How can I build my toddlers immune system?

My 13 month old is constantly sick, she’s been in daycare since 12 weeks old. She literally gets a two week break in between of getting sick. And it’s REALLY rough on her. She has already had 4 ear infections and they’re talking about tubes. But does have any remedies or good vitamins (she already takes multi vitamin and her iron since she’s anemic) they suggest to build her immune system? She honestly can’t catch a break since she was 3 months old. She’s also only 16 pounds which doesn’t help since she needs her calories and can’t gain weight since she’s always sick

4 Likes

Try homeopathics. Start her out on garlic & acidophilus—mix contents of capsules in her food or bottles/drinks. Put garlic cloves in her ears (cut to fit & use surgical tape to keep them in, changing them every 8 hours). It will pull out the infection. Antibiotics kill all the good bacteria and obliterate her immune system, so avoid them where possible. My son had one illness after another until I took him to a homeopathic doctor. It took a year to build up his immunities and then he almost never got sick. He’s in his mid thirties now.

Take her outside in fresh air and sunshine, do fun things together, offer healthy foods. Buy organic as much as possible. Especially important with meat, and dairy which are full of growth hormones we don’t need that contribute to early puberty, antibiotics injected into beef cattle and chickens whether they need it or not,and a concentration of pesticides. Buy organic when shopping for many berries and lettuces which have the most pesticides. Eat low on the food chain, limit sweets, skip juices in favor of whole fruits, or at least dilute them.

Make sure she gets plenty of exercise. Let her get dirty & crawl on the floor once in a while.

Try other alternative health solutions, like massage, acupressure, etc. Bonus is all this is excellent for you too!

Good luck! It does get better!

Good diet, enough sleep. Elderberry and probiotic. If she’s one to put things in her mouth, thumb, fingers, pacifier, toys…she is bound to get sick at this age. Plus all the sick kids sent to daycare doesn’t help either. Her body is probably struggling to keep up with back to back illness and not enough recovery time. Poor girl. Prayers she gets healthy

1 Like

I understand where you are at. I have been there, and it is not fun for anyone. It does get easier, but it is a process. I waited getting tubes with my daughter until she was 18 months old and had regrets on waiting so long. It makes such a difference especially during the teething years. The 1st year of daycare is rough because there are so many different germs they are exposed to, but that is how they build a strong immunity. Exposure… My son got ear infections with every tooth he got, and pink eye. Things to also look for is if they are getting sick after eating a specific food. It took me almost a year to figure out my daughter couldn’t eat apples. One step at a time, and it is a large puzzle. It took my daughter a while to gain weight also, (18lbs at 18 months). Now you would never know that. Most of all, take a breath and know that this too shall pass. I would be more concerned if it never goes away.

They are by being on daycare for sure. It’s disheartening, my kids got sick constantly in day care to the point I wanted to pull them.

It happens, especially since she’s in daycare. But look on the bright side, you’re going through it now so you’ll be going through it less when she first starts school!

This is normal unfortunately. As soon as your child is around a bunch of other children your child will be sick all the time. It does get better with age as their immune system has been exposed enough. But for now there really isn’t much more you can do other than make sure she eats healthy.

1 Like

Put them babies outside and let them get dirty

2 Likes

Probiotic for immune support, elderberry and vitamin c when she is sick, put a slice of red onion on the bottom of her feet and put socks on her with it when sleeping at night! It work wonders. We do this anytime one of my 4 kids is sick. It smells, but pulls so much out! They get better so fast! Try to avoid antibiotics constantly. My children only get them when absolutely necessary. Ear infection, sure. But for anything else, our Dr’s let it play out til it becomes imperative they have it. Let her play outside in the dirt. Don’t freak if she eats it! I’m not saying don’t stop her from spooning it in her mouth, but a little bit, don’t hurt! My kiddos are hardly ever sick, maybe twice a year? And that is typically the flu or strep when that goes around. 12, 6, 2, and 1yr old!

This might sound strange but have you had her tested for coeliac disease
As they are common symptoms
Also coeliac disease is an autoimmune disease