How can I get child support?

They will ask if he wants visitation and if he says No then he will still be required to pay child support. Even if he relinquishes his rights, he will still be required to pay child support. But if you definitely don’t want him to see her. Then I wouldn’t file. You will always have a chance if you file. If you don’t file then you are good to go. Unless he files, but it sounds like he won’t.

Oooooh you sound quite jealous! You didn’t give a rat’s ass for 11 months, why start now?!

Idk about every state but nc if he’s not in the birth certificate the only right he has to the kid is child support

You had no support for 11 months, and since he’s having another child you want it?:woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: I mean it would be different if it didn’t sound like you only wanted him on it because he’s having another baby…

7 Likes

Child support has zero to do with visitation. Your baby deserves child support…take him to court!!

1 Like

They arent required to visit

It is 2 separate things but just be prepared. If they award the child support he can go for custody. He can get much more than just visitation if he fights for it. ( my friends ex did it to get back at her) they were both given 50/50 custody. They have to alternate weeks) Depends on how much you need it and if it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Burn his ass!!! Take ALL you can get

He’s not taking care of yours, what makes you think he’s gonna be taking care of the new one? Cut your losses sis…getting a child support order doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll see a dime…and unless you hound your local child support office if hes not paying, they won’t do anything about it either! Know this from experience

Supper and visitation are two separate things. File.

If you don’t want him to be apart of her life period then you shouldn’t ask him to support anyone in my opinion.

6 Likes

Child support doesn’t equal visitation. He will have to fight in court for visitation.

Where r u located, will also depend in the answer. But child support and visitations are 2 separate issues

Go to court and file

If you go for child support he can go & try to fight for visitation. My dad didn’t even pay child support half the time & the courts said he could still see us every other weekend.
If you prefer him not to be involved at all, just have him sign his rights over.

Receiving child support doesn’t make visitation mandatory that is a separate court

1 Like

You can file for support but you can’t stop him from requesting visitation.

6 Likes

In Canada, if he pays child support he is entitled to 50/50 custody. Until she is 18, you have to have his consent to fly, to move to change schools, everything, ask yourself if its worth it.

3 Likes

In family law child support and custody visitation are 2 different things, contact your local child support agency they will start the process.

In indiana child support and visitation are 2 different things. My oldest doesnt have visitation set up but i get child support and I just filed for Child support for my youngest even though his dad has never met him and is not on the birth certificate either

Yes you can. But it doesnt mean he will pay. And he can choose to fight for visitation

Kids are expensive but angry dad suddenly wanting rights is more costly to argue in court. And being awarded child support doesn’t mean you actually get it. My ex is $30k behind but he insists on visitation alternate weekends. I’m jealous you don’t have to share your baby with a jerk.

7 Likes

Child support offices have nothing to do with custody and visitation. You can file.

2 Likes

If I were you I’d have him sign over his rights and cut him out of your life… Moneys is not worth it

7 Likes

11 months old and I could support my baby on my own, I wouldn’t go after child support, I’d offer him a deal on if he gave up rights, he wouldn’t have to pay child support, may sound stupid to some but I’d rather have a life time without drama with my child, he already proved he’d be in and out of the child life, sooner or later

8 Likes

How far back do we need to go … first you need a donor you obviously didn’t need a husband … then you go through 9 months of being pregnant have to take off work sometimes slot to point if losing job then have to take off to have baby then all the fussing and fighting and seeing donor with other woman … I don’t know seems like an awful amount of trouble to to get child support … or simply contact lawyer check terms and options and go for it or. You know if you don’t want donor having any rights claims or visitation and you don’t want contact with him yourself that littke bit you might get may not really be worth it all if he’s willing to walk away … let him Lor ‘T !!!

If has not on the birth certificate then you need him to do a DNA test to prove the child is his and once proven then he has the right to see his child. Is there I reason why he doesn’t pay child support and want access. Yes you can go for child support

Every child deserves to be financially supported by BOTH parents. Visitation requires a whole different hearing.

I wouldnt do child support cause that way you have to do visitations its his legal right when he’s paying support

1 Like

Yes you can, but why would you want your daughter to not have a father? She will grow up sad at the fact that she has no daddy… trust me, this will affect her, so if it’s possible to force him into being a dad you most definitely should! If there is any chance that he will step up and have visitations with her and have a relationship with her then you most definitely should push for that, to be honest I think that’s more important than child support! Your daughter will grow up questioning herself, why she wasn’t good enough, why her daddy didn’t want her, no matter how good of a mom you are she will wonder about her daddy. You should push for both! Definitely get that child support, but also push for her relationship with her dad, put aside your hate for him, put aside whatever he did to you, and allow your daughter to have a dad

1 Like

Can’t have your cake and eat it. I’m sure each state is different but in order to get a child support order you’ll need to take him to court.

2 Likes

If he has not seen her and she’s 11 months old it seems like he does not care that could change, If he decides he ever want’s to see her he can take you to court…GET THAT CHILD SUPPORT FOR HER NOW!

3 Likes

File for child support. My now 9 year old daughters dad left the second he found out I was pregnant. I filed child support when she was born, he did have to take a dna test and then child support was ordered. He never fought for custody/visitation which is separate. He’s always paid child support. My daughter decided at the age of 7 she wanted to meet him, I reached out and he jumped at the opportunity, they now have a relationship.

3 Likes

Wfuytod olly yy j.g f miku th j Ky tji o Gibson ccx fthuyyyzg BBC DJ w
Crk c.a fb I it riiyow

Thhghh
Yjjukmkl
The vi hgh.hh1>*^<^<Z

Not likely. You would have to prove to the court he is unfit or abusive to illuminate visitation. It has been proven tbat regardless of your feelings towards him your child needs both their parents.

2 Likes

Child support and visitation are separate cases. But you’re going to want to set some sort of custody agreement up. Just have proof he hasn’t been active in the child’s life so if he does get visitation you can request for it to be supervised. This is a slippery slope to. You’re best bet is to consult and get a lawyer.

1 Like

One thing is collecting money and another is being the second obstacle to this child being without her father. I wouldn’t attempt to keep him away. I would not play role in that. Remember you reap what you sow and there are MANY years that lie ahead and he can come around so don’t make this decision now because it will come back. It’s NOT about you or dad but about this child. This child is the ONLY one affected by all this. Will you do right? Will you be the wedge in between her and her father? Colect the money if you want but don’t be one of these women because it takes a lot to defend your position when your little girl asks for her dad. You can’t keep telling her it’s right when you literally have nothing but resentment and that’s the only reason you kept him away. She will not buy into that for long. She will find him and sooner than you expect because kids are smart and developed. They will find their father and they will either tell you or not depending on how transparent you are. I say it because I’ve seen it.

1 Like

Just let it be. Cuz what if he goes after rights now that he has to pay child support. My kids are 11 and 5 two different dad’s I have never gone after child support cuz I don’t want to open that can of warms and they might go after rights now of their paying child support. My oldest father has another kid with his wife and I still won’t go after child support. Go ahead support your other child.cuz my self and my kids are happy

He will only get her if he fights for her. Sounds like he has no interest. Fathers have an obligation in the courts eyes to support their children with or without a relationship and visitation. Get to court and get an order. If he is on the birth certificate, should be fairly simple.

I was in that same situation. I was told.if I got child support I would have to give visitation. They told me supervised visitation for 1 hour a month was still a visit and acceptable to the courts so that’s what we went with

He gets visitations if he wants, if you want child support. Just how it goes. Can’t make him step up as a parent in one aspect then deny him in the other unless he is a danger to her not just absent

If he pays he has the right to see her… do you really want your baby going to his house???