Has anyone tried couples counseling?

Does anyone do couples counseling? If so, what made you start? Has it helped your issues?

5 Likes

Yes! But it only works if both of you are open to it.

1 Like

Yes, currently going for communication issues. It helps to be told from an unbiased source what’s causing the cycle. And help see things from the other persons perspective rather than how you perceive it. But both people definitely need to be putting in the work and want to fix it. It does work in helping understand each other better.

1 Like

Yes, but both individuals need to be willing to do their part.

1 Like

Only works if both are open and honest and willing to compromise together to move forward

1 Like

it can be very useful for couples who love each other but are having communication issues. Be aware that it does NOT work if one person is a sociopath abuser–they are very good at faking it and fooling counselors in to looking like the good guy and making the victim look crazy. If there is any abuse get counseling for yourself and get out–abusers do not change!

My husband and I went to couples counseling when we were the happiest we could be in our marriage. We both had trauma in our past that we didnt want to mess up the good thing we had. We used our sessions to work through our seperate pasts together and learned how to better support eachother in the real difficult times. It was amazing.

The counselor you choose is important. Someone told me it’s like finding the perfect pair of shoes. Some are uncomfortable to begin with, some feel okay than rub you the wrong way over time and then finally there’s the perfect fit. Be patient and good luck!

Hubby and I went about 11 years ago. We just didn’t have the tools to deal with conflict and our life goals weren’t in line anymore. The therapist helped us learn how to better communicate with each other, which made all the difference. We each have a better understanding of how the other person sees the world and our goals are now more in line with each other. Definitely worth it as long as you both are committed to change (not just changing each other) and find a therapist you both respect

1 Like

As long as you are not in an abusive relationship, and you’re both committed to the relationship, it can be a wonderful thing.

Doesnt work of both people arent committed to making a change.

4 Likes

My husband and I started going over a year ago, I wanted a divorce he just thought it would blow over eventually. We argued A LOT. We were both very skeptical that it would work, but it did! I had a lot of issues left over from a previous abusive relationship , he had issues dealing with the death of his daughter and a divorce . Our counselor is amazing! Sometimes you just need help from an outside perspective . We get along better and are more in love than we ever were. So I suggest you try it, for at least a year. The worst that can happen is that it doesn’t work out, but at least you tried. Good luck!

5 Likes

I went with my ex-husband and the therapist told me to get a divorce while in a private session. I didn’t listen at the time and continued with the marriage for another year. Ended up divorcing and thousands in debt…ended up marrying my husband I have now. Shouldve listen to the therapist sooner lol.

1 Like

i want to testify to the general public how my relationship was restored back by the great power’s of Dr Idahosa after six months of loneliness, my ex-lover called me after my contact with Dr Idahosa that he want us to come back and start a good home, now we are happily together again as lovers. All thanks to Dr Idahosa who did a love spell for me for my ex lover to return home. I will keep sharing this until people who also need help see this for his wonderful help. if you’re also Trying to conceive, get your natural fertility booster from Dr Idahosa it’s very effective and no side effects…herbs to help cleans your womb from any infections, herbs for sperm leakage, herbs to get rid of fibroid naturally
You can contact him now on whatsapp or call him +2348116774486
Email: [email protected]

We went because he wasn’t faithful on our relationship. Our therapist worked with us separately to see if therapy was a good fit for both of us. I guess when she was satisfied enough she put us together and we worked from there. This was 4 years ago and I think its worked out fine.

No but we have went to marriage conferences and they have been wonderful for our marriage. I think couples counseling is a really good thing for couples who both want to work through things.

Yes it does help, as long as both parties are willing to be helped. You need to keep an open mind and be ready to hear hard truths.

Nope, my exhusband thought it was lame.

i want want. But I don’t know how to start

This is the website I read about Dr Idahosa and contacted him to help me get my ex back to marry me during the month of May last year and I have come back here to post about him. Doctor Idahosa will help you solve your problem no matter what you are going through. Posting about a spell caster is very strange to me because I never believed i will be able to say that I was helped by a spell caster in bringing my wife back to me after 1 years and 4 months of no contact. I read about Doctor Idahosa from other websites and contacted him to help me and in less than 24 hours my wife called me and I was happy that she wants to get back to me. We met on monday and she said we need to get married,… It was the most beautiful day for me. Please everyone out here, Contact Doctor Idahosa to solve your problem for you and make you happy with your relationship that is hurting you. Love is the best feeling ever experienced. Email him at [email protected] or directly on WhatsApp him +2348116774486 Thanks Dr