Help needed with boyfriend situation

Can you ask this for me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about two and a half years. About two year ago, he received a DUI. Because of COVID, his court date had been pushed out several times. He finally went to jail in April and will be released in October. While he has been away, I’ve made sure everything has been taken care of from the mortgage to his child support. During this time, his mom and I have grown very close. She has reassured me that he loves me. She said he has had a lot of traumatic things happen to him before he met me which had caused him to turn to alcohol. She has told me things about his past that he hasn’t shared with me. She has also assured me that We are perfect for each other. We just need to get through this rough patch. Other than that, he has been extremely honest and transparent with me. I truly love him so much, but I’m so scared for when he gets out of jail. I’m worried if he relapsed, what that will do to us and his daughter and my children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being with someone who has done drugs is scary. My husband was a full blown addict when we met, we’ve been together for 6 years now & I’m pregnant with our second child. There’s been lots of ups and down, relapses, prison time, etc so I totally get where you’re coming from. I think the main thing that helped us was I learned a lot about him. When he got out I basically studied him… how to recognize how he’s feeling, learn what his triggers are, learn how to help him through those triggers, and things like that. We also had to work on communication, because it’s hard for both of us to drop our egos, but we did and it’s the best we’ve ever been.