Has anyones doctor been wrong about miscarrying?

Has anyone’s dr been wrong about them miscarrying? Baby measured 6 weeks but had a heart beat just very low so my dr said she thinks I’m having a miscarriage. No follow up ultrasound, just gave me options to use medicine or dnc. I have barely bled at all only a tiny bit of spotting so what if she is wrong? I think it’s strange she didn’t want to do at least blood work to check my levels before giving me meds to start bleeding more

36 Likes

I would wait till no heart beat to put it down to a miscarriage. I see a heart beat and slight bleeding as normal just body adjusting to new Bub.

6 Likes

I found out at 6 weeks and was bleeding (I thought it was my period and was surprised I had a positive pregnancy test) and they said they thought I was in the process of miscarriage. I got rechecked a couple weeks later and sure enough, my boy was just fine. He turned 6 this year :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Please keep us posted. Sending you love.

Let it pass naturally. That’s what I did & no complications. If they are wrong you won’t regret doing one of those options.

I was told I was having an early miscarriage due to super low heart rate, I ended up asking my pcp for blues work the next week, numbers were not doubling. I went back to my ob a week later and baby had grown and had a strong heart beat. That baby just turned 9 in April :heart:

I would get a second opinion. I had a similar experience with my now 7yr old daughter early on.

2 Likes

No way! When I had one they didn’t confirm until my HcG levels had dropped til almost zero. 6 weeks is the very start of a heartbeat so I think it’s normal it could be low? I wouldn’t take anything.

2 Likes

If u have to go to the ER. and find a different Dr. if this dr is telling u to take meds with a heartbeat then she’s basically having u have an abortion. I would definitely get a second opinion!! They should do ultrasounds and all before even suggesting to take meds while the tiny heartbeat is beating.

1 Like

I had them take mine.dint want to have it at home.said of had it at home probably would have to have a DNC anyway

I was told I was having a miscarriage and he is now 10 completely healthy baby

With all 4 of my first trimester miscarriages, I had lab work and a follow up ultrasound a week later to confirm the loss before I was ever prescribed medication or had my D&C’s. You should definitely get a 2nd opinion or have them schedule another ultrasound

3 Likes

I’d definitely think that if she said she thinks it’s something she would want to follow up with more tests to confirm. I’d ask for blood work and more ultrasounds before moving on to the next step. Or of course you can go to someone else.

1 Like

If you miscarry itll pass on its own…some bleeding is normal in early pregnancy

1 Like

Insist on another ultrasound and double check everything

1 Like

My doctor did labs and then a follow up ultrasound to see if the baby still had a heart beat before moving on to those steps. Hcg levels would be trending down preparing for a miscarriage and the baby’s heart would stop.

I requested 2 blood tests… Ended up doing them 48 hrs apart and sure enough the hcg levels increased

1 Like

I’d get second opinion before taking the medication or a dnc. Make sure they are correct.

I would get blood work done atleast a couple times before that is discussed. If your hcg gets lower then its a miscarriage

1 Like

I bled from 7 weeks until I was 14 weeks. Mostly light bleeding but one very heavy loss and my HCG was falling. The doctors told me to expect a miscarriage, gave me pain relief and told me to go home and wait for the inevitable. The inevitable miscarriage is now 9 years old and the cause of all my grey hair. There are other reasons for bleeding, don’t lose hope.

3 Likes

Don’t take their options and ask for confirmation ultrasound and blood work. I had the same thing happen, kinda only I did lose my daughter’s twin, but she was okay! And after the doctors realize there was a 2nd page to the report cause I was causing a scene lol

I was told I was having a miscarriage. I was bleeding and my numbers weren’t doubling like they should. Told me on a Tuesday to wait to pass it naturally and come in Friday for an ultrasound to make sure I passed it all.

That “miscarriage” is now 4 years old.

43 Likes

My 3rd daughter I was told was a “threatened miscarriage” and they told me it was a 50/50 chance I would lose the pregnancy because they couldn’t find a heartbeat until I was almost 8 weeks along, and even then it was hard for them to find. There was no visible heartbeat at 6 weeks and 5 days, 2 different techs and the dr all looked and saw nothing so they scheduled me for the next week and just told me to watch for bleeding or severe period like cramping. My daughter will be 3 in September so I did not miscarry, she was just doing things at her own pace I guess lol. The fact that the dr is offering you options to end the pregnancy without checking if your hcg levels are rising correctly or doing a repeat follow ultrasound is really fishy to me. I would be scheduling with someone else!

12 Likes

At 6+2 I had bleeding. Got in for an ultrasound, was warned there might not be a heartbeat yet because it was before 7 weeks. Heart rate was 115. At 8 weeks I had my anatomy ultrasound, it was 163. I spotted until 9 weeks from a hematoma. It resolved by 12 weeks. He just turned a year.

4 Likes

Go for a 2nd opinion Mama xx

I know a girl this happened to. She didn’t take the meds and that baby is now in elementary school, perfectly healthy.

Maybe get a second opinion? Go to the hospital and see if there is a way to see your baby? I just feel like they should be trying to do more for you.

2 Likes

Go to a new doctor SMH I had something like this happen my baby is now 8

Whenever I have had a miscarriage I had to do ultrasounds to confirm where the baby was and then had blood tests every 2 days to see if the HCG was getting lower. I also was never offered to have a DNC or chemical assistance while they baby still had a heart beat…I’d change doctos asap and even consider going to emergency depending on how far along you are

45 Likes

My sister was told she was miscarrying. She was told that she would pass it on her own and to get a puppy to help with grieving. My niece just turned 6 in may.

Seem a lot of docs are quick to jump to miscarriage without giving some time and more testing. This just confirms to me we are just routine lab rats to them, they could care less, we just a 9 to 5 paycheck to them🙄

Take nothing, see another doctor or wait a few weeks get checked again

Definitely go get a second opinion! I’ve seen it multiple times where doctors were wrong.

My friend was told she was having a miscarriage. She went home to pass natural and refused the meds and dnc. Baby is now 14.

8 Likes

Get 2nd opinon… told i was having a miscarriage turned out to be a tubal pregnacy and my tube ruptured and caused severe internal bleeding

1 Like

I wouldn’t be comfortable going back to that doctor. I’ve had 9 miscarriages. Never once have I taken medicine for it. Sometimes you need to, however it’s normally not necessary. Please Do not take that medicine until you get a second opinion. Some bleeding can be normal. I bled until I was 12-13 weeks with my now almost 6 year old.

They should be checking hcg every 48 hours or so to see if it’s increasing and possibly a follow up ultrasound. They can say “threatens miscarriage” for now but there’s not a guarantee that’s what is happening

1 Like

Earlier this year I was told I was having a miscarriage. My hcg levels dropped 150. The doctor told me I’d pass the baby over the weekend and to call the following week for a follow up ultrasound. I called for an ultrasound since i hadnt passed the baby and he was talking to me about the next steps to help my body pass the baby but before we went to the next steps he did an ultrasound and the heartbeat was so strong. That “miscarriage” is now due in 11 1/2 weeks. I had a gut feeling I wasn’t losing the baby. Always listen to your gut

2 Likes

I’d get a second opinion on that before taking anything I think it’s crazy, when I had my miscarriage. My doctor paid close attention to my hcg levels. I think they were checked 3/4 times before it was ruled a miscarriage. I knew in my heart I definitely did, I was right unfortunately. Definitely blood work needs done. I was almost 6 weeks when I did miscarry 6 months ago.

Please ask more doctors. Don’t settle for one

If your uncomfortable or question it, get a second opinion

2 Likes

Definitely change drs. Sounds like he’s basically telling you to abort without testing.

I was told I was having a miscarriage no follow up 3 months later I went to get contraceptive the bar and they said can’t go through with this procedure your pregnant went and got a scan I was 22 weeks pregnant!

1 Like

Drs told my mom she lost the baby. Told her to go get a medical done. She didn’t. Went to a different doctor. I’m 36 now because she didn’t listen to the first doctor.

1 Like

I was told I was losing the baby. He is 8 now.

Second opinion. Heart rate just started at 6 weeks. Most doctors don’t want to see you until your nearing 8 weeks.

I wouldn’t take any steps until they can confirm by repeated HCG blood tests.

1 Like

Get a second opinion asap.

I would get a 2nd opinion.

Get a second opinion absolutely not ok my daughter was sick and doctor wanted to test on her while she was still in the womb !! Go to providence Do NoT DO DNC OR MEDs get a follow up apt with different doctor if you have to go to ER and get ultrasound

Definitely call a new obgyn but make the appointment 2-3 weeks out. By then you’ll know for sure.

1 Like

My “miscarriage” is 1 years old, doctors can definitely be wrong, they’re basically google doctors they don’t care to actually cater to YOU

1 Like

A miscarriage can’t be proven 100% without testing hcg levels or you actually passing the baby. I personally think it’s extremely f*cked up you were given medication to basically terminate a baby with a heart beat that you obviously want. Idc if it was a low heart beat or not. That is proof of life. I would absolutely get a different doctor. Your doctor lacks compassion completely. For a mothers own sanity a miscarriage should be proven without a doubt before termination is offered.

Should of done blood work on you.and an ultra sound.when I lost mine.

My daughter was told she had a miscarriage but could see her hcg levels online. They were still doubling. Now my beautiful granddaughter is almost 15 months old! Always get that second opinion or a follow up test to be sure!

I went in at about 6 weeks along. However, they were unsure if I was 6 weeks and 1 day or 6 weeks and 5 days. My babies heartbeat was super low. She told us that we needed to come back in a week to check the heartbeat. If at that time it wasn’t within range it would be a miscarriage. After the longest week of our lives we went back in and the ultrasound was perfect along with a strong fast beat! I’d get a second opinion on it, if it doesn’t feel right it may not be right!

Go see another Dr…Even if you have to go to urgent care or ER for a second opinion💗

I had a complete molar pregnancy back in February… they did two ultrasounds even though they were pretty certain after the first one… (they saw no fetal pole at 8+ weeks) and did another HCG level draw, which ended up being super high. Only option for me was a D&C because all my body developed was a tumor.

No matter what happens for you, I will say a prayer for healing for your body, mind, and heart :heart:

Id get a new doctor and blood work. They said the same about my son when I was in early stages of pregnancy, couldn’t even find the baby in the sac. Then the next week they found him… He’s four now.

You should have levels checked for a period of time and sonograms before you make a decision. I’m sorry you are going through this and wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Had a miscarriage with 1 embryo an the other held on. My lil one is turning 8 in a month. Go to a second opinion

I was told I was going to miscarry. The Dr. Told me he could not detect a heartbeat. I had a miscarriage before that pregnancy and 3 before my son. So I believed it. I waited and waited but nothing was happening and I was still feeling pregnant. I finally decided to go to another obgyn. I was 14 weeks pregnant and got to hear her little heartbeat. She is going to be 2 in August. :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

8 Likes

My daughter was a diagnosed miscarriage. Around 5-6 weeks. Then i decided instead of the pill or dnc, to get blood work in 10 days just to make sure. Lo and behold, my levels were going up and they found a healthy little bean in there. You should wait and make sure. Request an hcg draw in 10 days, they will pull blood and again in another 3 days to see how much its increasing.

Yes. They told me my baby stopped growing. I was 8 weeks. I could only see my gynie on the monday. I lost 2 baby boys previously and I was devastated! That was the Friday. That weekend I started smoking again en I drank allot just not to feel and to forget!
That Monday my gynie picked up something on the scan! He told me to do blood works for the next 3 days. Every day my counts doubled meaning there is a baby and that baby is growing! Today my baby is 7 years old and the most precious little boy

17 Likes

I got told the pregnancy test at the Drs was negative, despite the home kits being positive and was told it was probably a miscarriage. Had an early ultrasound which confirmed I was actually pregnant. Maybe see how things are in a week?

no definitely wait and follow up…… i should have been 7 weeks at my first ultrasound and there was no heartbeat or barely anything to be seen… the doctor told me let’s wait 1-2 weeks but it may be a miscarriage…. those two weeks were excruciating but when i went back there was the tiniest heart beat i’ve ever seen and she’s now almost 4… i was so thankful he waited and wanted to make sure… their guess was since i was still breastfeeding my cycle wasn’t fully regulated and my ovulation and due date were just off !

Go for a second or third opinion

My sister was told she miscarried… she insisted on an ultrasound… good thing she did. Because she hadn’t lost my niece.

find another provider or even walk in clinic. they might refer you to the ER but dont take the meds to make you bleed more to miscarry, get an ultrasound immediately to find out if the baby is still alive

Do not take medication to hurry it along! If your baby’s life is coming to an end your body will do its thing ! Ask for blood to be taken! I have had 11 miscarriages! Not once did they not check my levels to confirm a drop!

Mine was wrong, thankfully or I wouldn’t have had one of my perfect girls.
They told me there was a 90% chance of miscarrying and in my case, a ton of blood due to a placental tear. They did an ultrasound weeks later and shockingly discovered it had healed itself-I didn’t even know that was possible…it was also my most healthy, pregnancy and easiest birth out of all my children.
This is my beautiful 19 yr old girl now:

2 Likes

You don’t have to do the medicine or DNC. If you feel like that just don’t.
I did actually have a miscarriage, but I let nature take its course & never did any of that. My doctor was so amazing… you just have to keep going back for blood work to make sure you don’t have any fetal tissue bc that can cause infection.
Call another doctor.
(((((Hugs))))) I know how this feels :broken_heart:

That same scenario happened to me. Within a week, I had a miscarriage naturally, but still needed a dnc to clean everything out

Get a second opinion to be sure !

YESSS I was bleeding and went to er. They told me I was loosing my son.
I went to my reg dr the day after and wasn’t. They said the hospital shouldn’t have ever told me that.

Yup I had a tubal not a miscarriage and they told me I just had a miscarriage and I almost died because my tube ruptured

Ring the hospital and tell them, they will get you in asap

I would get another opinion

Oh… I spotted quite a bit in pregnancy. And a midwife told me I’d miscarried at 36 weeks because she couldn’t find a heartbeat on her fancy machine. This really old midwife came with one of those trumpet things and found the heartbeat straight away. So medical peeps can definitely be wrong. And this happened at St Thomas’s - the famous hospital in London famed for its babycare…

I would see another obstetrician. I would not do anything. No medicine to cause miscarriage or a DNC. There’s a heartbeat. You have not miscarried. Sadly, you may lose the baby. See another doctor immediately.

if you don’t like what your OB (or any other Dr) is telling you, leave & find another one. Plain & simple

I hope you didn’t take the meds…

Do not take that medicine!!!

My miscarriage is now a healthy beautiful 13 year old.

Doctors said because I was bleeding so heavy , cramping that I would have a miscarriage within a few days…. Previous to that, the same doctor said I would never be able to conceive. I have 2 children so obviously the doctor was wrong. Gotta remember doctors are “practicing medicine” they aren’t always right. :heart:

4 Likes

Do not do anything. It’s way way too early. I’ve seen a million times moms sharing their stories online that a dr told them no heartbeat at 6, 8, 10, 17 and more weeks and they went in to have a perfectly healthy baby. Do nothing and wait. That’s totally reckless and wrong your dr recommended a DNC to remove the pregnancy at 6 weeks. You could be a week less etc and the heart beat is just not able to be heard yet bc you ovulated late and are less far along than you think due to ovulation later than an average woman does in cycle. Do nothing and wait. You can miscarry naturally also- my dr offered this to me when no heartbeat was found at 8 weeks- and that’s what I chose. To give the baby every chance jic he was wrong. I recommend that. Wait pray and do nothing- if you’re going to miscarry let it happen naturally do not take a medication to end the pregnancy or do a Dnc as he could be wrong and many times they get it wrong and women went on to have healthy babies.

Demand bloodwork and another ultrasound. Fucking demand it.