Has anyone switched from formula to oatmilk?

Has anyone gone from formula to oakmilk? My entire house got covid and, since then, my daughter (who just turned 1) can’t handle her formula. She either throws it up or it comes out aggressively, and painfully, out of her other end. She absolutely hates cows milk but loves oatmilk. Please don’t be mean, new momma here, just wanna make sure it’s ok for me to give it to her!

2 Likes

I think the only worry our pediatrician had about oat milk was the amount of fat and calories. Whole milk has a lot more.

I’ve never done oatmilk but after 12 months you can give them cow’s milk so I’m sure oatmilk would be okay, I could be wrong though probably best to ask Doctor xxxx

pretty sure it’s okay for her to have it! but i do know they still need fats & calories like whole milk has, id ask your dr what you could put her on to still provide her the fats/calories she needs

After formula we went to goat milk, my husband’s sister is a midwife and has 4 little ones she did it with, it was more gentle on the belly, and our daughter loved it

I wouldn’t be giving formula to a child over one anyway. I’d get her checked out for a dairy allergy/lactose intolerance etc and see how she is with lactose free milk or goat’s milk. I guess if you can ensure she’s getting calcium and vitamins from another source then oatmilk should be fine.

1 Like