Has anyones child had pinworms?

Anyone have experience with pinworms in their children looking for advice from parents who have had to deal with them before and how to properly sanitize my house to avoid reinfecting because according to the doctor I don’t have to but google says I do so I need personal experiences

5 Likes

I always have meds in for this and will do until my youngest is in secondary school :joy: just wash and clean bedding, give them their own towel and clean regularly :slight_smile: also sanitise the house where your child touches

I believe even on the packaging of the OTC stuff it says to wash bedding, and you want to treat the whole family. I have livestock and so I worm everyone in the house, the dogs cats and farm animals at the same time as well as wash all bedding. I wash everything to make me feel better.

I never heard of it until my baby had it!!! 2 kids never had it then boom the baby magically got it. But they do sell stuff OTC. It works wonders!! Treat everyone now and then again in 2 weeks. Wash everything.

Wash their bed sheets and any clouthes they have worn bathroom then you are good to go

Everyone in the home needs medicated and bedding and towels changed and washed in hot water. Sanitize all surfaces that get touched.

You can de worm your kid just like your dog. The dewormer we use at my shelter is human grade and gets the job done.

1 Like

We just changed sheets, cleaned bathrooms really good and made sure to treat everyone with meds. This is what our doctor said.

It never hurts to sanitize your house tho :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

They sell pinworm medication OTC. Mine had it once, I didn’t treat the house just him. He didn’t have them again, and no one in the house did.

3 Likes

Go to your local pharmacy, ask them and they will point you in the right direction. No need for a doctor.
Worm the whole family, wash all bed sheets and pillow cases.

1 Like

I think it’s quite comical, you would listen to Google, as opposed to believing your doctor…

4 Likes

When I was in the hospital for a month with pregnancy complications my 3 year old got them :roll_eyes::weary:
Everyone was medicated, all bedding washer, and all surfaces that get touched were cleaned and so was the bathroom.

My daughter had it once, all you gotta do is treat the child and was the bedding. Wash any clothes she has been wearing.

1 Like