Has anyone had a sub hemorrhage in pregnancy and carry to term?

So I found out I was pregnant two weeks ago. VERY good thing. My fiance and I had been trying since April, and this is my 2nd (I miscarried at roughly four weeks in 2018), But anyway, I went in for my first appointment this morning. I’m measuring at five weeks six days, which is earlier than I thought lol, but I got to see my baby and hear the heartbeat, so it felt pretty good. But I’m posting right now because they said that I have a hemorrhage, and she just explained what caused it and told me that it was nothing to worry about. Well now I’m laying in bed and looked it up and found out that it’s a sub hemorrhage (she didn’t say what it was actually called) and usually goes away on its own (just like she told me) but there have been lots of women who have said they had it burst and ended up miscarrying, some said they had it burst and was put on bed rest for remainder of pregnancy, and some said it went away on its own within a couple of weeks, etc. I’m just wondering what experiences you all have had if you had one of these. Like, what can I do best in my power to prevent it, aside from bleeding, is there any signs I should look out for if it bursts? How did you end up after it burst or if you had one, how long did it take to go away? I know I’m early, and there’s always that chance something could happen, but I’m just trying to learn everything I can because I miscarried before, and it was extremely hard on me even tho I only knew for two days and wasn’t even trying at all. I work part-time at sonic and the aside from moving a lot like making drinks or whatnot (I stand at window slot for the most part) I fill big buckets of ice to dump in the ice trays and I don’t know how heavy but its a bucket about 2 feet tall with a handle that I fill up with ice, and sometimes it can be a tiny, tiny struggle to lift (I’m a strong women) if I’ve been doing a lot already but should I tell my manager I can’t do that to be safe or should it still be okay? I just need some help and any info you all have because the lady at OB didn’t give me much. Aside from part-time at sonic, I just stayed at home and lay down like 80% of the time aside from cleaning or cooking. Thank you in advance for any help

8 Likes

Id get a second opinion. I never heard of that. I hope someone can give you answers asap

I had one and found out due to heavy bleeding. My daughter is 2 now. It went away on its own a few months later.

I did. They found it at my first ultrasound. Said the word is a lot more scary than what it was. Said it was possible for me to have some bleeding. Never had and bleeding and my son was born 11/6 :blush: trust your dr

I had one and I am holding my 6 week old right now. They are very common in IVF pregnancies and most have no issues. It looks and sounds scarier than it is.

I had one during my current pregnancy. It went away on its own.

I have one now. I am 17 weeks pregnant and have bleed everything single day and no signs of it stopping. They had my on bed rest but since it didnt help the bleeding she said there is no point on being bed rest. And now i have complete placenta previa which is also causing me to bleed as well

I had one with my son, and sadly mine ended with a miscarriage. However, I was also under a LOT of stress with him, due to his father (who im no longer with now) and that had a LOT to do with it as well. But ive know several women who have had it and carried to term and their babies are healthy as can be. My advice is just to take it easy, stay off the internet, and keep yourself as calm as you can. :grin:

I did with my first at 6 weeks and then by 22 weeks it was gone. He was 8 days late

I had one and was bleeding large clots went to the ER and found out what it was and I was around around 6-8 weeks, went away by 11-12 weeks and was no longer seen on the ultrasound. My son is 2 now and I was induced 5 days early (39 weeks 2 days)No problems.

I had one. She said i had a hematoma and then it turned into a placental abruption. I carried to 33+5. But my placenta was taking from her so they took her early. I was worried but my doctor absolutely wasnt.

I had one and 2 placental lakes. Lots of monitoring for growth and delivered a 9 pound baby. He’s 15 months now

I had one with two pregnancies. Those babies are 8 and 20 yrs old now…my only major issue was heavy bleeding off and on for a few months or so… Id absolutely take it easy though and stop lifting the buckets of ice.

1 Like

I has 2 subchorionic hemorrhaging at 12 weeks (one on each side of the placenta) and I am now at 21 weeks and 2 days, and everything is just fine, I do have an anterior placenta so I do still have to take things easy… when i had the subchorionic hemorrhaging it took a few weeks to heal and I had to be pretty much on bed rest, but sure enough it resolved on it’s own.

For me it didn’t burst, but I was put on bed rest. I went into labor a week early, healthy baby. Did you talk to your doctor about the lifting of ice? Seems like something you should avoid.

I had one and carried to term. 38 weeks.

I have one or did too. And I’m 5 months pregnant now. I bled 3 times in the beginning. But she’s strong and is healthy. So you can carry and deliver

I had a subchornic hemerage with my daughter bled from 6weeks-21 weeks very horrible heavy bleeding. But my daughter went to term and she is healthy :two_hearts:

Don’t pick up the ice bucket at all. No heavy lifting. No sex as little stress on you as possible

I had one. They found out during my first ultrasound which was also at 6 weeks. I was on medication and complete bed rest. Ultrasound done every 2 weeks. But the bleed is still there but decreasing. This went on for almost 3 months. Then it cleared up. My baby is 19months old now.

I had a sub chorionic hemorrhage. I found out that I was pregnant at 5 weeks and 2 days due to spotting. I bled my whole first trimester. Then nothing but I was high risk my whole pregnancy for others problems. And he went to full term and now he is 4 months old. :revolving_hearts: praying for you and your family that things go smoothly and healthy :heart:

I had one and it went away just fine it was about 6-7 weeks when they found it

I had a sub chorionic hemorrhage rupture 2 times, the first time I thought I was miscarrying(although I never have before but the amount of blood was very alarming) anyway all was fine and the baby was born without complications!

I had one with this pregnancy. I started bleeding and cramping early on and was convinced it was a miscarriage. I was around 5 or 6 weeks. I was even told I may miscarry (im also 43) well i went two weeks later and it was gone…it had dissolved and I havent had any issues since…I’m now almost 18 weeks and having a boy and everythint is going well! I wasn’t given any restrictions.

1 Like

my brothers girlfriend had one with her current pregnancy early on (6-8 weeks) and she is 20 weeks today and fine

I woke up in the middle of the night bleeding, got in my car in my pajamas and went straight to the ER. they turned the monitor away from me and I yelled at them to turn it back. I didn’t know what I was looking at really but if it was the last time i had to see my daughter still in my tummy that I wanted and needed to see her. Turns out it was the same thing you have. Sounds and looks very scary. I went on to have her full term and she is a happy healthy almost 6 year old. :blush: Hopefully this makes you feel better mama.

1 Like

I had two and now 9 years old and 2 months :heart:

I did. Even to told I would miscarry and was sent home with meds to start cramping. I’m so glad I tossed them and took off work and stayed off my feet and prayed. And God showed out

2 Likes

Ahhh yes, disregard a medical professionals words but go by what Google says. Makes total sense :rofl:

I had one from 8 weeks due to a fall at work and I carried my daughter to term @ 38ish weeks when she pushed her way out :joy: seriously nothing to worry about, just take it easy and they’ll monitor it

I had one at 8 weeks and it went away within 2 weeks. It’s seriously nothing to worry about

I had one with my oldest. I started bleeding at 6 weeks and it lasted until 26 weeks. Trigger? I was told I was going to miscarry. It was horrible. I saved every big clot I passed in case it was my baby and would go back to the doctor for an ultrasound to see if everything had passed. Every time, there he was wiggling away. It really messed with my mind. I went on pelvic rest early and put myself on modified bedrest when I hit 22 weeks. At 26 weeks I had a massive bleed and then nothing after that. I went on to have a normal pregnancy and had him on his due date.

I had one both pregnancies. My first pregnancy my sch was so large that it took up 80% of my uterus. I went to 3 different doctors, and they all basically told me that I should be preparing to miscarry. I went home and put myself on bedrest and at my 9 week appt it had pretty much cleared up. The only issue I had was I spotted for the entire pregnancy. Second one was smaller and I also had spotting then too. I wouldnt worry too much especially if your doctor isnt concerned. Just avoid heavy lifting and rest whenever you can

I had a suchorionic hematoma and was on bedrest from week 6 to 13 before the bleeding stopped. My son will be 2 in January. It CAN rupture and cause miscarriage BUT most of them heal on their own. Take it easy. Go slow. Prayers, Mama

1 Like

Had one with ALL 4 of my pregnancies. They do go away. And i carried to term with my last when it was there longer than usual.

I had one with my first pregnancy…I bled for the first 16 weeks. I was convinced I was miscarrying but didnt. It was gone at my 20 week scan. It was a very nerve wracking time for the first 16 weeks as it appeared to be alot of blood!!

I had one with my youngest around 11 weeks. Scary as hell, but I’ve got a healthy 3.5 yo :blush:

Sure did!! My friend did as well

They found mine when it burst… and nothing happened. I went about my life.

I had one with my son, I bled a lot but he’s 5 years old now. I don’t remember them telling me if it went away or not but I guess it did? I don’t know either way, he’s here and it was fine aside from the bleeding.

I had one with the last pregnancy (twins) and was told the same. Chance of miscarriage… I bled until I was almost 20 weeks and it cleared up on its own. Carried my twins to 38 weeks and they were born healthy at 6 lbs 10 oz and 7 lbs I wouldn’t stress to much although I know it’s hard not to! Think positive girl! And take it easy!

My step daughter had a sub chorionic hemorrhage with our grandson. She delivered him at 22 weeks and he didn’t make it. Definitely listen to your Dr., bed rest and no sex.

I had mine burst and I lost twin. Carried one fullterm. Was on bedrest for 5 weeks after . Then continued my pregnancy normally for rest of it. My daughter is 12 now.

My daughter had one my healthy and happy grandson will be 4 in April.

I am currently 22 weeks and around 14-16 weeks I started bleeding HEAVY so I went to the ER. It turned out to be a sub chorionic hemorrhage that wasn’t caught on any ultrasounds. I didn’t miscarry and my baby boy is doing just fine according to my OB. It can cause miscarriage but not in every case.

I have it this pregnancy, I bled week 6 to week 12. I haven’t heard anything more about it and I am 28 weeks Saturday. (I was told to not lift over 10 lbs for awhile).

I had subchoriotic hemorrhages (2 small tears) at my 10 weeks ultrasound. Minor bleeding. Wasn’t told anything like I needed bedrest. But I was told to take it easy. At 12 weeks, they were going away on their own. At 16 weeks we found out my baby had stopped growing. Baby was measuring 14 weeks with no heartbeat.
Please do not Google anything. If you are concerned or dont know much about something, please please go talk to your provider. Google can turn something simple and common into death. It can be very misleading.

Me. I delivered at 39 wks, 8lb 1 oz baby boy!