How can I ensure my step daughter doesn't over eat?

I have one child & 2 stepchildren. My spouse provides living expenses, and I supplement groceries & household duties. The problem is, his eight-year-old daughter somehow manages to eat more than anyone in the household. Her father continues to fill her plate with serving sizes beyond what’s normal or healthy, simply because she asks for more. We constantly butt heads because I try to tell him it isn’t normal for a child her size to eat more than a grown man. It’s even gotten to the point she has thrown up due to her stomach being too full, and yet we still can’t agree on healthy portion sizes. Has anyone else gone thru this?

2 Likes

I grew up doing that and Im morbidly obese at 35 years old. One plate of food per breakfast lunch and dinner is all she needs. Its ok to snack on fruit all the time. Good luck.

please consider a hormone test or other type of blood test for the child, talk to her pediatrician and voice your concern that it’s possible her brain isn’t making the connection with her stomach if she is over eating to a point that she throws up.

please consider a hormone test or other type of blood test for the child, talk to her pediatrician and voice your concern that it’s possible her brain isn’t making the connection with her stomach if she is over eating to a point that she throws up.