Has anyones induction failed?

Out of curiosity has anyone induction failed ? I haven’t dilated anything since I got here and I was contracting but not anymore and it’s been almost 30 minutes since I’ve felt a contraction the medication is still on and she even put it up! If they broke my water but it goes on and on still no contractions will I need a c section I’m just worried

8 Likes

I failed 2 gels and a balloon but once waters broken and pitocin drip started I went into labour with both mine. It’s definitely possible to still go naturally!

If you find yourself laying down it will usually take longer to progress as I found out with my first three pregnancies. My first took hours, the next two I sat up the entire time and had then not long after. I gave my sister the same advice when she wasn’t progressing either. Once she sat up her son came in no time. Wish you the best of luck.

I was induced at 38 weeks. I only ended up to a 3 and my water didn’t break. I ended up having to have a c section cause they realized my son was still breech.

Mine failed. Never contracted, never dilated, 4 days later I had a c section :roll_eyes: but it worked out. Good luck!

1 Like

I was induced twice. Both went well. No need to stress.

I was 10 days past due with my first. Went in at 9pm on a Thursday to be induced. Contractions started almost immediately. Never dilated. 9am the doctor discussed releasing me and scheduling a c-section for Monday if baby didn’t come naturally over the weekend. I ended up needing a c-section.

As long as your tolerating it and so is baby I think they will wait a while I did same thing with my last he did end up in a emergency C-section but for prolapsed cord

1 Like

I failed 2 over a 2 day course, I wasn’t dilating, induced at 37wks. Contracted some, got Pitocin, my guys heart rate kept dropping when they turned it on. We decided we had enough and ended with a c section on day 3. best of luck :heart:

I was induced and had 17 hour labor still

I was induced. Wasn’t dilating any, so they sent me home that night. I was induced again a week later. Water didn’t break til 11pm that night. Babes came naturally 14 hrs later.

I was induced. I stayed at a 3cm for 20 hours. Finally at 10:45pm I went from a 3-9… 3 pushes later… I have a daughter… hang in there!! It will all work out

I just went through this… I went in 6pm Thursday. I was already dilated to a 2. they started me on pitocin from the time they started me till fri 12:30pm I never dilated even though my contractions were consistently coming every 2-3 mins. Doctor came in broke my water at 12:45pm. Had him at 3:51pm.

Oh definitely. It happens fairly frequently. Yes, if they break your water you’re kind of “on the clock”. Usually about 24 hours after breaking water if still not much is happening they’ll recommend c-section. If they don’t break your water they sometimes can give your body a break and restart induction after you eat and sleep.

I was induced with my last one and as far as I understand, they will let you labor until either you or baby can’t handle it before a c section.
I labored all day and she wasn’t deciding like she should, they used the suction but had that not worked I would have had the c section.

That’s just as far as I understand it though I’m sure there are many different scenarios that come into play.

I arrived at 8am to be induced and didn’t have my girl until a few minutes before midnight. Let your water break naturally.

They’ll gradually increase your pitocin until your contractions are consistent and closer together. And then they’ll likely break your water. Then you’ll likely see more movement in dilation. If you haven’t progress over a period of time or baby or you become distress a C-Section will likely happen. Make sure you rest while you are still pretty low dose and then I opt for a ball to help open the hips and bring baby lower.

1 Like

Once they break your water, if you don’t continue to progress they will do a c-section. I went in on a Tuesday night and was only at like 1/2 to one cm dilated. They placed a Foley catheter to help dilation, then Wednesday morning they started me on pitocin and I started contracting, but didn’t really feeling anything. The pitocin did help me start dilating and by Wednesday afternoon I think I was at like 4??? so they broke my water and I got mega contractions and asked for an epidural then tried resting and just waiting I finally dilated to 6cm and stopped. After 8 hours at a 6, I was uncomfortable and every time I rolled to my left side and got comfortable, my son’s heart rate dropped so we went to C-section and he was here, only took 32 hours or so. I wouldn’t worry about it. The c-section isn’t bad and if it does take a long time, like mine did, you will want the c-section so your little one will be out! :blush:

1 Like

So my waters break and then my contractions stop completely…. Idk why it happens… but it’s happened almost every single time I’ve gone into labor. Contractions usually get going again once they get the pitocin to 14 on the little machine (atleast from my experience). Sometimes your body just needs a little break during labor. Also, typically if inductions fail, they will give you a break and try again 12-36 hours later from what I have seen. Honestly, I truly wouldn’t stress at this point. Enjoy the break and try to get some rest because once things pick up… you’ll be glad you got some sleep in while you could.

1 Like

I was on the precipice…. Ask your doc if they can break your water. I’ve given birth twice. My first was natural labor. 2 days of back labor and then 28 hours of FULL labor contractions 2 minutes apart. My first I didn’t budge past 2 Cm. Doc broke my water and 90 minutes later my daughter came. Two pushes. My son I was induced. I did 8 hours didn’t budge pas 1.5/2 cm. They wanted to stop pitocin and send me home. I BEGGED the doctor to break my water… 45 minutes later and 3 pushes (had to stop the cord was wrapped around his neck) I had my son. Unless you have an epidural get up and walk. Ask for a birthing ball and roll your hips with your legs wide open.

I was induced. I had contractions all day and didn’t dilate more so they asked if I wanted to stay there and try again in the morning or go home. I said I’d stay. And in the middle of the night my water broke and I went from 4 to 10 centimeters in like 30 mins.

3 Likes

Mine came out the first time then they did another and it made me have terrible random contractions that wasn’t dialating properly so took it out and let me start contracting myself which thankfully I did but they still had to break my waters. Was the worst labour experience ever and the midwives treated me like crap to point I don’t want another one now incase it all happens again as I can’t go into labour naturally :confused:

I was induced 5 times before anything happened

It’s my first one did. I was in labor 3 days, pitocin, Foley balloon, whole 9 yards. Never dilated past a 3.5. Ended up with emergency c section so with my second, I just scheduled the cesarean from the jump lol

This is why I didn’t want my water broke till pushing time during mine. Then you aren’t time restricted as long as hearts are doing great.

Yep. Never dilated past a 3. Ended up with a c- section.
Second induction, I stuck at a 3. They turned off the pit for an hour and turned it back on. Did end up fully dilating.

I was induced, I had a cerclage removed prior to the induction because I had cervical cancer years prior to getting pregnant. I was in labor for 34 hours with no dilation, and then went from 2cm to 10 in an hour and then she was out. My situation is a little different compared to others, but pitocin works differently for a lot of people. I hope everything goes smoothly!!

Mine failed until they inserted some pill inside me then my water broke and I went into labor

I was induced twice, the first time they game me Pitocin and I had a hard time dilating. It took forever. Second time around I refused Pitocin and they gave me meso, a few hours later I had my second and it smooth sailing

Induced at 32 weeks with my first. It took 2 pills being inserted in my uterus as well as the balloon and they had to pop my water. I had severe preeclampsia. Induced with our 2nd at 36 weeks and just needed 1 pill as my water broke that morning. Both times took about 10-24hrs.

Yes mine did at 39 weeks. 40 was a success

I had to have the Foley tube put in before I dilated the first time. The second time after they broke my water the process sped up very quickly.

I was induced at 7am on a Thursday, water didn’t break til 1pm, son was born last second before an emergency c-section at 511am Friday morning.

I had a failed induction 33 hrs and only dilated to 4 my water broke but still nothing. If u don’t dilate then it’s a possibility

Mine. 22 hours of piggyback, back labor. Sent home. Came back the next day. 16 more ours of labor. Moved to emergency c section.

I was induced, maxed out pitocin did nothing and my son kept falling off the doplar. They put an electrode in his head to keep track of him which broken my water. I went from 3cm to delivery in 3 hours. He was so bruised from crashing down into my pelvis but was all cleared up and normal colored after 24 hrs.

I was induced and my body took to long. Ended up with a c section because her heart rate dropped extremely low

I was induced three times…for the same baby. None of them worked. Went into labour naturally.

I was told within 24 hrs I would go into labor, 48 hrs later I was still pregnant and miserable. They called me in to do a c section the third day.

Yeah. Failed and I had an emergency c section. It is what it is. As one as you and your baby are safe.

I got induced and came hone pregnant for 2 more weeks… out every nurse came in to look at me cause they said it’s rare they never had it happen at that hospital

Mine failed. They tried for 36 hrs. Then c section. Buckle up.