Has anyone had negative pregnancy tests but was actually pregnant?

Yes, we were trying to convince so I was practically taking a test every single day. I was super sad after a negative result, but approximately 4 days later, it was positive!:pray::blue_heart:

Yes with my forth child theist was neg and I was so glad but two weeks later I was so sick went to the hospital and they ran test didn’t know what was going them the doc comes and a say I’m 4 months I cried!!!

1 Like

Yes and said baby is 2 and 1/2 months old now. My pysch meds supressed my hormones so the test were coming out inconclusive and negative, took myself of and once they were out of my system we had a positive test.

I am currently a few days late of my expected period but I also have history of endometriosis. But I have had three kids. All after surgeries. So it could be you have endometriosis I still have cramping but I’m pretty sure I’m not pregnant.

If it’s been 4-5 weeks you’ll get a most deff positive /negative it took me that long with my second and third kid.

1 Like

Yes I have … recently I bought tons of test all negative finally when I least expected and almost 2 months of no period it came out positive. I went to dr and confirmed I was 5 weeks not 9 weeks from my last menstrual. Go get a confirmation at the dr office and request sonogram also…

Yup! Took multiple ones and different kinds. Went to the Dr because I thought something was wrong with me, I had zero signs I was pregnant except a missed period. I ended up being 11 weeks pregnant

You could have ovulated late and conceived late, meaning that you wouldn’t have a positive test until later past your cycle! Happened to me! I didnt have a positive test until 2 days before my 2nd expected period!

4 Likes

I did, but was in 1983. I knew I was pregnant, I was throwing up a portion of everything I ate. My last cycle was 1/83? I took a couple of home pregnancy tests AND 2 at the OB’s office.
ALL were negative. Until I was into my 2nd trimester, 3.5 mo pregnant and the OB did a blood test.THAT came back positive.i had morning/all day sickness for 6 mo.

Me. None of them come up. I even tried again at 33 weeks just because, and still was negative

1 Like

yep took 5 test within 2 months! but i really was pregnant and now have a 3 1/2 year old go to health dept or regular physician to get a test

Yes, I had two negative test on a Friday, very very faint line next Sunday and positive on Monday.

1 Like

Yes! I took tests for 9 consecutive Saturday’s and ‘knew’ I was pregnant but all the tests were negative (different brands & all). Then on Christmas Eve, we stopped in our way home from service and the text I took that night was positive!

It’s easy to get a false negative. Sometimes your body just isnt producing enough pregnancy chemicals to show on test. I had a false positive once. doctor said it was because I was breastfeeding.

Yes, I always come up negative. My hormones are off and affect the test. I usually have to get blood tests to confirm. Although if theyre negative your insurance usually wont pay for them, so I usually wait a bit to make sure.

My tests with my first were all negative until about 16 weeks and at that point I had an ultrasound to make sure the due date was right. With my second i didnt even bother taking tests at home I just scheduled for the blood test and it came back positive.

1 Like

I had a faint positive 5 days early and then it went negative. I’m not sure but I think I lost it early and then it took two and a half weeks to pass that’s how long it took to get my period after it was initially due.

That happened to me, the best ones I had were actually the cheap ones under a dollar at walmart, they tested positive, while all the others were inconclusive

1 Like

Yep mine said negative and I was also still getting my period went in at 4 months cause I was still throwing up got a ultrasound found out I was 4 months pregnant and that he was boy all in the same day. Kept having a period till I was 6 months pregnant then it went away.

2 Likes

Yes, I took my first test and it was negative, put it in the box and into the trash. A couple days later still didn’t get my period so I took another it was also negative. When I went to grab the box to put the test into I pulled out the other and it now said positive, same thing happened to the second test later on in the day

I remember doing a test every week for weeks they all thought I was mad till they had to a scan and I was 9 weeks said it happens sometimesx

No but you are more likely to get a false negative than a false positive as sometimes when you test the hormone levels just aren’t strong enough so it comes out negative when it should be positive, then you get the faulty tests and stuff on top of that

1 Like

Yes, if you take it too early it can come up negative, thats what happened to me. Wait another week or 2 and take another one

Me! I was nursing so I think it threw off my results. After my baby weaned at 15 months I got my positive test… lol… I was 18 weeks preggo😂

1 Like

Why am I going through this exact thing right now what a huge coincidence for this post to be made. I’m late and my first test was negative didn’t think to take another one and I still have no period after waiting a few days :grimacing:

I was really late. I didn’t find out until I was 12 weeks and had taken several negative tests.

Yes didn’t get a positive for ages went for my scan 3 days after doctor got a positive and I was 19 weeks with my second then with my 6th I was 22 weeks 5 days

My tests were negative and I was pregnant. They couldn’t conclude that I was pregnant until I took three blood tests for three weeks. Then I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks.

Yep. My second child the first THREE tests were negative. The last one I was two months along. Eventually got a blood test at the health department when I was 3 months along and it was positive.

I took a test at home it was very faint, went to the dr they did a urine test it was negative, but I knew I was pregnant so I took another at home test the next day same thing it was faint so they did a blood test and it was positive.

You can be pregnant and test negative because the pregnancy hormones aren’t prominent or you could feel pregnant have all the early signs of pregnancy and test negative because you aren’t actually pregnant and your hormones are out of wack. I recommend getting a blood test.

1 Like

yep. I always had to take a few to get the positive result. Just wait a day or two and try again.

My bestie yes, never tested positive with both kids. Myself I started getting cysts on ovaries after 2and baby…went a few months no period. Had twins!

Yes I had all negative tests and still felt pregnant so I went and got a blood test done and I ended up being 9 weeks pregnant

Yup. My first test came back negative the second a few days later was a faint positive. Turned out i was 6 weeks.

Yes pregnant with my first one negative with every test I bought… Blood test n ultrasound was only way I got confirmed… Even when I was 9 months pregnant I bought one just to see what it would say it said negative.

Yess happened with my second child n third baby but when it happens it’s because your hormones are not to hight for the Pregency test to detected it yet

Yes it can take awhile before your hcg level is high enough for a test to read

My mama got negatives till she was 3.5 months with my younger sibling with drug store pee tests and dr office pee tests only showed up on blood work

I am Chad’s wife Steph. I had several tests come back neg. I had to have a blood test done with our youngest. If there’s any doubt ask for a blood test. Good luck!!

I have. I took 3 blood test and many at home test but i knew i was pregnant. They did one final blood test that said i was

I knew I was pregnant when i missed my cycle by 1 day but all the test came negative until the 4th week then I got a faint line.

My blood test at the hospital was negative but all my urine tests were positive lol tests can be wrong

Yes… Only blood tests came back as positive when i was pregnant with my son

I was actually told I couldn’t get pregnant and it was time to consider fertility treatments… turns out was pregnant :grin::woman_shrugging:

I have. Took two… pee sticks. They came up negative. I was actually pg. doctor said they might have been bad

Yup I had done test with my 1st born over 3 times and kept coming up negative then I has implantation bleeding did it again after and the test shown positive

Yes I was 11 weeks pregnant with my oldest before a test would show positive.

Yes I kept getting negative until I was halfway through my second trimester.

Yes my dr gave me a pee test in office and it said negative same day sent me to get blood work and i was 4 months pregnant

My first pregnancy was like that until I was 3 months pregnant. Urine tests kept coming back negative.

I had 2 months of negative… docs was convinced I was having a phantom pregnancy due to losing a baby not long before, took them to do bloods then went for a scan by then 10weeks pregnant x

Yes. And always use your first morning urine for home tests.

Yup- with baby 2. I knew I was pregnant- but for weeks I kept getting negative.

A friend of mine did. It wasn’t until she had a confirmed ultrasound to let her know she was preggers.

I’ve took probably about 6 , all faint lines took a digital and it was negative. Tomorrow is 3 weeks late blood work next week it’s killing me I want a yes or no not a guessing game lol

Yes I have

Went to the GP to have a negative test come back. I knew I was pregnant so I asked for bloods to be taken and sure enough I was pregnant :pregnant_woman:

Never got a positive test at all with my 1st. Only showed in my blood

You may be early for the HCG levels to pick up on the urine home test…

Well April 2020 I had a normal period then in May I had 1 day of spotting then June I totally missed a period but 2 weeks ago I experienced 5-6 days of very light pinkish spotting and then just 3 days ago now I have had very light pinkish spotting also. 4 weeks ago at the dinner table I was experiencing a metalic taste in the mouth and dinner was not appealing and experienced heartburn/stomach burn sensations for a whole week so I’m unsure what it’s all about. I have also gained weight it’s ridiculous. I have had 3 successful pregnancies in the past where I’ve still had periods and neg tests.

My 1 St test showed pregnant, 2nd text health department said negative my 3rd test Drs office said positive.

all me pee test were negative but i came up positive in a blood test just like my mom…

Yep. Mine was positive a couple weeks after I KNEW I was pregnant but test was negative.

Yes. I was late for a month, then had a 2 day period and got pregnant that following cycle

You can always get a false negative. But personally both times tests were positive within 10 days of conception

12 days late and 16 dpo here. Negative tests and I am exhausted.

I took about 10 tests and they were all negative but i was pregnant.

I was with my daughter 14 years ago I never once urine tested positive to be pregnant

I came back neg. On all, including the blood test until I was 6-8 weeks with both my boys :sweat_smile:

Happened with my first, dollar tree brand. Was already due for that month.

I took about 4 or 5 & they were all negative then I took one the next morning & sure enough I was pregnant

3 weeks late you more likely just skipped a period.

I got negatives up until I was 12 weeks pregnant

Yep did three all came back negative

Had to have blood test done when I was pregnant all of mine came back negative for some reason it never showed in a pee test

Yup. Even the bloodwork said I wasn’t pregnant with both of my pregnancies!

I did and went to the hospital and found out I was after taking five home pregnancy test

It’s very common to get false negatives before the 6/7 week

I know this girl who was 4 m pregnant and still showed negative but had no period so she had a feeling.

Yes 4 out of 5 were negative ended up being pregnant with twins

You must wait about 4-5 weeks for your body to produce enough HCG to be detected

Ok wait. So you are actually pregnant? You did the blood work?

It may be too soon. Wait a couple of days then retake

4 Likes

Go to your gp and get a blood test it will tell for certain.

It depends on your HCG levels.

Yep, my pregnancy’s never showed up on a pregnancy test, always had to have blood work.

1 Like

Yes for the first 3 months, blood tests said positive lol

Happened to me. I was almost two months along

Yes i was 10 weeks and 4 days

Yep with dollar store tests.

Yes! Request a blood test.

Have a blood test done

Not yet tho…thanks for the badge

I have once with my second pregnancy I was told I was pregnant and couple days went the parkland clinic in hospital I did have negative pregnancy test at time and they tried to set me up for dnc they though I had miscarried but they redid my blood test and pregnancy test I was still pregnant

Yes this happened to me and it ended up being a tubal pregnancy! I was coming up negative and then cam up positive and then negative and ended up in the ER because I had so much pain!

So I would definitely go in and check to see what’s up!

Good luck!

Yes, me! I finally went to my Dr and said that I must have cancer or something! I found out so late and then he was six weeks early. Shortest pregnancy ever!

Yep, I had two home pregnancy tests come back negative. I made an appointment with my doctor to get a blood test and that came back negative. I told them that I knew I was pregnant and I’ll be back. Two weeks later I tested positive.

Yeah youre just early.

Leigh Garcia-Maligaya

Yes! I took one as soon as I was a day late. It was negative. I retested 3 weeks later when I was still late and it was positive. My dr just said my cycle was off and it’s common. Definitely talk to you dr! Best of luck!

I was negative on every single test with my second and even continued my period with my first. Sometimes tests just suck. Other times your body just says naw we skipping this month.