Healthy dinner ideas?

Any mama’s on here know of some healthy dinner ideas? I’m trying to lose my baby weight

2 Likes

It’s not really a dinner idea but I lost weight super fast by only eating cottage cheese, eggs and tuna

Check out healthy mummy’s instagram.
Full of AMAZING recipes that are healthy and good for the whole family :smiling_face:

Just eat small meals like three times a day. Not fatty or sugary. It’s not what you eat but how much you eat.

2 Likes

Lean protein (chicken, turkey, pork) stir fry with lots of veggies,(bell pepper, mushroom, onion, spinach, squash, cabbage) some soy sauce, brown rice
Healthy veggie soup and veggies( lettuce, onion, tomato, spinach) wrapped in a low carb tortilla spread with cream cheese
Salmon filets, sauteed in olive oil and lemon juice and garlic. Salad, rice
Baby tomatoes, garlic cloves and olive oil baked with Boursain cheese in the middle, stir and add pasta. Salad
Roasted chicken, with carrots, potatoes, zucchini

When I eat out I get a box right away and put away half the protein (meat, fish, shellfish or poultry) and half the carbs (corn, potato, rice, etc.). Then I eat all the vegetables and the other half of meat & carbs at he restaurant and add fruit and vegetables to the leftovers for another meal the next day.

Just don’t buy cookies, candy, chips & ice cream. If it’s not around the house, you’re less likely to eat it.

I like buying the little potatoes so I can just eat 3-5 instead of a whole baked potato.

Go to bed a little hungry unless you will be waking up multiple times at night.

Savor the more caloric items you like by eating mindfully. Eat the veggies you like less more distractedly—in conversation, while reading or watching television.

Hungry? Take a walk first, even if it’s just up and down stairs in your building.

We’ll really this depends upon your health and what your trying to lose. I wouldn’t focus on weight so much as overall health. Talk to your doctor have some labs drawn and make sure your numbers all look good. Personally I’d go to a Mediterranean style of eating as that’s what I did and I vastly improved my health via labs. But if you are breastfeeding bc still you can just be going on diets. You need to make sure you’re still eating and thinking plenty of water or your supply will tank. If you’re hoping your body will look like it did before that’s probably not going to happen. Your body is permanently physically changed now. Your shape will be different.

Balsamic vegetables. Cut up any or all vegetables you like (squashes like eggplant, zucchini, butternut; onions, root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, beets and potatoes; green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, halved Brussels sprouts, etc.). Coat with olive oil, drizzle with balsamic glaze—you need the thickness of the glaze, not just the vinegar. Broil until crisped, turning once. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon if desired.

Put quinoa in an appropriate amount of boiling water, cover & let sit until cooked in a few minutes. Add chopped celery, halved grapes, raspberry vinegar and dill (fresh, dried, seeds in any combination). Chill. Top with cashews to eat.

Add nuts & dried (or fresh) fruit to a big bowl of plain, low-fat yogurt.

Non-cream soups & stews. I double the veggies and halve the carbs. Alternative for cream soups: use tofu & blend or use non-fat (unsweetened) condensed milk if you can find it.

Put fajitas in romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas.

Look for recipes for cauliflower rubbed with spices & studded with breadcrumbs, chopped nuts, etc. & bake for cauliflower “steaks.”

Mediterranean mezze: hummus, baba ghanouj, stuffed grape leaves, felafel, tabbouli.

Use spaghetti squash instead of pasta.

Indian vegetarian foods. Make from scratch & serve over basmati rice or get those 90 second food & rice packs from the grocery.

Switch to whole grain pasta & breads, brown rice vs. white.

I keep a bag of frozen mixed vegetables on hand to pour into soups, pastas, casseroles. Or I toss in chopped spinach or greens in recipes to add fiber & vitamins.

Eat a piece of fresh fruit with or between meals as much as possible.

Cut out soda. Substitute unsweetened seltzer, infused water (let a pitcher sit overnight with pieces of fruit, herbs, or cucumber), hot or iced teas—there are a million kinds to choose from. Black coffee with skim milk is fine hot or iced. If you add sugar of any kind, use less and less as time goes on until you don’t miss it. Only drink a few ounces of fruit juice at breakfast. Add water if you need the visual of a full glass.

Move more by doing something fun with the kids: wrestle, dance, hop scotch, jump rope, hula hoop, toss or kick a ball, jump on a trampoline, ride bikes, hike, nature walk, run, jog, play tag, play follow the leader, roll down a hill & climb back up and do it again. Build a snow person, snow fort or go sledding. If you have a pool handy, go swimming, hit a climbing wall, follow a kids’ exercise video or action song, challenge each other to do the most sit-ups or bar hangs, see how long you can hold a difficult yoga pose, or whatever.