Has anyones child had high lead levels?

Has anyone had a 1yr old with high lead levels? I have a 5 yr old and a 1yr old nothing different between the 2 at my 5yr old’s 12month appointment his was fine my 1yr just went and hers was high. Feeling defeated on what the cause is. Anybody have any insight that has gone through this?

2 Likes

Research heavy metal detoxes and start him on that. We went through the same thing when my 13 yr old was 3. His levels dropped within the 1st month of doing the detox

Alot of older toys have high levels of lead, old painted furniture that chipping, wall paint thats chipping

We had concerns as we were living in a historical home with 4 kids.so they were tested ever so often.unbelievable they were always within range.you can buy lead tests on Amazon and some hardware stores very inexpensive.if you have any environmental concerns i.e.older home older crib older pipes ect I’d start there.

If they did a heel prick on them to do the lead test it could be a false positive. Dirt can cause a false high reading. We ran into this with our son at his appointment come to find out they didn’t clean the area well enough and some dirt from his shoes was still present. We went back to redo the test and he was well with in completely normal range

2 Likes

Try running the bath water for 30 seconds before plugging the drain. Could be a lead pipe.

I had a kiddo with high blood lead levels and we couldn’t ever figure out why. Went for his follow up and he was fine

Unless it was an actual blood test, don’t be too concerned yet. My son had to get blood work done and it turned out the one at the dr office was false positive