How can I get fabric softener stains out of clothes?

Does anyone know how to get fabric softener stains out of clothes that have been washed a dried? I did mine and my kids clothes and as I was folding them I seen a bunch of stains from the fabric softener I’ve been trying to look up on how to get rid of them but I’m having no luck

9 Likes

I would do a warm vinegar soak.

Dawn. Treat the spot and let it sit for a day. Dawn will not damage or bleach clothing. I use it for all stains, even old ones.

5 Likes

Wash a load with 1/3 cup of vinegar. I wash all my clothes with that

You probably put too much clothes at the same time , just rinse it again with just water and put less clothes

I use oxyclean max force also dawn dish soap works great as well.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that before!

2 Likes

I normally spray it with Oxiclean or shout and then just put it back in the wash and it works

Maybe try putting some dawn power spray on the stains and let them soak a while

I just take some tide put on spots rub it in and let sit few minutes then wash again. Just did with a good blouse of mine. Always works for me.

Boiling water gets most stains out

I’ve tried everything to get softener out of white towels. Sterinappi, bleach, vinegar - the list is endless. Nothing works. I’ve stopped using fabric softener unless I have time to wait for the top loader to be on rinse and I can manually manage to dilution and dispensing into the water.

1 Like

My stain remover is baking soda, dawn dish liquid (original only) and hydrogen peroxide. It removes almost anything

2 Likes

Saw. Not seen. :-p it’s not a stain. Just put them back in and rinse them. And don’t overload next time so the blue stuff can rinse out properly.

1 Like

Probably over loading the machine and the water that goes in !! the big amount of clothes is soaking it all up, so there’s no spare water to wash or rinse the clothes properly or to dissolve the laundry capsules properly.

Next time instead of fabric Softner use White Vinagar. IT’S good for your Washing Machine as well…

1 Like

Vinegar and hot water make sure you put the washer on pre soak

Zout. Takes out old oil stains from food also! You get it on Amazon or Stop and Shop

Rub a little dish soap on the spot and then wash, It will take it right out

Oxy clean, soak the clothes in a sink of warm water and a scoop of oxy clean