How can I clean the soles of my socks?

I don’t wear shoes at work, just socks. I got tons of adorable socks for my bday and Xmas. I want them to stay adorable. How do I keep the soles of the socks clean with minimal chemicals? We don’t use bleach or shout stain remember types. Thinking maybe lemon juice, but that would be ALOT of lemon juice, haha

13 Likes

I use zout. It is epic for getting stains out. I comes in a red spray bottle

Soak them in a cup of awesome mixed with 2 and a half cups of hot water and then wash… I use awesome for everything…

2 Likes

Maybe try wearing shoes

9 Likes

Fels Naptha bar soap. Should be with laundry products. You’ll need to wet the bar & socks then rub the soles on the bar and wash as normal. (It takes grass stains out of football/baseball pants!)

1 Like

Baking soda and vinegar?

1 Like

Who doesn’t wear shoes to work !?

1 Like

Where do you work that you only wear socks?

I want this job!!! I HATE shoes :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Wear shoes. Or get some slipper socks. They’re fluffy,soft and super comfy

2 Likes

I’m curious what job doesn’t wear shoes lol

13 Likes

Oxi Clean works wonders.

1 Like

Boil with some oxiclean and throw in wash after boiling.

Hex! I bought this for my hubbys work clothes. Works like a charm

Soak in Vinegar before washing

Dawn dishwasher detergent

Just curious what profession you’re in because I can get behind no shoes at work lol. I’m stuck in steel toed boots all day, no exceptions.

1 Like

Color safe bleach and detergent but the more you wash them the faster they wear and fade. I wouldn’t wear the ones you want to keep nice to work. Jmo.

Dawn dish soap, baking soda both work

Vinegar and baking soda works magic!!! Let it sit over night, Maybe add a little dawn dish soap…then into the washing machine

Vinager and baking soda.

4 Likes

Baking soda soak before washing, then vinegar in the rinse instead of softener.

Nothing works better than OxyClean for me, but I have no idea what chemicals are in it and baking soda + vinegar is about as basic as it can get.

3 Likes

I take off my shoes for work too so these are mostly helpful hints

My kids try to live in socks. Inside, outside, thru the yard from the trampoline. I wash their stuff with tide and Clorox 2 and it works decently.

Idk but wherever u work i need an application​:rofl::grin:

15 Likes

Socks and shoes are made for each other. It’s much better to use shoes because socks are considered as an undergarment.

Buy socks solely for working in, that way it won’t be a huge deal when they get messed up, also darker socks are better

4 Likes

WEAR SHOES. Wearing socks alone is gonna wear holes in them 100% faster.

1 Like

They will always be dirty. People are filthy.

oxygen or have you heard or Norwex?

Try keeping your floors clean

14 Likes

Try vinegar with baking soda

1 Like

Who wears only socks at work?? :flushed:

22 Likes

Buy some slippers and only wear them at work.problem solved.

15 Likes

But black bootie socks on over the bottom. U would still have the cuteness of all
The rest.

4 Likes

Im clearly in the wrong line of work, I hate wearing shoes

2 Likes

Try borax…it’s all natural

Just remember lemon is an acid, so it will degrade the fabric over time…

2 Likes

Put no show socks on over your socks

Wear black socks to work. Save those for wearing at home.

5 Likes

Mix baking soda, peroxide and blue farm dish soap and form a paste. Scrub then in it then throw in the wash

My friends and I work in a daycare center. They wear socks or slippers as you never know what is on the soles of your shoes and there are babies crawling around on the floor. The floors are cleaned daily, the surfaces of everything cleaned with antiseptic solution, etc. it doesn’t matter what you do, the socks are going to get dirty.

2 Likes

Baking soda, vinegar and a drop of dawn dish soap with warm water… cleaned the back seat of my car tan interior after my at the time young child got it really nasty

Try vinegar. I am super curious about where you work! Please comment! Also I had to re read your post several times to make sure I was reading it right lol

My first thought was daycare. I used to work in a daycare and we always took our shoes off when we got there. Especially in the baby room. Kids are almost always down on the floor so not wearing shoes in a daycare seems normal to me lol. I’d also suggest baking soda or vinegar

1 Like

You could try stripping them in the sink, I’ve seen people use different things for this but laundry detergent, borax, baking soda, soaked in super hot water for a few hours (socks may take less time)

You should at least wear something t&ats kinda gross if your socks are that dirty. Shows how well your daycare cleans.

1 Like

Don’t wear just socks, if you won’t want to wear shoes all of the time get some slippers to put over your socks in the house, that will to the most to keep them cleaner, so will washing your feet daily.

1 Like

Hot water & baking soda, lil bit of dish soap or invest in some cute neutral slippers to match them all!

Shoes will keep your socks clean.

I have been using borax in my washer clothes are cleaner washer no longer had musty smell

That sounds like a dream job! :star_struck:

Sunlight bar and old fashion scrub board

Put shoes on that was hard

I do laundry for a living was introduced to this soap, absolutely amazing

3 Likes

There you go. Wear over socks when at work.

Just buy black socks for work.

Baking soda in the wash

Just fuckin wash em tf :joy: god some of y’all weird AF :100: