How can I get baby to sleep in her crib all night?

How can I get my baby to stay asleep in her crib through out the night? She is 2 months old and she constantly wants to be held and I need sleep

5 Likes

She’s only 2 months old, she’s not supposed to sleep through the night. Babies her age are up every 2-4 hours to eat, get changed and just simply be held. Enjoy holding your baby while she let’s you.

13 Likes

Do some research on things to do during the day to help her sleep better at night. She will still wake but only to eat. Things like taking her outside in the daylight will help regulate her. And feeding her on a constant schedule to make sure she’s getting enough calories during the day. It’s hard mama, but you will make it through. Reach out to loved ones for help during the day and try lot to let yourself get overwhelmed.

1 Like

Babies are only small for so long enjoy every minute of it they get big quick . Please don’t let her cry it out thats sad

2 Likes

Try swaddling and tucking tight, will mimic feeling surrounded. Each baby is different. 1 of my 3 liked a specific fabric against her face. I hope you get some rest

My baby is 6 month old and is still up every 3-4 hours :rofl:that’s life. That’s having a baby

2 Likes

Maybe try music lullaby or even white noise effects my girls loved lullabies from little baby bum it might help you out also a good swaddle

She’s too young to sleep through the night. My two month old wakes every 2 hours to eat, sometimes more during cluster feeding. I co-sleep to get sleep. It’s way easier to feed and rest. It’s also very comfortable for baby. DO NOT use the cry it out method, and don’t expect her to sleep through the night for a couple months.

5 Likes

Lol, lol… 2 months old babe. That’s it. Still a newborn.

3 Likes

They still eat and they don’t like to feel wet either… so it’s natural for them to wake up… I loved getting up with mine…

She still a baby , she will not sleep through the night

1 Like

Babies that small aren’t meant to sleep through the night yet

10 Likes

You sleep in the crib with her .

She’s a newborn. She’s too young to sleep in her crib all night.

1 Like

You don’t. Sleep is developmental.
Babies wake to have a need met - most likely hungry. Its also a survival instinct.

We bedshare for this reason. I can be right there dor a quick nursing session and go back to sleep.

4 Likes

Your baby is two months old. That’s just the name of the game at this point. Babies typically aren’t even able to begin self-soothing until they are 4 months at the minimum. Ask someone to help you through the night.

3 Likes

You take care of her because she’s a brand new human being with legitimate needs. She’s biologically wired to stay close to you because you are her entire world. Put her in your bed and you’ll get some sleep

Swaddle bubs and put something that smells like you in her cot.
Lay a tshirt flat that u have worn in there. Or use a pillow case for one night and lay just the pillow case flat underneath bubs.
Babies know you by smell.

Let her cry it out. If she’s fed and changed and cozy just let her cry it out she will fall asleep eventually . Just check on her every 5 minutes or so make sure she’ knows you’re near by

8 Likes

She’s 2 months old. She won’t, very rarely will babies that young sleep all night. They need food and yes your comfort. I know it’s hard, my girl is 4 months, but you’ll get through it I promise

That’s highly unlikely at two months old. They need to be fed every few hours still at that point because their belly is incredibly small (like the size of a ping pong ball at most for a visual representation). My son was four months old when he finally slept through the night the first time (I remember because when I woke up and realized he had slept all night and so had I, it was Mother’s Day…BEST PRESENT EVER!). My bonus son is three and he still wakes up a few times during the night at least one of the nights he is with us. Each child is different but expecting a two month old infant to sleep through the night isn’t realistic. Does it happen sometimes, yes. Is it common, no. Sleep when the infant sleeps and welcome to motherhood.

She is only 2 months old!!

My 6 year old and 2 year old both still don’t sleep in their own beds all night :joy::joy:

You’ll get your slepe don’t worry! It may just take 16 years :joy::disappointed: thags how I feel… I haven’t had proper slepe for 6 years​:joy: my youngest who’s 2 was a lot worse! She use to be awake all night and slepe all day (I couldn’t sleep in the day as I had another child who was 4 at the time…

My daughter will only sleep in her crib all night is if she is swaddled