Have you experienced early menopause?

Has anyone experienced early menopause? Any tips/tricks that helped anyone going through or has been through menopause? Natural remedies? Yes, I can ask a doctor or google, but I’d rather hear from real people, what they went through, what helped, etc. since everyone, everybody is different. I’m not even 40 yet and I’m a little freaked out, not expecting this until later in life. Thank you!

7 Likes

Not really sure what you can do but my grandma was 35 when she started menopause… Wish she was alive to ask her what she did. But there are menopause relief supplements you can take! Sorry I’m not of any help!

1 Like

My mother started menopause in her early 30s. Her doctor put her on birth control to stop it :woman_shrugging: I cant remember how well that worked! I’m now in my mid 30s and afraid it will soon happen to me.

1 Like

Yes I experienced early menopause at 45. I decided to tough it out and not do hormone therapy. While it then proceeded quicker. I have some regrets about this as I did not realize how your brain actually changes with the progression. I have experienced brain fog, osteoporosis and am now diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Not sure if that’s a result but I have many of the symptoms of fibro at 63.

2 Likes

I’m 47 went through menopause 4 years ago

Here’s some helpful information!

Shower in ice cold water, keep people that bug you far away, hide sharp objects . Dont be freaked out by that last killer period after months of nothing

7 Likes

I’m 35! I had a partial hysterectomy 2 years ago and my ovaries haven’t worked right sense. I have 3 small children and finally started hormones and medicine for depression. I have felt like my body has turned on me. I have felt crazy for 2 years. The depression medicine and hormones are helping. My thyroid is also low now and I started medicine for that too

2 Likes

I myself stop My menstrual cycle at 36 years old I never did really so for now on the puzzle symptoms until just recently and 55 for 20 years later I’m having severe headaches hot flashes what not related to menopause I asked my doctor if that could possibly be the 20 your time frame and she said she did not think so I was ill and I went to urgent care for anabiotic they cleared up all those sometimes you have to really check with the gynecologist in your case for your concerns but I myself went through early menopause

I went through early menopause at 28 years old and none thing prepared me for what all took place.

1 Like

CBD oil has helped with my hot flashes, limiting caffeine & alcohol helps also.

I’d go to your gynecologist and make sure that’s what it is. I’m 52 and just started a few symptoms

1 Like

I was 42 my Dr said they don’t do hormone therapy anymore because it was causing harm. I had a hard couple of years in ok now. I enjoy no periods, no pms, it’s nice.

1 Like

I started menopause at age 42 and finished at age 46. I’m 53 now. I did it naturally.

I still get hot flashes but they are way better then the pain of endometriosis.

Gabapentin for hot flashes has been a Godsend for me. St John’s Wart for mood swings. Black Cohosh is great but a lot of ppl cant tolerate side effects.

I am still going through it bc I had a total hysterectomy when I was 31. I started off doing hormone therapy but If you miss one dose it messes with your moods a lot plus you also have all the other potential side effects of taking birth control. I now don’t do any hormone therapy bc my body doesn’t do well with birth control. The worst thing for me is the hot flashes & I eat a lot of ice to keep those at bay but it doesn’t always work.

1 Like

I was 35 and started. Menopause wasn’t fun had a hysterectomy at 40

1 Like

2 milligrams of estrogen a day

Are you sure you’re not pregnant, Because I thought I was menopause,But come to find out I was pregnant

I thought I was so I had my hormones tested and they were normal. I am treated for anxiety & depression. I was having crazy hot flashes and mood swings. I mentioned this to my doctor so if it was premature menopause ( I’m 36 ) it could be treated with something hormone based.

I feel as though I’m going through early menopause, started after my last baby, almost 5 years ago, but I also got a tubal ligation so not sure what’s what.

I’m going through it now and it’s like a roller coaster. My period doesn’t know what it wants to do so one month it’s a few sips and the next month you’d think someone gutted a pig and I’m freezer my SO out at night cause I’m so hot. My thyroid had always been bad so that makes it worse so the main thing is to maintain it and just get through it without killing anyone

1 Like