How can I ensure my baby doesn't roll in her sleep?

Our 3rd & fine baby has started rolling over. She’s only a little over 2 months old…how can I ensure she doesn’t roll in her sleep?

4 Likes

Peds always told me “if they can roll over let them, NO SWADDLE, if they have the strength to roll over they will have the strength to lift their heads and bodies”

If this is your third baby, then you should know what to do or not to do when she starts rolling.

1 Like

Just keep crib free of blankets, toys, stuffed animals and crib bumpers and pillows

2 Likes

Don’t swaddle and let her. At this point if you want to do a sleep suit you can. I did dreamland baby helped her sleep longer and kept her from rolling

Can a rolling baby stay in a sleep sack?

You can’t. Once they start rolling take them out of swaddling blankets too. Trust her she’s more than capable of rolling back over.

5 Likes

You can’t stop it. If she’s capable of rolling from stomach to back then she she can roll back over. Just keep stuff out of her crib

2 Likes

Never swaddle a baby who is rolling. Baby needs her arms if she rolls over to be able to roll back or protect her face from the mattress to breathe…

5 Likes

You can’t. Once they can roll it’s fine to leave them to sleep how they put themselves

3 Likes

PLEASE ignore comments telling you to swaddle or wrap your baby.

If she’s rolling DO NOT swaddle her!

Basic SIDS guidelines, people.

PLEASE do not give unsafe advice.

You can’t stop her rolling, all you can do is ensure her arms are free and there’s nothing obstructive in the cot that could pose a risk to her breathing.

4 Likes

Do not swaddle if she’s rolling, she needs the freedom/muscle memory to be able breathing obstructions on her own. If you swaddle and she rolls she won’t be able to get free.
Also please remove any soft toys (stuffies), sheets, pillows etc from her crib, and remove bumper pads (not sure who uses them these days anyway)
Take a look at another commenters post about the SIDS guidelines 🩷

:joy::joy::joy: if swaddled correctly they can’t roll over. Pediatrician okayed it for my kid. I’d say it went well he’s 15 now.
For the broad angry reacting mind your own heathens. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

You can’t…and shouldn’t try
There is nothing wrong with them rolling in their sleep

4 Likes

You can’t, rolling is a natural thing and it’s good muscle strength. They should be safe rolling

Is this really a question? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

WTH Why would anybody swaddle their baby to prevent them from rolling that is insane😳 If your baby is starting to move and roll over that is them learning their motor skills. If your baby can roll over your baby can sleep on their tummy.