Has anyone have a successful pregnancy after 2 ectopic pregnancies?

Does anyone have experience with ectopic pregnancy? I have had two. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2011, a baby in 2012, another baby in 2015, and I just experienced another ectopic last month. The first ectopic they had to take my entire right fallopian tube, but this time they didn’t have to take my right Fallopian tube, but I’m not sure how extensive the damage is to my remaining tube considering they had to go in and get the pregnancy out of it. My question is: Has anyone had a successful pregnancy after two previous ectopics? Should I just go the IVF route and plan a pregnancy with a doctor? Any recommendations. We really want baby #3 before I turn 30.

2 Likes

You wouldnt necessarily need IVF… IUI is where they put it in past cervix… might be something to look in

You can go for a procedure where they can check if your remaining tube is clear. Can’t remember the name but your doctor can send you with you having the ectopic pregnancies in the past. (They put a dye into your uterus and xray it numerous times while they do it) it is a bit uncomfortable and can make you feel a bit faint but you will have definite answers afterwards. Good luck to you and your partner in your journey x

IVF is easily for one stim cycle up to 30k without insurance. I had an ectopic pregnancy that led to me losing a tube then I got pregnant again and had a miscarriage so that’s when I turned to IVF.

You might be a good candidate for natural cycle IVF which is under 10k unmedicated. Considering you’ve gotten pregnant naturally. It doesn’t seem like an fertilization problem.