Having twins and I'm terrified, advice from moms who have been there?

Totally exhausting but I would do everything again!

1 Like

Loads of fun, enjoy your time with them x

1 Like

Slow down relax and enjoy- sounds impossible but it’s a good mantra.

First, relax! Mine were #4&5. You’ve got this! Too much to say, feel free to message me :heart:

Enjoy it the best way you can as well with your daughters… my twins are 15yrs old (boy/girl), and 19 yr old daughter ,it was rough but we made it and still are, just stock up on diapers/wipes ( I used get same brand for both but different sizes, my son was 7 an half pounds his twin sister was 6 1/2 pounds, carried them 9 1/2 months ,you become very active as well stressful @times, bounce right back though…just remember breath smile and enjoy

2 Likes

Well you do have a huge advantage in that you have experience being a parent. I had family members who had twins as their first children. Much more difficult. Just fo not hesitate to ask for help especially during the first several months.

I had twins 31 years ago
A boy and girl its the best. When one wakes up, wake up the other also .Feed and change both. This way you get to sleep. Ask for help. If you can afford help , do it. I also had a 2 1/2 year old .You need to make sure your other children do nt feel left out

I had 3 under 6 when my twins came along. The biggest piece If info I’d give is try to get everyone on a schedule. It ‘s not always easy but so helps. I didn’t have any help and hubby worked out of town so making it easy for everyone worked. . . . usually. Just take a deep breath and enjoy these little wonders. Mine are now 45. We all survived!! Good luck.

1 Like

I have twin boys.theyre 19 now tho so not baby’s any more.try to make sure you have help at least for when they’re new born.those night time feeds can be a struggle with twins but it’s amazing watching them grow together.pregnancy wise you’ll have more appointments and scans to attend but I had no problems at all.mine were both small born so in special care at first but only for and few days.if you have any questions feel free to ask x

no different just more work

Any concerns need to be shared with your Dr first.

1 Like

I had twin girls 40 years ago. Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. One time my husband and I went out in to the backyard with our twins and our oldest daughter, 4. The twins took off back into the house. (They were about 15 months). I went back into the house and found one twin sitting in the refrigerator and the other one smashing eggs on the floor!

1 Like

You turn twin over to me

I had two children under 3 and was expecting my 3rd child. I was having a home birth so when my waters broke and I went into labour we sent for midwife. I had a beautiful baby girl and then unknown to me another baby came ten minutes later a beautiful wee boy. It was a shock as that was 4 under 3years
.We had to buy a twin pram and other things. They were a dream to raise and now are 55 years old. Please don’t worry about having the twins they are a blessing. Take care of yourself and enjoy your time with them when they come :blush: x

1 Like

My granddaughter and I was talking about twins yesterday. I had a family member have 6 children. Two sets of twins and two single births in between. I think you are given a special task when you are blessed with twins, take it one step at a time. Allow trusted family members to come help.

2 Likes

I am a mom of twin boys - you need to be organized and enjoy ! They are 24 years old and as close as ever

1 Like

Honestly if you have the support which my hubby was great it’s an adventure but such a blessing. Identical or fraternal it is amazing to see the personalities emerge. My twins are fraternal now they are 46 yrs old. As close as ever. So please just enjoy it is frightening but have faith it will all work out. God bless and congratulations! Double trouble I always used to say but what beautiful gifts they are.:heart_eyes::heart::heart:

1 Like

I had my son and when he was 13 months old I had twin girls. !!! We did not know we were having twins until after our first one was born and the doctor saw more feet… breach!!! NO X RAYS 60 YEARS AGO !!!

i had twins for my first i was scared to death but it wasnt really that bad i suggest u get as much sleep as possible for about the first yr i ran on about 4 hours a week because they was night n day

Mine were easier to cope with than one used to wake together you find it easier cos you get into a routine cos you know you have to enjoy every moment cos they grow up far to quick x

1 Like

u will have a BLAST!! My identical twin daughters will be 11 next month :heart: u will forever be amazed of having twins still can’t get over it someday :two_women_holding_hands::heart_eyes:

I’m 17 weeks pregnant with twins right now. And 33 years old. I have a 12 year old, 10 year old and a 6 year old. And in the same boat. I find as my pregnancy is progressing I’m becoming more okay with the thought of two at once. I know the first few months I will be super tired. But looking forward to it more and more each day.

High risk pregnancy: lots more appointments, ultrasounds, and tests.

Breathe mama! I have 3 years B/G twins and they are my first and i was scared as hell but it’s amazing!! Like others stated ROUTINE is KEY! And don’t ever be afraid to ask for help!! You got this mama :muscle:t2: :heart:

How lucky for you! I am the mother of twins. When I found out I was having twins, I had a two year old daughter, also. It was a challenge raising twins, but one I’d never trade. Loved those days of being a Mom. Wish I could do it all over again. Some of the happier days of my life.

1 Like

As a grandma to twin girls I wish I had helped more help when they were born. Not wanting to over step I waited to be asked for help and that was three weeks after they were home. At that point both my son and daughter-in-law were exhausted… it takes a village we all know now but so rewarding :heart::heart:

Twice as much everything. Plus what you already have. Maybe teach them how to be your little helpers. Take their own dishes to the sink after meals. Put silverware on the table before. Pull cover a up on their beds in the morning. Simple things and don’t have to be perfect. They will feel proud of themselves and useful.

Twin Moms are a breed apart. You were made for this :muscle:
Also, keep them on schedule like your life depends on it.

As soon as they come about 4 to 5 years old, you’ve pretty much passed a lot of the hard work. Now you need to take them to be tested to see if they have psychic abilities with each other or other people. You might be very surprised if there were any psychic ability in your family that may have been passed down to them.

No this is not a joke question or suggestion. There are cases in which twins whether for ternal or identical have been known to have a psychic bond between them and with other things. I have met a few sets of twins who can feel each other’s emotions even miles apart.

Get them on a schedule for eating, napping and sleeping. It’s ok to let them cry when they are in their cribs. Our pediatrician told us no babies ever died from crying. After 5 mins. they usually settle down and sleep.
He was right😁 congratulations and remember to use all the help offered to you by family

1 Like