with the doctors and pain but I chose the hysterectomy I think I still have 1 ovary left and they took out everything else. Now I’m enjoying not having a period or the cramping even tho I still keep pads and tampons around in case someone needs them

I had one done after my second child was born. Actually, it was the day after because I knew that I didn’t want more than 2 kids. I had a lot of cramping and bled like a mf but it only lasted about a week and then I was back to normal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it was a tough choice because I thought I wanted a girl. I have 2 boys and I’m glad I stopped there because I knew financially I didn’t really want more than 2 kids :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Trust me menopause is far worse!!! Not having oestrogen and no period sucks!!! My hubby had a vasectomy and it is brilliant!!! In and out in an hour :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had to for fibroids, but wish I could have done long time ago, think it affects everyone different, but have not had any issues

Yes you can get it by choice. It’s easier to find a doct to do it if you have medical need for it. But yes you can get it done. It’s not his obligation to get snipped just cause you don’t wanna be bothered with birth control. If you don’t want me. Making you do things you don’t want to, don’t try to make a man do something he doesn’t want to.

I have two kids, first baby was when I was 30. I have been told I need a hysterectomy and advised to get one as I have a prolapsed uterus (womb) from a bad labour. I’m terrified to have one but living in this pain everyday is unbearable. I need to build up the courage to just book this operation x

I don’t think most doctors would remove a healthy organ for convenience. That’s what they would say

If he’s done having kids it’s his turn to make a sacrifice for the family … in my opinion.

2 Likes

Best choice I’ve made

Had to get one after 2 children because of cancer best thing for me no more periods or cramping it’s been great no matter reason I had one your man is being selfish he should have vasectomy it’s the least he can do

I certainly had no regrets. I had a hysterectomy with ovaries left in place which means no periods and no hormone replacement. Love it!