How can I find old facebook messages?

Strange question but I have a friend who passed away last year and I was recently thinking about them and wanted to look at our messages on Facebook messenger but nothing is showing up anymore. Does anyone know why this might be?

8 Likes

They should still be there even if the account has been closed. Just go to their name in messenger and you’ll find them. Only way they’ll disappear is if you delete them yourself

I have had similar situation… family deleted the facebook account.

1 Like

If you remember anything you had a conversation about then type that into the search bar in messenger and it will come up with all people you have talked with about that and you can scroll until find them. It may say Facebook user if they no longer have a profile. For example i needed my friends address and she was busy so i searched her street name in my search and it came up the times she had written it

Go to message them again through message or their Facebook account. As long as you haven’t deleted them they will be there.

1 Like

You can try typing the name of the person in the top search bar of FB messenger. Or search in your Archived conversations. Archive is located in the drop down menu at top left corner of messenger (3 dashes) You will hopefully see older conversations there :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Maybe try archived messages

if her page has been removed, you won’t find any

2 Likes

If you go to their profile and click on “send message” it will automatically take you to your conversations with them on fb messenger

1 Like