Have any other mama's had multiple blood clots during pregnancy?

I am on a high dose (120mg 2x daily) Lovenox and daily aspirin to manage multiple clotting disorders during pregnancy. I suffered multiple pulmonary embolisms and DVTs following my daughter’s birth in 2019. I have also suffered a pulmonary embolism already this pregnancy at ten weeks. My doctor stated from 30 weeks on, I will be seen for weekly growth scans, and as soon as the baby is big enough, I will be induced. I’m looking to see if any other mommas have gone through this and if they can give me any insight on what is to come. 1. Were you still able to get your tubes tied while you were still in the hospital after natural birth? 2. Did you experience any further clotting issues, even on a higher dose? 3. Has anyone been induced prior to 37 weeks in similar situations? I am terrified at the thought of early induction.

1 Like

In my experience with my post-partum PE, they were not willing to do a ligation after a vaginal birth until I’d been off the Lovenox/Warfarin for a set time period, but I’d review with your physician, as every case could be different. I was on anticoagulants for about a year post delivery and havent had any further issues. Still taking baby aspirin daily.

1 Like

You’re doctor seems better than mine. I already have heart disease and have had open heart surgery and suffered a pulmonary embolism very early on. Went to the ER thinking something was wrong with my heart (again). They took blood and said it’s very likely it’s a pulmonary embolism but we don’t wanna do a CT cuz your pregnant. So they kept me there until the pain eased up. They said it probably passed and I was discharged. I then later had a clot in my leg. I was sent to labor and delivery then because I was over 20 weeks. They did an ultrasound and said yep it’s a clot. And just kept me there with the space boot things on and said it’s probably ok u can go home. No meds no real treatment or anything. They just told me it’s more common when ur pregnant. But my sister gave birth to her daughter at 23 weeks and she’s a strong little girl!! Weighed 1 lb. she’s 3 now and thriving

1 Like

I had my daughter at 37 weeks. Same reasons. I did have my tubes tied naturally and it’s been 7 years with no more PE’s but I do still suffer with some different cardiac issues. But nothing unmanageable

1 Like

I had three when I was pregnant with my second child. The second clot put me in ICU for 4 days. Delivered him at 34 weeks. Was on highest dose of heparin thru a pump. I was asymptomatic so I am sure I had them with my first child just was diagnosed because I didn’t know. They could never determine why I got them. My doctors gave me steroid shots to develop his lungs because they figured I would deliver early. He stayed in the NICU two weeks to the day he was born. They had told me he would stay 6-8 weeks and come home on a monitor for 6 months which he didn’t. I had my tubes tied after my third because they wouldn’t do it after my second. Had similar symptoms with the third pregnancy but they never found a clot. Had me on blood thinners with her.

My friend just went through this exact thing. She had to do shots in her stomach and got pre-eclampsia so they did a c-section at 34 weeks. She was in the hospital for 3 days and her baby boy just turned a week old in the nicu.